“Good Value”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #123 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Good Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2006

My husband, two year old and myself stayed at the Fiddler's Inn only one night while passing through Nashville. We found it to be an older motel, but very clean. We had a deluxe room which was very large and gave our toddler room to run about.
We would stay here again because of the value and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2006

Stayed at this motel in April for a Nephrololgy Nurse convention and I thought everyone was very nice and helpful. The rooms are not fancy but clean and it is conveniently located. You can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2006

I thought the Fiddler Inn was much more impressive then the Gaylord Hotel! It was very clean. Had friendly and pleasant staff. Not to mention it is close to the Opry! Easy access to Charlie Louvin Museum and Josh Snyder's Dog Haus!!!! Great Place to eat and socialize.

• Stayed March 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2005

... and I include price in calculating my score.
This is a clean, quiet, comfortable alternative to the Gaylord Opryland across the street. The walk to the convention center is about 10-15 minutes (~500 yards) and in decent weather is a pleasant walk. The room was clean and comfortable, good water flow in the shower, free cheap coffee and crap donuts, and FREE wireless internet (which I'm using right now). If you consider that many hotels charge an additional $10 for www access, and that the equivalent breakfast at the Gaylord will run you $2.50 per coffee and $3 for (better) pastry, you could argue that the room rate is actually $15 less than you thought. The staff are friendly and cooperative - fun to talk with. I don't care what the other reviewers said - I liked it here. If you want to pay 3 times as much to go to the Gaylord, be my guest. I'll come back here.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scotland, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2005

We were disappointed by the Inn

The room was OK. Beds were changed daily and we got new towels, but the walls had a number of marks on which looked like bugs had been squashed on them.

After two nights we had added to them. Not really the place's fault but we had several roaches in the room with the doors opening onto the road and after finding one in my son's bed we booked out pronto and moved elsewhere.

Breakfast poor - average coffee and a muffin - that's it. Oh, and the pool is a longish walk from the main building.

We found the website very misleading and the place not as we expected.
The shop did offer cheap souvenirs, but that's about it

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank derbysteve
Louisville Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2005

My family came to Nashville for Fan Fair and stayed at the Fiddlers Inn. The location was very near the shuttle stop for the downtown area. The room was just a place to sleep and that's it. Some guests liked to sit in their room with the door open ( I dont know why ) but I found it to be incomfortable passing this room in order to get to mine. The room was nothing special. The website shows a sleeper sofa in the king bed room but mine had a table instead that barely fit in the room. The carpet was a little damp, other than that it was a clean room.

3 Thank merrylucy
Chagrin Falls, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2005

A friend & me stayed at The Fiddler's Inn March 18th & 19th while visiting Nashville for a Keith Urban concert. I must say that the photos on the website are a little misleading. The place is ok, but the photos make it look very new, nice, neat & clean. The outside is a little worn, but the rooms look like they have been remodeled within the past few years. The clerks are not very well versed on info regarding the rooms. I had called earlier in the week to check if there were hairdryers in each room, and was told that, no, there were no hairdryers, but one could be picked up at the front desk. Well, low and behold, there was one mounted on the wall in the bathroom. The street noise was not bad, but the people traffic in the morning (around 7am) past our 2nd floor room was rather rowdy.
I would stay there again if I was planning on spending time at Opryland. We did spend most of our time in Downtown Nashville, so I would definitely stay closer next time.

• Stayed March 2005