“Will stay here again”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #125 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 27 May 2007

This was my second trip to Nashville in my lifetime. First visit was a month ago and perhaps i'm addicted to the city now. Anyways, I was on a budget because we were also traveling to the Smoky Mountains. The Fiddler's Inn has there own website. I had did a search online for Music Valley Area I think. There website had a coupon for a discounted rate. This is an older motel and if you are the type of person who can afford Gaylord, a timeshare, the Hilton, etc, of course this won't be the place for you. My room was always clean and bed was comfortable. Shower actually was very nice- tub is very old and probably from 70s. AC was working properly along with heater. The hotel has 2 sections and there is certainly a pool and it was behind the building I was staying in along with a bar/restaurant. (It was kinda cool and a little too windy to go swimming). I didn't know the hotel even had a breakfast as one poster mentioned- I always like to try to dine at some of the local restaurants for breakfast (like the Loveless Cafe). The hotel was very convenient to Nashville Palace (wish we would have had time to go here) and it was very convenient to Cracker Barrel and another restaurant (served seafood and ribs). McDonalds was only a short bit up the road- however this had to be the worst McDonald's i've ever been in- extremely slow service and was filthy. Lot's of restaurants nearby which is nice. I loved the location of the Fiddler's Inn. I think it is unrealistic to get around Nashville with a taxi or walking and one should either drive their own vehicle or rent a vehicle. I thought the Fiddler's Inn seemed to be located in a "good part" of the city- as I did get lost alot driving in Nashville and there is definitely a ghetto in Nashville (I guess every major city has one). I personally don't think i'd like to stay in downtown. Saw quite a few panhandler's/homeless downtown and downtown can be pretty expensive when it comes to a hotel. Downtown wasn't too far away from the Fiddler's Inn however. Be prepared to pay to park when you are downtown. I started parking at the parking garage at the Hilton Hotel- I felt like it was safest and a good location.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank photo_snapper
There are newer reviews for Fiddler's Inn North

Reviewed 6 April 2007

Do not go by all you read on the web,
This hotel is a great location for the grand old opry,jackson riverboat and the trubador theatre....but you need a car to get around...about 11 miles outside downtown Nashville.
There is No highspeed internet access even if the sign says there is.There is no bar/lounge...and we never did see the pool. As for continental breakfast it was a joke.
The Staff except for one are very unpleasent and not willing to give you any breaks due to delays and problems.
This will not be a repeat for us and there are lots of better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiberious555
Reviewed 4 April 2007

This is the dirtiest motel i have ever stayed at. We checked in at 10:50 pm and payed 80$ too much for this DUMP. before going to the room we ran down the street to grab mcdonalds. we were back in 20 minutes. We went to the room and didnt even put our luggage down before noticing the wallpaper hanging and peeling from the walls. Behind it you could see water damage and black mold all the way along the perimeter of the floor. There was some sort of yellow brown dried fluid all over the tissue dispenser on the wall. There were 3 holes in the walls in different areas, the blankets has cigarette burns in them. My husband went down to the office to let them know we did not want to stay and wanted a refund. The lady at the desk proceeded to tell him that we had been there nearly an hour and that there was nothing she could do about refunding our 80$ cash. she was totally unconcerned about this like she had already heard this a hundred times before. I would not let my dog stay here!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Vegasbaby88
Reviewed 10 October 2006

We were going to Nashville to attend a college football game at LP Field. Everything near the field was too pricey, so we settled for what appeared to be an economical, comfortable hotel further away from the stadium. We were only going to spend one night in Nashville, so we really only needed a place to sleep, we weren't expecting anything special. When we arrived to check-in, the staff was very courteous and friendly, so I had a good feeling about the place. We rushed to our room and dropped our bags off and headed to the stadium, we didn't even take any time to look around the room. When we returned at about midnight, I found a huge hole in the bathroom door. My husband turned on the television and it didn't work. I did call the front desk about the television and they offered to move us to another room, but it was already midnight, and we really didn't feel like moving and we figured we could live without the television. I decided to set the coffee pot up for the morning and found what appeared to be chili or some sort of red sauce smeared on the wall, the coffeepot, and on the carpet. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to turn on the heater and there was a strong burning smell that set of the smoke alarm. I was actually glad to see that the smoke alarm worked, but it was a rude awakening for my husband and we were uncomfortably cold the rest of the night. Finally, I went to turn in a comment card at the front desk before we left and there was another gentleman complaining about the heater in their room setting of their smoke detector and I chimed in and said the same thing happened to me. The woman at the front desk told us, matter of factly, that if we would have called the front desk, they would have instructed us to run our heaters for 15 to 20 minutes with our hotel room doors standing open in order to let the dirt burn off the unit. That was the kicker, and I told her I found that completely unacceptable and I would be reviewing the hotel online. She didn't seem concerned. The Fiddler's Inn in Nashville, TN was not worth the seemingly economical $76 we spent and frankly, they couldn't pay me to spend another night there ever.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank louslugger
Reviewed 28 August 2006

Friendly and helpful staff. The hotel itself is a little oldish and could do with a good modernisation and clean up. Convenient for Grand Old Oprey and one or two surrounding attractions. However quite a way from the night life down town and cost $22 each way for taxi. We are going to Nashville again in 2007 but I dont think this hotel will be on our list of places to stay.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ragdalian
Reviewed 7 August 2006

The Hotel was nice for my visit to Music City. It's close to the Opry and away from Downtown just enough. It's an older hotel with the door to the parking lot type, but the staff was very friendly and the rooms were cleaned well daily. I will stay here again when I come back to Nashville.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank thedigster88
A TripAdvisor Member
Woodway, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2006

My husband, two year old and myself stayed at the Fiddler's Inn only one night while passing through Nashville. We found it to be an older motel, but very clean. We had a deluxe room which was very large and gave our toddler room to run about.
We would stay here again because of the value and cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2005