“Disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #131 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Irymple Australia
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

I don't think that I have stayed in a hotel as disusting run down and dirty as this one, there were Blood stains? on the carpet, the towels were worn with holes in them, the toilet was not even bolted down, we had trouble with the room keys and when asking to get them fixed had attitude from the front of office..... So much for the free Breakfast, we thought it might be safer to eat else where, so IHOP was choosen, at least it was clean there!!!! The cost was astronomical we looking at how the rooms were. This was our last night stay in the United States before heading home to Australia, so we were glad that we only had the one night here.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2009

We checked in and went up a steep hill in the vehicle to get to the room. After unloading the car we tried getting in the room only to find out our key did not work. 3 different people tried it. I walked down to the front desk which was a building away and uphill all the way back. He told me that the room he gave me was not in service so he gave me the room next to it. I walk up the hill and try the key. No go!!! Multiple people try the key and we cannot gain entry into the room. I go back to the desk and he tells me a lady is coming up and she will get me in my room. She comes up and she uses her master key card and she cannot get in. She tells us to come down a few more rooms and she will get us in a room. She opens the door and lets us in and then she proceeds to tell me to be sure and push down on the door handle. I explained I knew how to use a door handle and that she best go. She left and we looked around and saw the worst carpet ever in any hotel room I have ever been in. We loaded up and went down and got a reversal on the credit card and went down the road to the Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

Neighborhood is terrible! I was kept up all night long by people screaming out in the parking lot, and several people were threatening to call the police. The staff are all extremely rude, especially the morning manager and the staff who set out the breakfast. They had absolutely no concern if they offended me and offered no apologies for any problemes. I will NEVER stay at a Days Inn again.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — location, staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
MINNESOTA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2008

Even though they were almost empty they put us the building on top of the hill (where apparently they have callgirls and drug dealers booking rooms for long periods of time) The room was filthy and the lamps were broken with exposed wires, the a/c leaked water and the floor lamp by it had electrical tape on it laying in the water. The door had a space at the bottom big enough for the largest of rats to crawl into. The walls had what looked like blood splattered all over them. The carpet was disgusting and both rooms had the same loveseat in them and they both were torn and missing material. The bathtub was black on the bottom. The "white" towel were far from white. The owner was less then polite when asked to put us in a different room. The next room even though normally I would have considered less then exceptable was a palace in the bldg down. I have stayed in many hotels and for $60.00 we have actually had very nice Days Inn rooms but this one wasn't worth $30.00 a night! The breakfast consisted of your choice of cereal or a bagel with jelly. (no cream cheese) They do not allow you to bring the breakfast or coffee back to your room which is a first for me...
I would Never stay there again!!!!!! I am sorry to say I didn't take pictures as I should have. The only nice thing about this hotel was the man who picked us up in the shuttle to go to the hotel. He was very polite and helpful. Unfortunately that was the last we saw of him or that behavior.

• Liked — The shuttle driver
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

Quite often I feel that I get my money's worth at Days Inn hotels. Unfortunately, it is the occasional place like this that makes me uncomfortable booking with them in the future. The hotels they allow their name to be put on simply vary too much in quality for my comfort. This hotel is in an area of Nashville that appears to be extremely run down and crime ridden. However, I won't fault the management of the hotel for this. Be aware though that there appeared to be little in the way of restaurants or activities anywhere nearby. Check in went smoothly. However, the hotel has exterior rooms and our room was located through a breezeway containing two rusted shopping carts and a discarded couch just sitting there. The entire area was dark, secluded, dingy, and just overall dirty. The room had two huge stains on the floor, two of three lamps were broken, the towel rack was completely ripped out of the wall, and there was a giant hole in our closet. All this for a room that cost nearly $80. I realize this is not Hilton money but that isn't cheap either. Despite all this my wife and I decided to tough it out since were staying only one night. This was until the giant roach crawled out of the tub drain. Well that was it, I contacted Days Inn corporate who called the manager and we were given a full refund. Upon handing in our keys at the front desk, the manager inquired as to why it had taken an hour for us to want to leave. I informed him that despite all the problems, we were going to stay until we saw the bug, hence the hour time that had elapsed. His response to me was, "How do I know you and your wife didn't just get the room for an hour so you could do your business?" Quite a charmer isn't he? Do yourself a favor and do not stay here. There are far more places that probably charge even less that you could stay at.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank cwb631
evansville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

Seemed pleasant and well located for the park and fly feature. Upon arrival I realized that I might not have a car to come back to.
I canceled my room and told them to charge the single night fair. To my surprise they charged me for two rooms, refused to talk to me about transaction. I am pursuing futher actions with Days Inn corporate.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2008

Stayed at this place for three nights..this place is a dump.The front desk and the manager treat you like crap.They charge a $30 shuttle fee to take you to town and pick you up.Twice I was not picked up and ended up paying for a cab.Once they said I hadn't paid which I did..the second time they said they couldn't find me.They are definitely not customer friendly.I ended up checking out two days early and found a hotel which I was glad to pay twice as much for.Don't walk around the neighborhood.I met several other people there during my stay that were checking out early also.The pics of this hotel must be when it was brand new.The pool was green and mucky.The daytime front desk clerk barely speaks English.By the way..I am not a complainer so this had to be awfully bad for me to write a review...

• Liked — THERE WAS REALLY NOTHING
  • Disliked — JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING,THE TOILET FLUSHED
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo