“Nice Room/Good Value/Great Location”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #122 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Homewood, Illinois
“Nice Room/Good Value/Great Location”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

In a city devoted to the songs of the common folk, the hotel prices are anything but "down-home". My wife and I had a difficult time searching on-line for a place that was comfortable, clean, nicely-appointed, and affordable. The Fiddler's Inn was our choice, and we can recommend it to anyone staying in Nashville.

The building looks like a reworked former Holiday Inn, and certainly the room arrangement is classic H.I. The furnishings are not cutting-edge, but are much like those in similarly-priced hotels, and in good shape. There was plenty of room to unpack, the beds were comfortable, and the air-conditioning blew cold on a night the temperature of a pizza oven.

The front-desk people are friendly and accommodating, and we even found a couple of souvenirs for friends in the lobby gift shop. The location is excellent, especially if you're going to any of the Grand Ole Opry properties.

I would have given Fiddler's Inn a "Very Good" rating had it not been for the very disappointingly meager breakfast selection, which forced us to go to McDonald's for our morning meal. (Fortunately, it, like many other restaurants, is nearby.) But even an "average" hotel can fulfill your overnight needs satisfactorily, and for $67.45 (AAA/AARP rate), you get a good value in a pricey town.

Room Tip: My wife and I like to stay on the highest floor possible, since families with lots of kids seem to p...
2 Thank LKTravelerboy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
orange, texas
Reviewed 26 July 2012

the clerk was so friendly i wish i could remember his name we were late check in the room i wanted downstairs they honored my request for downstairs unlike another hotel i did a review on .. anyway we saw tv show hotel impossible and they were show casing fiddler inn before we went i have stayed here many times in the past but it was fun seeing what they did on the show and to actually see it ... the room was clean its right across the st .from grand ol opry.. opryland hotel nashiville palace and right outside our door was cracker barrel and minutes from the airport i highly recommend this hotel its a little older but redecorated and clean....

Room Tip: good location nice friendly people clean i recommend fiddlers inn thru my experience it was a goo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank smokeymt54
Webb City
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel is in the heart of the Grand Ole Opry area, but the actual hotel is less than what the website bosts. It is an older hotel, and run down. We had 7 rooms booked and each had different set of amenities. We are thinking that when things broke, they just didn't fix them. It was late June, and hot, and they moved us twice, but none of the rooms were sufficiently cool to be comfortable. The air conditioners were old too. Breakfast left alot to be desired to say the least. The staff was nice, and apologetic, but this hotel needs a make-over soon.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building where the Lobby is. The other building's air conditioning canno...
2 Thank 67CAT
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2012

It's an older property that shows some signs of wear. They seem to try to keep clean, but we found a few dead bugs in the bathroom on check-in. The breakfast is lacking; there isn't even milk for coffee or cereal.

2 Thank Ytravel5
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I had the most horrible exp of my life at fiddlers inn.Managment was very rude,The air cond didn't work there was like 25 ppl in the small pool besides the children all the adults were drinking and cursing.Besides the location being good that's the only good thing about this place.fyi there are lots nicer places for about the same price.

Room Tip: there aren't any
2 Thank anna f
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I found the staff friendly upon check-in, and they were very helpful throughout my stay in Nashville. I came for CMA Music Fest for the week, and there was no trouble at all. I don't just come for the hotel, I do some sightseeing, and then some. I would like to acknowledge one person in particular that was helped us, and his name was Josh, the day that we came to he had just started working there, and helped us carry our bags to our rooms, and when my friend needed to get ahold of on my cell, he offered to text me telling her that she was on her way back downtown Nashville. That was so nice of him. I would stay here again when I come back to Nashville again. Everything was nice and close to walk to, and very convenient.

Room Tip: "Rooms at the back and behind the Cracker Barrel restaurant, are extremely quiet
3 Thank cdntraveller43_12
Windsor, ON, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My sister and I are just finishing a great stay here at Fiddler's in Nashville, and we really enjoyed ourselves here, the room is clean, quiet and bug free. Sure the decor is a bit dated and there is no room service or any fancy amenities, but if you're just using the room to sleep and shower, who really cares, right?

We did have an issue earlier in our stay with the wifi connection, but after speaking with front desk each time, it's working great now, in fact, I am typing this review using it!

I want to give kudos to Josh, whos first day was our check in day, he has been amazing, offering to help carry our bags to our room, and then later in the week, texting my sister who was downtown for me, so I wouldn't have to make any long distance calls to get in touch with her.

The continental breakfast was basic, toast and jam, pastries, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juice, but it did the trick.

We didn't use the pool, as we didn't know where it was, but there was so much to do, it didn't matter.

Would I return here? Of course, the price is right, location is great, and staff are top notch!

Thanks again for a great stay Fiddler's!

3 Thank TheJules2006