“Great place to stay”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #71 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great place to stay in Nashville. It is a quick trip to the mall or downtown (cab ride is reasonable) The hotel is clean and has a very comfortable beds! Love the pink bustier in the lobby and the red cowhide wall coverings in the elevator. Enjoyed the lounge and got to hear a great local band.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

We're so glad you're a fan of our quirky hotel, Carol. Thanks for spreading the word about us! Next time you are in the Music City, our door is always open.

Happy holidays,
Steve

Write a ReviewReviews (2,472)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

1. Room and bathroom was very small. Hotel overall looked cheap and old. Carpet smelled bad and was soooo dusty around the edges! We ordered a movie and the TV was so snowy was hard to see it well. Had a very uncomfortable wooden chair with thin pillow to sit in. Food prices are outrageous! And outside pizza deliveries are not allowed. The staff at the front desk is rude, the buttons on the phones are messed up, kept trying to get a wakeup call and wouldn't work, finally called the front desk, received three different wakeup calls the next morning spaced several minutes apart. Staff has the attitude they would rather be working anywhere else. Food service deliveries were made by very nice people and even though we were charged a $3 delivery charge plus 18% gratuity slapped on top of the expensive food, we tipped them, because they probably don't see any of the money tacked onto our bill. The cloth napkins stunk with every meal, smelled like very old grease. Wish we had made reservations somewhere else and next time we will.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. Before anything else, we want our guests to feel relaxed and taken care of, so I'm very surprised to read how truly underwhelming your stay with us was. If our front desk came across as unprofessional in any way, that wasn't our intention. We're very proud of our staff and work hard to make sure our guests are happy, so I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our attitude or service in general.

Would you mind emailing me the dates you stayed with us? I'd like to look into this for you personally. We take cleanliness very seriously so I want to apologize if your room was dusty or not in the state you had hoped. Did you let anyone on staff know that your TV needed fixing and that the wooden chair was uncomfortable? We would have been happy to send someone up to accommodate you.

Once again, I am very sorry for your frustrating experience. I look forward to hearing back from you and continuing this conversation.

Much appreciated,
steve.hoida@hotelpreston.com

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Just spent a terrific long weekend here. It was amazing!! I got engaged in the Pink Slip lounge, the staff was awesome. Everything about this hotel is perfect. Location, price and let's not forget the bed was sooo comfortable. We will definitely be returning in the future. Thank you to everyone for making this weekend unforgettable. Mr&Mrs. Hough!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 145anonymous
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed yourself! We always want our guests to have a wonderful and relaxing stay, and it sounds like we hit the mark. Please come back and see us soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for my cousin's wedding Sept 20th-22nd and very much enjoyed the boutique style hotel. Very Nice and clean. I like the security of having to use your room key for the elevator to move also...Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thanks for this great feedback, Sonya. I'm glad you had a fun stay during your cousin's wedding! It's wonderful you felt secure, too. We'd love to have you back here soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Not sure why this hotel is rated as well as it is. I'm being generous in rating it a two. At least the beds were comfortable, it was clean, and the parking was free. Here's a list of my complaints from a recent stay:
- You need your key in the elevator in order to put in your floor number. This is fine, but no one bothered to tell us at checkin so we were very frustrated trying to get the elevator to work until we figured it out ourselves. There no sign in the elevator, just an inconspicuous slot to stick the card into.
- Beds were sold as queens. They were double beds. We own a queen and, believe me, these aren't queens.
- Two of 5 lights over the sink were out. The others were dim. My wife could barely see to apply her makeup.
- The alarm clock did not work. I'm a mechanical engineer and I couldn't figure out how to set it. I think it was broken.
- We ordered breakfast using a doorknob tag. None was delivered. When I questioned the front desk the clerk confessed that this had been a problem for others too because "The night bellhop just got back from vacation and although he collected the tags we have no idea what happened to them." She made no offer to make it right and in fact her only comment was a rather bored sounding "Sorry about that". I called the kitchen and they were of no help. They said "Sorry, we didn't get an order." They made no offer to get breakfast to us.
- We figured at least we'd have coffee using the coffee maker in the room. No dice. There were 2 packets of decafe, none of regular. We wanted the caffene!!
- The hotel provides no comment card or any way to let them know what you think. Guess they don't want to know.
- The alarm

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnandJaneS
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

We always appreciate and encourage feedback from our guests, so I want to apologize for what sounds like very poor customer service. Above all else, we want our guests to be happy, so you can imagine how surprised and, quite frankly, embarrassed I am to read this review.

I'm sorry a staff member didn't let you know about the elevator card ahead of time and that you were surprised by the size of your beds. Did you let the concierge know that your beds weren't queens? The same goes with the lights that were out. We would have been happy to accommodate you.

With regards to the breakfast mishap, that was completely on us. There was some miscommunication among the staff, but the real red flag is that no one worked to rectify the issue. I can promise you that's not an accurate reflection of our service. Would you mind emailing me with the dates you stayed with us? I'd like to look into this personally.

Once again, I'm very sorry for your disappointing stay. Given the chance, I'm confident we can make this up to you.

Much appreciated,
steve.hoida@hotelpreston.com

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My hubby and I spent a long weekend in Nashville. The Hotel Preston allowed us to be minutes from downtown, the airport and all the local college campuses. We spent our days exploring the city and each night we enjoyed the live entertainment inside the hotel bar. The restaurant decor was my favorite and the food was always tasty and affordable. The decor, friendly staff and local feel of the place made this a wise and affordable choice for our visit to Nashville.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher levels and avoid being near an elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad you had such an enjoyable stay! I appreciate you giving our unique decor a shout out, too. Next time you and your hubby are in Nashville, our door is always open

Cheers,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Staff at a place of business really makes or destroys a company. I travel all over the country and Krystle at this hotel front desk was the best front desk agent I have ever come across. Make sure you treat her right there you do NOT want to lose her!

Room Tip: Ask for a Beta Fish!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for this glowing customer service endorsement! We take great pride in our staff and can't thank you enough for spreading the word. If you have any feedback for us regarding how we can improve your experience for next time, we're all ears!

Take care,