“Shuttle Disappointment”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #61 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Booked to stay here because of the shuttle service that I read about in the reviews. When I booked the reservation the guy told me that they would pick us up whenever we landed to just call them because they were always there. I told him our flight wouldn't be in until 11:00pm and he said that was fine. When we did check in I asked to be clear about their shuttle service and the desk clerk stated that it started at 4:00 am on the hour and ended at 10:00pm. We left the hotel at 4:15am and they were taking a guy to the airport in front of us in the shuttle so they were not on time. We ended up parking at the Airport and paying 78.00 to park for the week. Don't believe everything you read or hear about these people.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FlowerLadyTennessee

Reviewed 6 February 2011

My co-workers and I originally were scheduled to stay here for two nights...but we left after the first. This hotel didn't impress me and certainly didn't live up to other Comfort Suites - although Bobbi Sue at the front desk was great, and the beds were INCREDIBLY comfortable.

Upon entering my room, I noted a rip in the carpet and that the armoire had chips in the wood. The couch had a tear, the "work center" was a cheap dining room table, and the TV wasn't even a flat screen. Who doesn't have flat screens in their rooms in 2011? Even the wi-fi was spotty at best. I ended up using my Mi-Fi card for Internet access.

Overall, the rooms generally looked like what you'd get in a Super 8 or even Motel 6, not a Comfort Suites. The bathroom was clean but dated.

The saving grace for this hotel was the bed. It was - by far - the most comfortable bed I've slept in on the road in the past year.

You'll see my review for another hotel just down the street if you look at my profile. I'll stay there EVERY TIME I visit Nashville for business in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Comfort suites are much better than comfort inn. This facility offered us great rest and great breakfast. Spacious rooms and clean bathrooms. Good for families with young children.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The Comfort Suites near the airport is a new hotel. The hotel is very clean although it is not as quiet as we would have liked. You can hear voices from other rooms and the halls. Also you can hear the airplanes taking off in the morning. The staff is excellent and the facillities are very good. Breakfast was very good. The rooms are large and well decorated.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Although the room was nice and large and fit our group well, the stay at this hotel was not a great experience overall. The front desk clerk was short and snippy in all of our dealing with her. She also wore jeans and an untucked shirt (very unprofessional for front desk staff!). There was a sticky spot on the floor outside the elevator that I watched 3 different personnel sweep over, but the spots were never mopped up in the 3 days we were there. The downstairs hall smelled of feces. The hotel is definitely older and in need of an internal face lift. The beds...uncomfortable. Sleep on the floor...it will feel better!

Breakfast staff personnel beyond rude. I watched her snap at a young girl and practically push a couple out of the way trying to clean the tables. There was a vertical ladel rest for the gravy ladel at the breakfast bar. During the course of the morning, it would get filled with gravy dripping from the ladel. I watched the woman overseeing the bar pick up the ladel, scoop out all of the old gravy drippings from the ladel rest (that had been sitting out in the open air), and deposit those drippings right back into the gravy tray that was being served...YUCK!!!!

Now, let's get to the worst part...the indoor pool, which is why we booked the hotel in the first place, so the kids would have something to do. After 15 minutes in the pool area our first night there, the kids eyes were bright red, they were sneezing, and we all felt woozy with severe headaches. There is absolutely NO good ventilation in this indoor pool area, and they must have deposited all of the chlorine available in the free world into the pool. It was horrendous!!! Needless to say...no more pool!

The price was good. The location was GREAT! But there is a huge selection of hotels in the area that HAVE to be better...so choose one of them!!! The rest of Nashville was WONDERFUL!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RenaK
Reviewed 24 January 2010

This hotel at the time of visit did need some upgrading. However the hotel staff was very nice and helpful. A friend was flying in from Austin and i was able to ride the shuttle to get her and not have to take my car and pay for parking. We were able to change rooms with the night before rain caused a few problems in our room. The pool area was very nice had no problems at all. I am staying here again soon and will have to post a new review. i hope this hotel does not let me or my family down!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Our family chose this hotel to stay for four nights during the Thanksgiving holiday.
We were not disappointed. We were able to check in early, provided an excellent breakfast each morning, very attentive servers, paper, clean room with room service daily.
Great value!