Fiddler's Inn North
US$301
US$247
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Music City Hotel(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$364
Sheraton.com
All reviewsnashville palacebob evanswalking distancewould stay here againrooms are cleanopry mills mallhousekeeping staffconvention centerdowntownbarrellcrackertennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2014

For various reasons, taking my mother-in-law to see the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville was going to be a fairly expensive trip, so our lodging couldn’t be a splurge. Looking at places which were close to the Opry I ran across Fiddler’s Inn. I was thrilled to see they offered an internet special of only $67 a night and it looked to be a cool place. Then when I came on Trip Advisor to check them out, as so many others say here, I was concerned by some of the negative reviews. I’m so glad I ended up taking the chance on Fiddler’s Inn.

Right from check-in, everyone was courteous and helpful. Without me even having thought to ask when I made the reservations, they had put us on the first floor, I think because I had 2 seniors in my group (although they do have an elevator). The rooms were indeed a little worn around the edges (only a very little) but we saw that as part of the charm, not as reason for complaint. The rooms were clean and had all the amenities from cable tv to an ironing board and iron. The continental breakfast was varied and a woman staffed the room it was served in so nothing ran low at any time during the times breakfast was offered. In the morning, there’s coffee in the lobby and the breakfast room, as well as a small coffee maker in each room.

The only complaint I could possibly tender is that we got some mixed signals about the shuttle they run and if you’re going to use it, make sure you know all the details about when it runs and what the pickup point is if you’re taking it after the Opry is over. But if you don’t need the ride, you can actually see Opryland from the inn, which puts it within easy walking distance.

Also, when not caught up in the huge complex that is Opryland, do not miss the funky and fascinating things to be found in the little strip mall on the backside of Fiddler’s. It was one of my husband’s and my greatest joys to discover the Ernest Tubbs Record Shop and the theater featuring the Midnight Jamboree, where you can also attend Nashville Cowboy Church on Sunday morning for a true taste of old-school Nashville. It’s run by the reverend Harry Yates and his wife, Joanne Cash Yates. And yes, she’s Johnny’s sister.

1  Thank MardiMilwaukee
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We are an older property but strive to offer clean rooms at affordable rates. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed Memorial Day weekend and we were very pleased with the clean and comfortable room. The shuttle to downtown is $10 round trip per person. You can't beat the location. We stayed around the airport area many times and were very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights to experience the Spirit of nashville. The location is perfect - 2minutes drive from the Grand Ole Opry and a very easy 10-15 minute drive straight down to the centre of town. Easily accessible from the interstate and lots of parking. The staff were friendly enough. The rooms were fine - a bit worn around the edges maybe but clean and comfortable. The only difference I could see between standard and deluxe rooms was a microwave and a fridge - all else the same, which in my opinion was not worth the extra.
My only real criticism was the breakfast which was very poor. Little choice and no quality.
However if I was to visit again I would definitely stay here - and would recommend it to anyone wanting to be just in the right location for Opryland and downtown alike. Top tip - if you drive to downtown, park in the hard Rock cafe = all day valet parking for $7 as opposed to $25 in the public car park.

Room Tip: dont bother with a deluxe room - not worth the extra just for a fridge and a microwave
3  Thank Emma M

Thank you for your comments. The deluxe rooms are all ground floor, have pillow top mattresses microwaves and refrigerators and now all have flat panel tv's. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was a bit worried about this place after reading some of the reviews, however, so glad we stayed here! The rooms are clean and comfortable, coffee machines in the rooms and WiFi. Beds are comfy and clean, nice sheets.
The breakfast is minimal, but adequate, and the extremely kind lady who oversees the breakfast room was amazing. The staff on reception go the extra mile to make you welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them, always a smile and a kind word. We have travelled across America, and would be hard pressed to find such a welcoming hotel, well worth the money. I would strongly recommend this hotel. I shall be sorry to leave tomorrow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackieMTodmorden
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My first time in america. I had to crash to some decent place I thought this place would be decent but not at all.First the value is not worth it, The room smells old and the whole place is out dated. The breakfast oh no, I never thought It was breakfast its like a tea party. Some breads and thats it. I would rather stay in other nearby inn un music valley drive than this one. I think this place over charged us cos others pay less in what I've read in the review here. We'll never again..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are an older property but we strive to offer clean rooms at affordable prices. Our breakfast is continental which is normally pastry and coffee. We have added oatmeal, toast, juices, peanut butter and fruit in an effort to enhance the breakfast for our guests. Please know that your comments have been heard.