“If you come to CMA Fest, don't get ripped off here.”

Days Inn Nashville- Airport
Ranked #132 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Edgewood, Maryland
“If you come to CMA Fest, don't get ripped off here.”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I and another member of our party both contacted the Days Inn corporate office AND the manager, Sanjay, prior to our June 9 - 12 trip to Nashville because we'd read the poor reviews. Since the place is very convenient to the airport and to downtown, we were hoping there might have been improvements in the condition of the property. The manager assured us that the negative comments/reviews on Trip Advisor were not, nor had they ever been, true. He GUARANTEED us both that we and our friends would be "110% satisfied" with our accommodations. Needless to say, WE WERE NOT.

Admittedly, the room was clean, but that's where the good news ends. Because of flight delays that affected our leaving Maryland, we arrived in Nashville VERY late (actually very early morning of Friday, June 10). However, we still wanted to get an early start that morning to attend the CMA Festival (the whole reason we went to Nashville). The day started with the bathtub not draining and my standing in about 4 inches of water while taking my shower. The tub was very worn and slippery, and after the water wouldn't drain, I realized it was probably because it was never cleaned properly. After all, cleaning the tub would have made it evident that water would not drain from it, so the slippery surface was probably the soap scum left from the previous 'guest' in that room.

After that gross start to the day, we went to the office/lounge area to grab something quick before heading into the city. I reported to the guy at the front desk, Chris, that the tub needed immediate attention, and he said they'd pour some Drano into it. Then, we inquired about the 24-hour Shuttle Service available from the hotel into the city. We asked how much, and he said $20 ($5 for each of us). We said OK because we were anxious to get going, and he said it would be 'a few minutes.' A good 40 minutes later, we were still waiting. Another of my friends went back up about 20 minutes into the wait and asked him when we'd be leaving. Chris said the 'driver' was 'on the way.'

After 45 minutes had passed, he said 'we can go now,' and HE had the keys! We were shocked that he was apparently the 'driver' all along and had delayed us nearly an hour waiting for a ride when we probably could have gotten a cab in half the time. As we were heading out to the shuttle van (which it turned out was parked just out back), we passed two young ladies who were staying there and who also needed a ride. They'd called a cab about 25 minutes earlier, and it hadn't arrived yet. Chris told them the shuttle was headed to the city and told them it would cost $15 for the two of them (so $7.50 each for them instead of the $5 he was charging us). They went inside and paid the money, and as they came back out, their cab pulled up. It was going to be less expensive, so they went back inside to get their money back, but the hotel refused to give it to them. They had to send their cab away, and we all rode into the city with Chris. Obviously, we did not use the shuttle service again since Chris obviously set whatever price he felt like setting, and the dependability of the timing of a ride was ridiculous. All he cared about was taking advantage of as many hotel guests as possible.

After a long day at the CMA Fest, we arrived back at the hotel - in a cab - around 2:30 a.m. The friend who was sharing my room decided to take a shower then to save us time when we were getting ready to go out again around 9 a.m. The tub filled up with water yet again -- NOTHING had been done to fix the draining problem. I called the desk, and of course no one could do anything until the sometime later that day (but we were checking out that morning - Thank God !!! - so we didn't push the issue. When I took my shower around 7:00, there was still leftover water from my friend's shower, and by the time I was finished, the tub was nearly filled up. That's the way we left it when we checked out. I left a note in the room indicating the problem and thanking them for NOTHING when it came to customer service.

Please be assured that all of us will be making our own follow-up posts on Trip Advisor, and they will NOT be complimentary. Lesson learned - NEVER believe the word of hotel managers over the reviews of guests who've clearly experienced the managers' ignorance, poor service, and opportunism first-hand.

Room Tip: A tip to get the BEST room - use a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Denver, CO
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Dirty, dated and noisy guests. Non-smoking room had a connecting door to a smoking unit (can you say "poorly thought out?". Room smelled of smoke combined with dog. Not a good deal for $71.

• Stayed April 2011
LASCASSAS
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were looking for a room with a Jacuzzi and was tired of looking when I happened to see the Days Inn. I got the number and called. The gentleman was so nice gave me a special rate and said he would hold the room. I was greeted with a smile. Our room was wonderful, extremely clean and comfy. The Bed Amazing, The jacuzzi was wonderful. We liked it so much we decided to order in from a place that was advertised in the Room Sicilians I think. Wonderful Food we had a nice dinner and a wonderful evening. Because of the location I was worried about noise and issues but it was quite as could be. We slept amazing. Breakfast was a bit on the simple side with not many choices but as long as they have the waffle maker I am always happy. Over all it was a great weekend and now we know for sure when we are looking for a nice night away from the kids this is it for us. Affordable and clean. We loved it

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I have stayed in a number of hotels. However, I have never described them as sleazy until now. The room was in desperate need of maintenance. However, viewing the previous repairs made to the room, I had no interest in calling them. There are locations closer to the airport and any potential cost savings do not outweigh the peace of mind lost while staying there.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
CA
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I always read reviews and look at ratings before I travel, go figure the one time I don't and it slaps me in the face. We arrived at our room, opened the door and I am not exaggerating, it looked as if an explosion of some sort had went off in the room, walls were covered in brown substance, waste basket (no bag) was nasty, the bath was horrible, the carpet didnt have a clean spot that I could see, we left and went to the front desk, they moved us, it didnt get any better in this room, we went back again, again they moved us...this time to a suite, the key wouldnt work, finally eneough was enough we were leaving, although afraid with the Garth Brooks concert we would be unable to find a place to stay, so they gave us another suite, they must have been holding this one for the Days Inn Inspector, it wasnt bad..one last thing, I have no proof...on the drive home I went to take my RA medicine, it was gone except for one tablet, I had just had it filled before leaving home. If you look at the name quickly it does look like Hydro...they will get a surprise wont they?

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2010

When I stayed there, there was a group that came in and at 2:00 AM, were drunk and shot off a gun. When I complained, they didn’t care. BEDBUG infested rooms. When I complained, they gave me another room, but let someone else check into that same room the next day without even exterminating it. I had over 100 bites on my body and still have the scares. There are prostitutes and drug dealings going on. The truckers make it their route and park in the lot, the trucks generator is on all night long. Party scenes always going on and they never do anything for the safety of the customers. Forget it if you want a good night’s rest. I was told they charge $15.00 to go downtown but on the internet it states the shuttle is free. The list goes on and on. Bottom line, make a fast buck!! There are better and cheaper places down the street like the Crossland which is an Extended Stay!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Winter20007
Ohio
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Let me just say the hotel staff had No sense of humor and were not friendly when we checked in, we were traveling with two other couples (6 adults total) we asked for two rooms near each other but instead were given rooms on the opposite sides of the building, we later learned that the rooms on either side of us were empty. Hmmmm.
The hotel rooms were less than clean and all the linens were dingy. The bathroom light fixture was missing and the vents were covered with dirty lint.
When we checked into this hotel we saw they offered 24 hour shuttle service to downtown, since we were traveling on motorcycles we thought this was an easier way to travel so we wouldn't have to pay for or find parking for three bikes, when we called the front desk to let them know we'd be needing the shuttle they asked us to come to the front desk when we were ready to leave, which we did. Upon arriving at the front desk they were waiting to hear from the shuttle driver to see if he wanted to take us downtown and depending on how late we wanted to return would determine if he would be picking us up, he wouldn't drive after midnight! - so much for 24 hour shuttle service, its more like whenever Sunjay wants to drive you Shuttle Service.
During our 20 minutes spent in the outdoor pool we noticed that activity on the second floor was peculiar, lots of visitors that only stayed a minute or two, hmmmm illegal activity maybe? As soon as we left the pool we noticed the pool was filled with broken pieces of styrofoam, enough to make us not want to go back into the pool again.
OK, Here's where it gets nasty! The following morning we packed up the bikes and left for breakfast at the Waffle House around the corner, we were coming back to the rooms after breakfast to do a final check of the rooms and to check out of the hotel. When we get back to the room 45 minutes later the room had been "cleaned" and anything we may have left behind was cleared out! At that time we didn't realize that we left a valuable piece of clothing in the room, we checked out and left. Upon arriving in another town that night we discovered the missing item, I called this hotel and spoke to "Barry" who knows nothing of missing/lost/stolen items and insisted I call back the next day to speak to Mr. Patel. So far, five days later Mr. Patel has not been available to speak to me, how convenient for him.
Please, if you're in the area call the Holiday Inn Express across the street, I dont know its condition but it can't be any worse than this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends