“We're easy to please but this place was disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Nashville- Airport

Days Inn Nashville- Airport
Ranked #130 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
PUEBLO
“We're easy to please but this place was disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

It appears a family of 3-4 generations is trying to run the place. We never saw a smile the entire time we were there. The woman at the front desk was the rudest we met on our entire 3 week trip staying in numerous "budget" facilities. All we are looking for is clean. Aging furnishings isn't really a problem for us except that these were damaged and non-functional.

The first room we were assigned to hadn't been cleaned. Miss Pleasant at the front desk seemed very put out that we would request another room. We were assigned one 2 doors down and saw an elderly couple go to the original room to fix it up. They were in there a short time, I never heard a vacuum and I didn't see dirty linens removed. I hoped this was simply something I missed, but after a couple days there, I wouldn't be shocked that they simply made up the dirty beds for the next victi...oops, I mean customer.

We returned to the room late that night and upon showering found out the tub didn't drain. By the next morning, there was still standing water. I notified Miss Pleasant in person the next morning but she wrote nothing down and I had a bad feeling nothing would be done. My wife phoned down and talked to a man just to make sure this would be handled. Upon returning to the room late that night, guess what...suspicion confirmed, nothing was done.

The next morning I complained to Miss Pleasant and another man who said he took the phone call. She simply turned away without speaking and he said that yes, someone was dispatched to pour Drano in. Drano? That gave me a great feeling knowing that we were showering in 8 inches of a toxic chemical. Thank goodness my wife didn't choose to take a bath!

I was not going to pay for the second night but we didn't come to a resolution. Not wanting to ruin our vacation, I left hoping to be able to handle this differently after getting home. We'll see. I wish we could give a ZERO rating because that is the best this place deserves.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Housekeeping did not provide coffee, cups, or condiments. Room was not clean and smelled. Building was in disrepair.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Arrived @ 11:30pm. Would not honor our reservation. Ran out of rooms. Desk clerk very rude. They finally found a room for us at another Days Inn across town, but I found out later that they charged us more than the lowest on-line price. That just added insult to injury. No rooms, and then gouge us for an extra $15 to 'help' us find another room.

Yikes! Stay away!

Room Tip: Find another location. Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for the CMA fest as it was the only hotel that was available. The location is great and it is close to everything that you need for the CMA fest. That is about the only positive thing I can say about the hotel. The female clerk/owner is extremely rude and not at all helpful. When we checked in to our first room, the toilet was clogged. It took us three phone calls to the front desk and over an hour for someone to finally come to the room. On the third call we said we had been waiting over an hour and her response was "I doubt you have been waiting that long." Excellent customer service there. Finally they couldn't find a solution to the problem so they moved us into another room, which luckily was a tad better than the last. The Sheets are all stained, not all the lights work and the bathroom was meh. We also had to call for extra TP and towels and when you call to request these you are told to go get them from the front desk, they dont even send someone to do it. Oh and then the lovely woman is so nice she gives you ONE toilet paper roll and ONE towel. GEE thanks. Very helpful.
At check out I asked for a receipt and Mrs. Sunshine at the desk told me their printer wasn't working and I should have had a receipt from check-in anyways. Well thank you Mrs. Obvious but I'm asking for a new receipt. Someone remove this woman from being at the front line with customers because she is AWFUL.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends