“We'll be back!”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #120 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Staff and management are very warm and friendly, and the location is awesome! We stayed at the Fiddlers Inn 4 days and enjoyed every moment. The hotel is close to so many things and mass transit is within walking distance. From now on, The Fiddlers Inn is the ONLY place we'll stay when in Nashville!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JenCorunna_Indiana

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We made our reservation online and was going to use the coupon on there web site but they would not take them when we got there. The motel is old dirty, smelly and no water pressure. To top that when we got up the next morning there was a bed bug in our bed. The location is the only thing it has going for it. My advice is to stay away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mabelle C
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Location is the only thing Fidler has going for it. Very outdated. Mattresses were worn out, sheets were thread bare and stained. Bathrooms were tiny with Harvest Gold tub and faucets that fall off when you turn them. Woke up with spider crawling on top of scratchy comforter. Never again needless to say

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Klb105
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The fiddlers inn in nashville is a great place to stay and they have management and staff love what they are doing ! very friendly and caring and i can say that at first hand, my name is bill from knoxville tn, and i had to come to nashville for a very serious surgery and i needed a place that was clean and comfortable that allowed my 2 babbies - peeka & boo our dogs could not be left behind there our babbies, well i chose fiddlers inn and they kept my reservations and when i arrived it was like coming to family to stay - treated great ! well the rooms were clean and the service was great , i even had a staff member put his daily paper in my door everyday for me to read and a neighbor one night knock on my door with a pizza for me and my wife so we wouldnt have to go out cause i had just had a cancer tumor taken out of my throat.we'll folks if you have to stay in the nashville area , make it fiddlers inn - very close to the grand ol opry and very safe clean and secure - it;s worth the money and tell them ol bill from knoxville sent ya!

Room Tip: we stayed at lower level 2 not much noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank bill j
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Affordable for those on tight budgets and staff was good to me as a solo traveller with a service dog. Has restaurants, shops, and mass transit within walking distance. Offers very good deals on souvenirs. Thank you Fiddler's Inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank dspMd
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had stayed at Fiddler' Inn several years ago with friends, that visit was good it was just what we needed then. I discovered then that I could have gotten a better rate had I called them personally and not gone thru a booking agency. This time I checked the web page and saw that there were discount coupons for online ordering but when I checked the price for calling and booking it was the same as the online discount. I checked all the hotels in this area and Fiddler's was the lowest price and for a weekend anniversary trip we didn't want to have to spend a lot of money on a room that we would only be in to change and sleep. We were going to the Grand Ole Opry and wanted to stay close by so that we could use the rear access road and not have to get off and on Briley Parkway. I had read some of the most recent reviews and saw there were a lot of complaints, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay there this trip. I decided that for the difference in the cost of their rooms compared to the others nearby I would give it another chance. I was happy I did! It is one of the few things in the area that has been there and not changed since this area became the hub of the Opryland events. It is not a brand new hotel, some of the furnishings might be a little worn or not as fancy as some who have be bought out or built up, but they were as comfortable and dependable as any I have stayed at. The room didn't have a fridge or microwave but we didn't need that this trip. Everything was clean and even if the carpet might have had lots of use I didn't mind walking barefoot. The only thing that I could find to complain about it I had to was that the bathtub hot and cold water knobs work in reverse to what is standard, which did take getting use to and if in a hurry to adjust the temp it could give you a bit of a shock of unexpected water blast of the wrong kind. Also the front door lock handles had to be pushed up instead of down as most go but there was a note on the lock or the key card telling us which way to push once I read it getting in went smoother. The breakfast was held on the 3rd floor of the main building and was a few pastries, toast, oatmeal, coffee and juice. The orange juice wasn't working but it might have just out when we got there. There were restaurants on both sides of the second and third buildings and there seemed to be lots of activity going on around the hotel as we checked in to our rooms but once the doors were closed we could only hear someone right outside our room calling to some in the parking lot. I believe that my husband saw a note that they had a shuttle available to go to the Grand Ole Opry and if so I might take it next time because with the Opry Mills Mall reopening, I think there were some entertainment businesses in it that shared the same parking and also some folks that I think were walking over to the Opryland Hotel and using the free parking there as well. We were going to the second Opry Show and so when we arrived looking for a parking spot for the Opry we ended up parking as we joked with the lady at check out, almost as far from the front door and had to walk what seemed to be the length that we would have walked from our own room. Inspite of that we had a great trip and one of the reasons was we were able to find an affordable room, that we felt safe and comfortable in close to all the things we planned to do. If we come back it will be the first place on my list to check for rooms.

Room Tip: We were gone from our room during the prime time party hours, we returned after midnight but I did n...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Katea9tails
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is the only hotel that we stay in on our numerous trips to Nashville each year. They have a very pleasant staff and great rates.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple