“Perfect”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Love this place. I love their decor!! The food is great!! Room service is fast. Staff very friendly. Easy on and off the interstate. Adjacent to the airport without the noise. I stay here regularly. 5 stars easily without paying the price!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We love this review, Stacy! It's always wonderful to hear back from our guests, so we can't thank you enough for spreading the good word about us. Hope to see you back here soon!

Steve

Write a ReviewReviews (2,471)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Staying here for a conference, the hotel was very accommodating for the conference attendees. However, there are many issues with this hotel.

First, it's close to the airport--and that's great. But there is a lot of noise from flying planes and there aren't a lot of restaurants nearby. It's a commute or taxi ride to the nearby restaurants. The hotel does have a friendly van service, but location is still key.

The hotel's restaurant is /terrible/. I'll review that separately, but paired with the above comment about location--it stinks to stay here for multiple days. Don't eat in the hotel's poor restaurant.

The rooms and hotel have been renovated and that's great. But the housekeeping staff doesn't do a great job at keeping things clean. My shower was full of mold and mildew, and the housekeeping staff didn't restock soap in my room, nor refill my toliet paper, nor refill the tissue dispenser (they did at least leave a box for me to replace).

The towels were threadbare and falling part about 50% of the time.

If you need to stay here for a night, that's fine. But, definitely don't view this as a destination in Nashville.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

It's a shame you had a disappointing stay, Frank. We always want our guests to have a truly memorable and enjoyable experience, so I apologize if we missed the mark. We take pride in our quirky and unique hotel—that includes funky decor—but I'll definitely take note of your suggestions for updating. I apologize if your bathroom was not up to standards or restocked. Did you let our front desk know? We would have been happy to send someone up to clean ASAP.

It's a shame you weren't a fan of our restaurant. What made it such an underwhelming experience? If you have any more feedback for us, we're all ears. I do hope you'll give us another shot. Given the chance, we'd love to make it up to you.

Much appreciated,

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Preston through Hotwire purchase. Very nice lobby, excellant customer service, and overall great place to stay for the night. The beds were super comfortable and bathroom clean. No complaints on this place, will stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank dragnpete74

Comfy beds? Check. Friendly staff? Check. Sounds like you've got all you need! Thanks for spreading the good word about us. Reviews like this mean more to us than you know! Hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

On October 17, 2013 we experienced a change of plans when we decided to accept a voucher due to an oversold flight out of Nashville. Our voucher included an overnight stay at the Preston Hotel along with a dinner at their restaurant. We did not know what to expect but both the hotel and restaurant were excellent. First, the service at the hotel front desk was very friendly and professional. Our room was very nice and clean and upscale.

The dinining experience was outstanding. The atmosphere was rather elegant. My wife ordered linguine and meatballs. I was hungry for a loaded hamburger, salad and fries. The linguine serving was large so I had to help out and it was absolutely delicious. The salads were outstanding and my hamburger was fantastic.

Our stay and dining experiences were excellent and we would certainly stay at the Preston again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xckier
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

This review is a very pleasant surprise! Thanks for spreading the good word about us. From start to finish, it sounds like you had a very memorable stay. I appreciate you giving our staff a shout out—they work hard to make sure all our guests are taken care of.

Next time you and your wife are back in Nashville (or you're just craving our loaded hamburger), our door's always open!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

From the point of entry to the time of check out this property exceeded my expectations! The art work and the character alone are worth the stay; coupled with the amazing staff and fantastic food it is a must for anyone traveling in the area. Don't forget to check out their pink slip lounge it's too cool!
If you are attending any events down town Nashville their trusted taxi service delivers you for a flat rate of around $20 and is super reliable for pickup!!
I'll be back to the Preston over and over again!!

Room Tip: A high floor with a shot of downtown in the distance. Don't forget to ask for a lava lamp in you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan G
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Looks like the secret's out, Jan! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to provide a truly unique, slightly quirky experience for our guests, so it sound like we hit the mark! Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was disappointed when I heard that this hotel was near the airport and was prepared to have excessive noise but to my surprise, I heard NOTHING! When I checked into my room and realized how secure the hotel was with the need for a card to even make the elevator work, I was releaved as traveling alone I do not always feel safe, but I felt totally safe in this hotel. I was overwelmed when I saw the huge size of the room and the beautiful decor and wonderful bedding. There was even a card telling me that if I did not like one of the six pillows on the bed I could call and another would be brought up to me!.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 510 and was delighted with it
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Now that's what we call a happy customer, Linnya! Thanks for letting us know about your experience and for spreading the good word about us. Traveling is stressful enough — our job is to make sure you're taken care of once you arrive! I'm so glad you felt comfortable and safe. Next time you're back in Nashville, our pillows will be waiting for you!

Be well,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff here are just fabulous and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. IT is however too noisy with the planes and had my toddler up crying at the first flight as its louder then thunder over and over again. We stayed at the Holiday Inn just around the corner and heard zero noise but this place is nicer. Comfy beds and pillow menus plus a restaurant downstairs. Only other negative is it looks spotless but my 6 month old was crawling around and her socks were black with dirt(not had this at any other hotels in the last month) so the floors desperately need a shampoo

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. While it's wonderful you thought our staff was top-notch, I'm sorry you experienced a noise issue. Can you let me know which room you and your little one stayed in? This isn't a complaint we hear very often — many people are surprised by the fact that noise isn't a factor. We'd never want you or your toddler to lose sleep because of this, and I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue with your floor. Cleanliness is something we take very seriously, so I'll be sure to speak with my staff about this. Any more feedback you have for us is greatly appreciated!

Warm regards,