“Great Room No relaxed area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road

Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #63 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Room No relaxed area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The room and staff was great. But, if we wanted to have a few adult drinks we had to go outside with our group. No seating at all. The elevator felt like it was going to get stuck everytime we rode. It was an influx of patrons due to the CMA'S 2013. The pool was to small and just not enough accommodations for large groups.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear GLox18,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for review o our property. We are glad that our services and staff were able to assist you. In addition, we will put your comments into consideration as better ways to serve future guests. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I came to this hotel straight from the hospital right after having surgery.. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and I have been through a lot with this disease. When me and my fiancé arrived, we just checked in normally. We didn't tell them anything about my situation. All that was discussed, was the hotel had a special online, for a discounted price. We prefer to always pay in cash with hotels that are not 5 star hotels, just in case anything bad happens, as in over charging us, etc. Anyway, they gave us complete HELL about cleaning our room. We kept the room clean and changed the sheets every day along with getting rid of any trash...it's just the respectable thing to do. I kept my "do not disturb" sign on the door most of the time...due to my condition. I have to take a VERY strong medicine at a certain time of the day, and when I do, I have to lay down and I can't do anything..I can hardly walk. Ok, so there were several times we took the sign off the door so they could clean the room.- Room never was cleaned. Time would go by and I'd even call the front desk and ask about housekeeping and they'd always tell me they were gone for the day. We have a life and a VERY important schedule. So if it isn't on our time for them to clean the room, then NO. They can not come do it whenever they want. Well, we went outside, left the sign on the door, because I needed to take a shower right after to get ready to go to the hospital for my treatment..I was already running a little behind. We came back (5 minutes tops) and the head of housekeeping (lady with red hair) had our door wide open and was in our room, cleaning the bathroom, even took the shower curtain completely off! We had things to do that are EXTREMELY important and I could not take a shower. I was very upset. My fiancé told her she needed to get out of our room so I could get ready! It took them 20 minutes to bring a shower curtain back up, and by this time, I had no time to shower, so I had to leave and start my day and go to the hospital DIRTY! I had to argue with the lady at the front desk to finally get my way, because they would not take no for an answer! Kept demanding that they will have to clean the room now and housekeeping leaves in an hour. NOT my problem! I told them housekeeping could come at 1pm the next day...well..they came way before then, knocking on my door harassing to get in my room! I had taken my medicine and I could not get up to answer the door! The manager even came to my door and said he was going to call Law enforcement!! Wow! Unbelievable! They called from the front desk several times and I could not make it to the phone and ended up falling because I was trying to make it to the door, then the phone would not stop ringing! I finally got a chance to get up and get to the phone. It was the hotel manager, an older black man. I have never in my life been talked to like this from a hotel manager. He was very mean to me! Kept asking why I was at the hotel, which is none of his business! My house is being remodeled while I have treatment at the hospital, so I told him my house was being remodeled. He completely snapped on me and said I was on a discount price because I was under hospital patient discount. Mind you, we didn't tell them ANYTHING about my business. He said we had been there the maxim time for it to no longer be a discount, and that we would have to pay $200 a night! Said I needed to show him papers proving I was having treatment at a hospital! The discount price we were paying was from a deal over the internet! I guess they seen my hospital bracelet and did what they wanted to without talking to me at all about it. We didn't even know we were there under a hospital discount! What we were paying was something that was agreed between the both of us. I had plenty of papers from the hospital, but at this point, I was NOT about to go through that and be treated that way! I couldn't even face him because I was so upset and my fiancé was furious! I was afraid of what my fiancé would do, or say to this crazy man! We just left! I didn't want my man to get in trouble or lower himself to that managers level by giving him what he deserves! We are not mean people by no means. But I was hurt in the process because of them. I have a huge knot on my hip from falling because of them! I truly believe Karma will come back for this man and the others that played a part in this insane behavior! People are crazy y'all! I almost am considering calling news channel 5. I couldn't imagine someone else who is sick like me or worse, to have to go through such misery! I will NEVER return back to this place! Everyone, PLEASE be careful of the people around you. This world has gotten to become a dangerous place because of the way people are! We will prau for this man and the others whom played a part in this nonsense! Good grief.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Jenbugpoo,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if our policies on cleaning was an inconveince to you as our staff has been trained to ensure that when going several days without cleaning,we must provide you with refreshed linen, a clean shower, and a clean room. We felt that it was a perfect time to deliver our services to you while you were relaxing at our sparkling pool. Please know that meeting our guests expectations is our number one priority, and we apologize if we could not meet yours. Please feel free to contact us directly if there is anything more that we can do for you. Thank you again for your review, we will use all of your comments in better ways to serve future guests.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is dated. Upon entering the room, it had a gross musty smell. Immediately my husband went to the front desk to request another room (which they were very helpful with). When going into the next room, it had that same smell! The rooms are very small and would never stay here again! We cut our trip short a day bc of this.

Stayed July 2014
manager5612, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Erica V,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review. We apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on being a great hotel that guests love and we ask that you come back to visit us so that we can show you that. Have a great day, thank you.
Dandridge, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was for 4 nights while my son competed at the Nashville Gun Club. The place was totally great, but what REALLY impressed was a phone call after we checked out. My son had absent-mindedly left his xbox system, games, and controllers all packed and ready to leave beside one of the beds. Hundreds of $$$ worth of stuff just left there. Ugh...
The phone call was to tell us that it was all safe and ready for us to either pick up or they would ship it to us!!!! Thankfully we were still in Nashville and were able to pick it up! You can't ask for any better service than that!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
manager5612, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear LW8662,
We would like to thank you for your review of our property. Because we believe in honesty and guest satisfaction, it was no problem for us to contact you regarding lost items. Our guests are our first priority and we are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel prior to my mom's surgery at the Women's hospital. Hotel is close to interstate and while the direct location of the hotel isn't the most scenic, drive a few miles down and you are in the more upscale medical district. Hotel was clean, rooms were clean, staff were nice. Beds were comfortable but a little loud like they had plastic on them (which I guess is good). Kids loved the free breakfast and enjoyed the outdoor pool. We had a suite room which had two baths. One of the rooms of the suite had two queen beds and the other room was a sitting area with a pull out couch bed. It fit four of us very comfortably. When searching for hotels prior to my mom's surgery, this hotel was a good bit cheaper than ones closer to the medical district. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the women's hospital from the hotel. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
manager5612, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Lauralam,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that you took advantage of the different rates that we have to offer. We hope that you find time to visit us on your next lesiure time. Thank you for making us a great hotel that guests love. Have a great day
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was average but I must say the breakfast was the best we had experienced so far from our 10day roadtrip. The gym was great with a remote for the tv on each equipment. The hotel was clean and rooms were nice.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank anidreed
Dear Anidreed,
Thank you for your candid review of our property. We are glad that we were able to meet your breakfast and cleanliness needs, and apologize that your pricing needs were not met. We ask that you take advantage of any discounts that may apply to you on your next trip to us. Have a great day.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We took a last minute, 1 day trip to Nashville. When reviewing the hotels, we decided to stay here, as it looked convenient and had decent reviews, and only $110 per night. Upon arriving, I was a bit skeptical, as there was a security guard walking the parking lot. I wondered if we were in a bad part of town but we encountered no problems and the next morning didn't reveal that it was a bad spot. We checked in late and without issue. Our room was very clean and for once, there were enough towels and washrags to accommodate a family of 4. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. The breakfast looked decent, although, only our 9 year old ate. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the hotel was only 15 minutes away. I recommend this place vs the one HI Express that is downtown and $210 a night. Traffic was very minimum when we headed downtown at 11 AM.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Fishinfish,
Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations. We llok forward to seeing you again soon.