Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Opryland
Ranked #75 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great stay”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My journey to Nashville was quite long, so I was overjoyed when I arrived at the Alexis Inn well before check-in time and was able to go to my room immediately. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I was in town to see a show at the Ryman Auditorium, and the hotel's proximity to downtown was approximately 5-6 miles. But the drive was an easy one, and Nashville seems to be a pretty easy town to navigate. The hotel is located near the airport. It's not necessarily in the midst of all the action, but that's not a problem if you have a car. Hotel parking is free, but I noticed the lot does get filled up after a certain hour. My room was clean and comfortable. I had a regular king room, and I was traveling alone. I will say it was small but just fine for one person. As a couple, I would think about possibly booking 2 double beds in order to have some more space. The sink and vanity area is outside of the actual shower/bathroom, but it was updated with granite. Housekeeping did a great job of keeping my room clean everyday. The free breakfast had the typical breakfast items, and it was always fresh. The hotel had a small fitness room with a treadmill and 2 Ellipticals which was fine for me during the short stay. The room was air-conditioned and served its purpose nicely. Also, the hotel has free Wi-fi for its guests and it worked very well in my room and the lobby. Honestly, I had booked this hotel through Hotwire and probably would not have chosen it on my own. With that said, I would definitely stay here again if returning to Nashville on a budget.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hebrew first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were somewhat concerned about the $65 rate for this hotel since most of the others in the same airport area were considerably more. Although we just stayed over nite to catch an early flight in the morning we were happy with the room the helpfulness of the front desk staff and the shuttle service to the airport. We were able to leave our car in their lot for the week that we were gone for no charge with a room night. The only small item is that they need automatic doors to the lobby. We left too early to sample the breakfast.

Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Alexis Inn in Nashville is just an ok hotel. On the plus side, check in was fast and effecient. The beds were very comfortable with 4 pillows on each bed and we were pleased to find the room had a cove with a microwave and refrigerator and some cabinet space. The continental breakfast was ok and very satisfying. On the negative side, there was no pool and no fruit on the continental breakfast. The water in the shower was warm but not hot. The noise in the room above us was irritating because the children were running and you could hear the sound of their footsteps and their voices. Apparently there is not much insulation or sound barriers.

Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The Alexis Inn will satisfy most....comfortable beds, clean rooms, friendly check in. The free breakfast is great. You get biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage, a selection of cereals, coffee, 3 types of juice, milk, blueberry muffins, pound cake and danishes. There is also a waffle maker. The only thing missing from the typical continental breakfast was the absence of any type of fruit. The breakfast is popular with hotel guests and seating is limited. Be prepared to take breakfast back to your room, or dine early in the morning or closer to the end, when seats seem more readily available.
As a parent who travels with children the big negative for this resort was....no pool, no jacuzzi. My kids love hotels because it's the only chance they get to swim. When asked if they might work with a neighboring hotel for use of their pool, we were told our options were to visit a water park or go to a lake. (Asking if a neighboring hotel might accomodate us for their pool is not unheard of, we once stayed at The Club Inn about a half mile away and when their pool was out, they had arranged for the ramada next door to allow Club Inn guests to use their pool).
Other than that, there is not much by way of sound barriers in the walls. We could hear everything going on in the bathroom of our own room, and you can hear every conversation behind every door as you go down the hall. This is not a big deal for me, but putting it out there for information, in case anyone is sensitive to that sort of thing.
So in short, if you are not sensitive about the fact that there is no water or jacuzzi, (and knowing the fact that your private conversations may not be so private after all) you should be very pleased with this property.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We arrived there 3 hours earlier than chech-in time,we were so tired! I asked if we can check -in... and we did! Very nice room,clean,great fresh breakfast! We will return to this hotel again.We only stayed one nite,but it was so fun..we booked on travelocity..great stay!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Twentynine Palms, California
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This hotel is definitely showing its age! We arrived late in the evening from the airport and although we were able to check-in quickly the room left much to be desired. I wasn't comfortable walking around on the carpet barefoot and my daughter's feet were black! The A/C unit shut on and off all night and the elevators were extremely slow!

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I had a great room and a restful stay at the Alexis Inn. The room was clean with a nice layout. There was a good wifi connection, which is critical for me. And the complimentary breakfast came with waffles to get a good start to the day.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business