“Overpriced & loud!”

Ranked #122 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Rochester, New York
“Overpriced & loud!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Terribly loud with traffic, multiple kids in one room overhead, parties in parking lot, RUDE staff with absolutely no hospitality manners! Other guests were complaining at breakfast which was toast, oatmeal, and a few small muffins with see through coffee. We thought it was just us being whiny after a long trip. One staff (at breakfast) rolled her eyes at a guest when asking how to use the coffee machine. Everyone saw and gasped! Would NEVER stay here again! The pictures on their website are deceiving. They also argued, while checking in, over whether we could use the free night coupon. We stated it's in the reservation price already. They slammed our receipt to sign & key card on the counter as though it were a personal affront to their own pocketbooks. White linens, not so white. Mattress half off the bed frame. Husband had to push it back on. Shower had MOLD on ceiling from shower head spraying upward, then redripping down on our heads from FOAM tiles!! UGH!!! No microwave. WAAAAAAY overpriced!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you don't want to walk to the 3rd floor for watered down coffee & toast, hav...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I just stayed at The Fiddlers, mainly to be close to family members before they left town. I had just left a 6 hour catering job & needed someplace close to Opryland as they were staying there. I walked in, 1/2 off the lights worked. Ok, I needed sleep anyway, so crashed. I AWOKE AT 2:30 AM with banging trash collection trucks. Not 1, not 2, not even 3, YES 4. I then decided to get up to make coffee, only to discover 1/2 the lights don't work, but moreso, 1/2 the outlets did not either. Packed quick and went for a great brunch.

Last week stayed at Embassy Suites for 55 a night. Fiddlers 106. HHmmm, go figure. Next time I bring a tent to Nashville.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2013

A group of weary travellers checked in, there is no elevator so we schlepped our luggage up the stairs. We first open up the fridge to find dead bugs on the bottom, just as we are processing this information one of the other weary travellers runs in and pulls the mattress away from the wall and you can probably guess the rest of my story only these ones weren't dead! I decided to not bother checking the bathroom. It's too bad I didn't have my wits about me to take a picture.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank vinniefidd
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Must say I was dreading staying here because of the reviews I had read after booking and after emailing them my concerns and getting no response I wasn't looking forward to it .When we arrived our room was in one of the furthest away blocks we had no car so asked to be moved nearer reception the lady on reception that day moved our booking and got us a room in the nearest block to reception this room was clean the bed was comfy bedding clean hot water was in supply we never had issues with the internet The breakfast was ok for money it did get boring after 2 weeks and could have so easily been adapted for no extra costs to make it a little more interesting the breakfast lady was the reason I didn't give it 5 stars she was always so miserable and quite ignorant! All the other staff were pleasant and helpful even the foreign workers! I did dislike not being able to open the curtains in the daytime net curtains would have been a great help and save the hotel on electricity! There was no fridge which we got around by purchasing one of the polystyrene cooler boxes from the local garage and filling with ice everyday! The Bus service was great $1.70 a trip right on your doorstep. A few little touches or additional item to rent eg fridge microwave would have made it a little gem! There is no laundry facilities. Pool is a bit away from main building right next to the Sports bar we did use it and it was OK ! Not sure what the other blocks are like as we stayed in the 1st block nearest to reception we asked or late checkout and was given a time of 12 instead of 11 am would have liked it a little later as we are from the UK our flight wasn't until 5:45pm so had to sit outside on the bench for a while but they did keep our cases for us whilst we went to get something to eat and our taxi arrived! Will have no problems in going back and staying here again next year once next years prices are available.

Room Tip: We stayed in the first block so cannot comment on the rest of the blocks as there is a few !
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane B
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We are currently here for the CMA Music Festival. For the cost, this place is awesome. It is an older property but exceptionally clean and the location couldn't be better. There is a shuttle to all of the downtown events just across the parking lot. The staff (especially Racheal and Jermaine) are excellent representatives for both the hotel and the city. There is also a Dukes of Hazzard festival going on...with original stars from the television show just across the parking lot at Cooters. I could definitely have spent more money but why??? Everything I could possibly need is here at the Fiddler's Inn. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Harryfromhouston
Hermitage, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked this hotel for my in-laws over Memorial Day weekend. We were very surprised and pleased. It is an older property, but the room was clean, everything worked, and the staff seemed to go out of their way. It was convenient to things we wanted to do and my in-laws will definitely stay there again. A nice place if you don't want anything fancy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed at the Fiddler's Inn in Nashville to go to the Grand Old Opry. It was in a great location for our visit to Nashville. The place is in need of a major renovation. Beds were terrible. Looked like same mattresses from when it was first built. Sheets were so thin you could almost see through them. The bathroom was the cleanest Part of the room. I will not stay there again If this place does not clean up their premises.

• Stayed May 2013