“Great place to stay”

Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Opryland
Ranked #78 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed the weekend to go to hunting show at opryland. Service was great,came in at night,forgot my phone charger,young woman at the desk had one for me to borrow! She also had knowledge of the area and any questions we had. The entire place was clean, and breakfast is great .

Now the bad. They should at least offer a smoking room. Got ,got on to by lady at desk early in the morning because I was trying to start breakfast a little early( it was out there !). Don't put it out there if you don't want it ate! Should start at 6 instead of 7 am. We are planning another trip to Nashville this fall. I may stay there, but I will look for another place first

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Met my girlfriend in Nashville for a fun getaway to go shopping and relax since we hadn't seen each other in a long time. My friend booked this hotel on a travel website because it was a good value. She had stayed at the Alexis Inn about a year prior to our visit and she enjoyed it so she booked it again. I usually stay at Hilton brand properties but since she booked it I just went with it.

We arrived for a late checkin and the front desk gal was super friendly and sweet. We were give a 1st floor room with 2 double beds. The room seemed clean and bathroom was average. The pillows weren't that comfortable but I managed. Before going to bed my friend looked over at where I was laying on my bed and saw a bug crawling on my pillow. I screamed and we took the bug on the pillow to the front desk. The night manager apologized stating they had never had such an issue and she took the pillow from us and offered us a different room. We were already settled in our room after a long day of traveling and we didn't feel like re-packing our things at 11:30p just to move to another room so we remained in our room.

Our second night, it happened again and I've attached a photo of the 2nd insect. We saw it on the wall by the window. Not sure what kind of bug it was but we took it to the front desk too and this time it was just the desk clerk who said she would advise the manager. We asked what kind of adjustment they could make for us and she said she'd have to talk to the manager.

The next morning was our checkout and we asked the day manager about the issues. He said the other manager offered to give us a $15 credit and he handed it over to us in cash (we had prepaid for our 2 night stay on the travel website in which we booked the room).

Aside from the incident with the bugs, I will say that the breakfast was good. They had muffins, toast, hot biscuits, sausage and gravy and round discs of scrambled eggs. The coffee was mediocre and they did have a nice selection of juices. The waffle maker was a hit with the other guests.

I don't plan to stay at this property again if I ever visit Nashville again.

1  Thank SavedByZero
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Before choosing this Inn, I read several reviews regarding this and other hotels/Inns in the area. After reading many reviews, I went ahead and booked the room. I stayed at the Inn for four days (January 31, - February 4, 2013) and I must say the experience was one of good nature. Upon entering the Inn, the front desk clerk, Callie, was very nice and helpful. Actually all the clerks were helpful but I can only remember Ms. Callie's name. :-) . When I entered my room, I was met with nothing but satisfaction; Everything was just right. The bed soft, pillows fluffy, tub and toilet sparkling clean, towels and washcloths plentiful. The breakfast was good but it could use a little more variety (i.e. bacon, sausage links, pancakes, grits, fresh fruit). If ever I am in the Nashville area again, I will definately stay at the Alexis Inn. Overall a better than expected choice

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for several years when traveling to Nashville. Good location, and reasonably priced. The beds have been comfortable and the hot breakfast adequate. Some of the rooms are a little small, but have not had any problems. It is relatively quiet although it is near the highway and the airport.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed at The Alexis Inn & Suites on Sat 1/19/2013 and it was a great hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful. When I checked in we were told our room had been upgraded to a suite. What a nice treat! The only complaint I had was that the breakfast didn't have any fruit available. Other than that everything was Awesome! Thanks Alexis Inn & Suite.

1  Thank MemphisLove2travel
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The hotel is very clean. At first glance the room seemed very small but we were surprised to find a small kitchen hidden behind he bedroom, including a small table and 2 chairs. The bed was comfortable and the pillows better than expected. There was a full hot breakfast in the mornings for breakfast. The location was close to everything we needed. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a higher floor because, depending on where you are, you get a better view but there wasn...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The girls behind the front desk were very friendly and greeted me warmly as soon as I walked in the door.
The room was booked through a third party online. There were a couple of glitches checking in due to the third party service that booked. The girls behind the desk helped me get things worked out and gave me an early check in while my husband was at his conference. They were busy but didn't act t like I was inconveniencing them in any way.
Wonderful room and good breakfast.
i do love staying downtown because i love overlooking the city. However, the experience was so positive it was worth the trade. Thanks for making my get away to one of my favorite cities to visit so enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013