“Amazing Stay”

Ranked #71 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Heritage
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I had driven by Alexis Inn many times but I was not impressed. This week I had an in home repair that required us to sleep away from home and I was not looking forward to staying in a hotel. I found Alexis Inn on booking.com. When I stepped in the hotel I was just in awe. The lobby was clean and well lit. The hallways were nice. I was completely impressed and I will return to Alexis Inn maybe in another city. The beds were huge and insanely comfortable. Just impressive. Free wifi free breakfast just a fabulous hotel. I didn't want to leave when it was time to check out. I was so happy here and I will be g going back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mona_woo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hebrew first
Wales
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Never having previously visited Nashville, my wife and I had a pay-two-nights-get-the-third-free deal and found the Alexis quite adequate. I feel, however, that some of the reviews, both favourable and unfavourable, are slightly over the top. What we found was a pretty average sort of hotel providing a decent level of comfort and cleanliness, a good, quiet night's sleep and an adequate breakfast. At the price, we couldn't ask for more. Our only criticism was that there didn't appear to be many places nearby at which to get an evening meal, except for a Waffle House across the road. We found the staff helpful and I would like to put in a plug for Geneva at the reception desk who obligingly printed out directions for us to get to various attractions and booked a shuttle to take us to downtown. The latter, incidentally, is a good option if, like us, you don't fancy driving in a strange city - at $18 each direction for the two of us, we felt it offered good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cymro36
Greenville, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked this hotel through Hotwire, so we really didn't know which hotel we were getting. We were very pleased with our room and enjoyed our stay very much, so I'm happy Hotwire chose this hotel for us. The free breakfast was very good and had a large variety of food. The room was spacious and even had a mini kitchen with a table and chairs. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is in a safe and quiet part of town. I was surprised it was so quiet near an airport! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay near downtown Nashville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
San Rafael, CA
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I booked this through Hotwire, which pretty much bait-and-switched me by listing this as a 3 star hotel. Every other site lists it as 2 1/2 stars. It's not even that. I seriously would have rather stayed at the Motel 6 for half the price. When I checked in, I got a room that was retrofitted for someone in a wheelchair- sink low, no bathtub, railings, awkward furniture placement, etc. OK. They told me they didn't have any other standard rooms left (um, that's when you upgrade someone to give them a sink and a bathtub for a standing person!) But it wasn't until I found wads of black hair in the shower drain and on the shower floor (clearly hadn't been cleaned) that I complained. They moved me to a "suite" which is a joke. I'd be so upset if I booked this as a romantic getaway. Be forewarned- the lighting is all horrible fluorescent bulbs at a million watts, so basically it is like being in an interrogation room. Or the DMV. It will accentuate every under-eye bag and bit of cellulite, and there are two settings- FLOODLIGHTS or off. In any case, not exactly the right ambiance for a hotel room. It actually is so ridiculous, I can't even believe it (I'm in here now). Other reviews that mentioned a musky smell are right. I actually think someone smoked in this room in the past, even though it is a nonsmoking room. They tried to make the decor nice, and it would have looked better with better lighting, but the chairs are dirty and frayed in places. Carpet is nearing the end of its life or needs a steam clean. It's the little details in this hotel that make it unpleasant- even in my suite, my white bedspread and sheets were wrinkled, like someone had napped on the bed. There is a hole/dent in my door, like someone kicked it. The room is painted a sickly pale green that looks just awful under these industrial fluorescent lights. It's clean, but not like *hotel* clean. Dust and dirt in the corners, mildew spots. My cheap white lampshades have brown/yellow stains from the glue burning (from the floodlight lightbulbs!) inside them. Just several sub-par things make this hotel a definite MISS for me. And SHAME on Hotwire for the bait-and-switch listing of this hotel as on par with Radisson, Doubletree, Holiday Inn, etc. NO WAY. That's hilarious. In their dreams.
*Note to management: Seriously, spring the extra few bucks on the energy bill for better lightbulbs that have warm tones. They will make the place look better and make your visitors feel much more at home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank SanRafaelChick
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Nice place, clean and reasonable and a lot of room. Well worth the stay I will go back. Friendly staff the I my downside is the breakfast was not the best. But I liked the room and space as well as the location. It has an extra room for eating if you get the WC room

Stayed May 2014
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is a real find. A diamond in the rough. Great friendly staff. Clean rooms. Great full breakfast.
If you are traveling in this area you must stay here. You won't be disappointed.
This is not a chain hotel, so they take extra pride in their appearance and go out of their way to accommodate you.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The hotel is conveniently located. Our room was large, clean, and well furnished. Everything worked as it should.

They had a nice breakfast included, both hot and cold food. Best of all, free coffee! I've seen people complain about a lack of fruit. Hey, it's free. Don't complain.

Free parking and free internet are also included, both of which are important to me.

The front desk clerks were extremely nice.

My only complaint, and it's petty, is that when they are busy, there's a long wait for the only elevator.

We enjoyed our stay, and would certainly return to the Alexis Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple