“Unfriendly and really noisy”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #122 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Unfriendly and really noisy”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We rented two rooms at the Fiddlers Inn this past weekend. Luckily only had to endure this place for one night. The staff was VERY unfriendly. The rooms were very outdated and ugly. Our room was close to a major road, and it was like sleeping next to a drag strip all night. Would just get to sleep and a loud motorcycle or car would go speeding by and wake you up. I think we only got about three hours of sleep all night. We had to get up early to catch a plane, which I was thankful for - I couldn't wait to leave!!! Would not recommend this place - ever!!!!!

Room Tip: I would never choose this place again.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz H
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I am truly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We truly strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. Please know that we take all guests comments seriously and that we are working to resolve the issues that you described. Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay and know that you have been heard!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had a meeting to attend at the Opryland Resort but was too late to book my room. I asked my assistant to find something very close to the Opryland and try to keep the costs under control. She found the Fiddler's Inn.

The hotel has seen better days, I would guess it to be a late 70s place. The lobby is not very inviting. I personally don't like hotels with the bank teller bullet proof check in system. And, from what I could tell, this is not a bad neighborhood - instead I think it reflects on the hotel's views on their guests as human ATM machines.

The room itself was not bad. The bed was comfortable, the TV and Internet worked. The shower and bathroom were old but clean.

The staff varied from friendly to mostly disinterested. The folks in the lobby seemed to be more likely to engage with friends or coworkers than guests.

The breakfast consisted of grocery store packaged donuts and rolls. There was no juice just coffee.

All told I would stay there again because of the price and convenience to other places.

BTW - there are several restaurants and bars within a block. A couple have live music and are open late.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room near the office. It looks like the ones in the remote buildings may not be as we...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Frank H
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.
Dyer, Indiana
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I made reservations through their web site, a king room on the first floor. I didn't even stay. I got there at noon and was told very rudely I couldn't check in until 3 PM. That was fine but not being rude isn't fine. I wanted to make sure at that time to get the king room on the first floor with a microwave and fridge but the lady wouldn't talk to me. I went back at exactly 3 PM, others were being checked in at that time. When it was my turn the lady said she only had twin queens available, not first floor, no microwave, no fridge. She said I had to order the microwave and fridge, they were already taken. My wife finally chimed in and said we ordered the king on the first floor, so what happened to that. That is when the lady said I did that through a 3rd party so it wasn't guaranteed. I made the reservation through their web site. I was so upset I said I wasn't going to stay, the lady said you are already checked in, I said check me out. She then said you are already checked in and I said I am checking out, my wife and I left. Now I am a seasoned traveler, the people at the desk are always nice and try to get what you want but she was just out right rude. I got a room a few hotels away, much nicer I may say the the staff is very nice too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph C
I am very sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. While we strive to honor all reservation requests it is sometimes impossible. When we receive reservations through a third party vendor we do not have information available to contact you if these requests cannot be met. We have limited rooms available with microwaves and refrigerators and they are not in the inventory for third party vendors. That being said, there is absolutely no excuse for my staff being rude or uncaring. Please know that your comments have been heard and I have addressed the issues you have described with the front desk staff. Again please accept my sincere apology for failing to meet your needs.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The bathtub and shower wall was covered in hair. Called front desk and was treated terrible. 3 hours later and two trips to the office a cleaning lady shows up. She showed up and had to leave and come back because she didn't have enough stuff to clean it up. Nancy the manager is rude and the black girl at front desk as a terrible attitude. The room also smelted like cat piss. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jeep_Scrambler
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to make each guests stay a pleasurable one. I do not know who you spoke with but it was not me. I take all guests complaints seriously and strive to resolve them in a way fair and professional manner. We certainly should have offered to move you to a room that better met your needs. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that you experienced and know that your comments have been heard.
Redding, CA
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Should have known it wouldn't be good, when it was the only room available in Nashville. Check in staff obviously didn't want to be there either, grumpy and had a hard time just saying "good afternoon"

Opened the door to the room and the bed reminded me of an old swayback plow horse, tall on the ends and low in the middle.

Wife's first comment was "looks like the room above leaks", as evident looking at the ceiling.

Went out, saw a show, came back exhausted from traveling and the night life, tried to sleep and tossed and turned all night.

Got out of bed the next morning and shoulders and hips felt like I spent a night out on the trail.

Final straw, looked behind the night stand where I plugged in my cell phone charger last night, and was disgusted by the condom left behind from previous guest.

Had we seen it last night, we probably would have camped in the car and had a better nights rest.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JoeRedding_CA
Plant City, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at Fiddler's Inn from 3am to 930am last Saturday. After being charged twice I called and talked to the general manager who, right from the start, was defensive and rude. She assured me that she checked the room herself and found "stuff" in there the next day, therefore I did not check out on time. I assured her this was impossible, because I was dropped off after my brother's wedding with nothing but the clothes on my back (and a sure promise of a hangover) at 3 in the morning. I was picked up at nine fully clothed. When I asked what she found in the room all she could tell me was "stuff." No list or any idea of what this "stuff" was. Either she was lying to me or she checked the wrong room. She was not willing to work with me so I had to file a dispute with my credit union. Beware!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonathan B
I am sorry but I never spoke with you. I did make an adjustment to your account for one nights lodging after receiving two printouts from the front desk staff . The housekeeping report does show that the room was occupied but as a good faith gesture, as I do not check rooms I made a full adjustment for one nights lodging. I am truly sorry for an inconvenience that this has caused. May I suggest that you always checkout with the front desk and get an itemized receipt for all charges. Again please accept my apology for inconvenience that you encountered.
Knoxville
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is awful, it is run down and two of our friends got bed bugs. The bathroom was dirty, the bed was hard and the sheets would not fit the bed. I will never stay there again. Yuck! The metal stairs are rusting and they had a block of wood holding one side up....seriously?? The people at the front desk was semi friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank happy2day2
Please know that your comments have been heard. We strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and I will work to resolve the issues that you mentioned.