“Clean Room”

Ranked #68 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Clean Room”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I got a great deal on Priceline, name your own price. It was close to many areas of town, easy to get on 40 or Briley Pkwy. You have to use the room key for the elevator to go up.
I thought the room was clean but there was nothing special about it. There is a large selection of pillow types. The sheets were soft and the bed covering was modern.
I didn't eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thanks for this helpful feedback. We're so glad you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay! While it's wonderful you were impressed with the cleanliness of your room, we'd love to know what you think we could add to it to make it special. We're all ears! I hope you'll stay with us again soon. Our pillows are waiting for you!

Happy New Year,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Indonesian first
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The reception are is clean and trendy, but the loud music pumping out of the bar in the evenings might put some people off. The staff are friendly.

The red fuzzy walls on the inside of the elevator sure brings a dimension of color, compared to the brown walls and brown carpets when you go upstairs !

They sell rooms off cheap on the internet to keep the hotel full, so they are trying to make it work out. Can't fault that.

I would stay again, for this price I don't expect a 4 star hotel within a 1/2 mile of the airport runway !

There wasn't any breakfast.

Room Tip: Some rooms are inline with the airport runway, so stay on the quiet side !
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for this helpful feedback. We're always looking to knock it out of the park for our guests, so I'm sorry you had a very average stay. Were you at all disturbed by the music from our lounge? We make sure that our guests don't hear it from their rooms, but if you did, I hope you let our staff know. If there's anything you would add to or change about our decor, we're all ears! I hope you'll come back and stay with us again in the New Year. We'd love to bring that "wow" factor moving forward.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

So the pictures and reviews were good and we are traveling through from Georgia back to Chicago so we chose hotel Preston. We rented the executive suite because our two kids were with us. The hotel just comes off as creepy. It is a really dated hotel with a popcorn low ceiling which was renovated with cool furniture and such... But it just doesn't work. It made me feel like I was in a cheap apartment that I decorated way too well. The dead bugs were all over the windowsills and the desk... And the living bugs were... Everywhere! Absolutely gross. The bugs were ladybugs, that were seen... But there were a minimum of 20 crawling and flying around our room. They said there was an infestation in Nashville... No. So we left and are now staying at the omni downtown for $20 less and it is amazing. I just had to warn travelers as I really wish I would have read a review like this.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Hschicago
I'm so sorry to hear about this very strange experience. We take cleanliness very seriously, so the last thing we want is for you to feel uncomfortable. I hope you let our staff know about the bugs. We should have sent someone to take care of the problem immediately or moved you to a different room. If that didn't happen, then I am truly sorry. Would you mind sending us an email with the day you stayed with us and your room number (Janette.simon@provenancehotels.com)? We'd like to look into this for you ASAP. Once again, I am truly sorry for any frustration we caused. I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our service or our business in general.

Much appreciated,
Cottondale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This is going to be long, so just bear with me. This hotel deserves a thorough post to explain why I believe Hotel Preston deserves deserves more than 3.5 stars.
Let me explain. I work in the medical field and interact with the public often and customer service IS everything! I grew up in Nashville and lived here more than 35 years before I moved to Florida and I remember when this location was a Roadway Inn. Back the early days it didn't have a very good reputation for customer service, so when Priceline selected this hotel location for me to stay in to visit my relatives during Christmas I have to be honest I was very skeptical.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
This place has been transformed into one-of-a-kind hotel with amenities you won't find anywhere else. As soon as you walk through the revolving doors you will know this place is different, in a good way. The lobby is bright and eclectic full of unique artwork that you will not find anywhere else. A dress made totally of pink crayons, yes crayons! An acrylic bra lit up in psychedelic colors with what looks to be fiber optic sunburst coming out behind it. A retro 50's living room complete with an antique rotary phone and lamps. Retro pictures galore with some with cool looking holograms that seem to follow you around!
Let's stop a minute and return to the check-in desk. Remember me saying customer service IS everything? Well this place goes over and beyond any place I have ever seen. Not only are you greeted by nice, friendly faces that go out of their way to make you feel welcome, but you are offered a lava lamp and a beta fish in a bowl to keep you company. (Not to worry, they bring it up to your room for you after you have checked in!). I didn't have much luggage so my check in took less than 2 minutes. I had my room "key" and was on my way to my room. Now getting on the elevator is an experience in itself. The walls are decorated with pink stretched leather hide that you have to see to believe. What I thought was an extra security measure you have to slide your room key in to select your floor. Wow, who thought of that! Brilliant!
---Update----
The entire hotel is now non-smoking (Even in the restaurant and bar area so no offensive smoke to deal with!)

Ok stepping out of the elevator the hallway looks a little dated, but hey that's the idea! Gives the place a more lived in feel to me. It still looks great with updated signage and more retro pictures of interesting black and white photos from around the world of famous stars and unusual circus acts.
I stayed on the 5 floor and my room was designated a non-smoking room which was a little weird but I guess the policy is very new according to the staff and are still working I'm new signage.
Entering the room was also retro but very nice furniture and bedding was clean bright white covering with no stains or torn places. Headboard is huge and is an interesting retro feel to it. The cleaning crew left the CD/AM/FM radio playing on a Christmas channel which was a very nice touch. Beds were made up very nicely with big fluffy pillows and super soft comforters. The room was very clean with no offensive odors. Bathroom was nicely appointed with modern curved curtain rods and a marble counter with inlayed stainless steel sinks with ultra modern faucets that take a little getting used to but worked well. Nice hot water in the sink and shower. fancy soap and shampoo nicely laid out with a coffee maker and behind the door was a terry bathrobe! Closet had hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. Now get this, in addition to the lava lamp and the fish bowl they have a pillow menu that ranges from ultra soft to firm or hypoallergenic delivered on request and a choice of spiritual reading material of your choice that covers all religions delivered to your room at no charge of course! Now that's what I call customer service!
Bed was very comfortable and the room very quiet with a powerful modern heating and cooling system. Sleeping was a dream. The only slight issue I saw was with the TV signal was slightly weak and grainy but I don't think it was the hotels fault it was the service they used. I didn't watch it much so it wasn't a big deal to me. Speaking of communication, Wifi is now free and works very well.
Ok back to customer service for a minute. I was out late one night and the weather turned nasty and as I entered the hotel, guest were informed that all patrons should gather on the lower floor because a tornado warning had been issued. Well the staff brought all of us bottled water and kept us informed of the impending weather until the coast was clear. Now that's caring for your guests!
They had breakfast/dinner menus for room service but I didn't not partake in the food service so I can't comment on the quality of the food. Others I spoke to, said they were also very pleased with the hotel food but was pricey.
I really hated to leave the hotel because I enjoyed my stay but I definitely will come back. Kudos to the wonderful staff for a very quick check out,too!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We are truly in awe of this review! Comments like these just make our day. We're so glad you had such an enjoyable experience with us from start to finish. You're right—customer service can either make or break a business, so it's wonderful to hear that we knocked it out of the park for you! From our quirky, retro decor to our fun amenities, we're so glad you were impressed with our unique style. Next time you need a getaway, our door is always open.

Happy Holidays!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Preston for two nights and were definitely please with the stay. Their pillow menu was a great bonus - as my husband and I are high maintenance sleepers. We literally had ten wonderful pillows on out bed! The beds were very comfortable as well. The front desk staff was friendly and helped with suggestions for restaurants in the area. Overall a great stay!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
We're glad we could please two "high-maintenance" sleepers! Comfy is always what we're going for. Thanks for your kind words, and we're happy you felt at home. Hope to see you back here over the holidays!

Kamakura, Japan
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Yes, it's close to the airport, but the Hotel Preston also has some personality. Even if red faux leopard-skin wall coverings on the elevators are not the way you'd decorate your own house, you'll likely appreciate the fact that the design decisions didn't come from some central chain purchasing office. The rooms are roomy and comfortable, and wireless internet access is fast and reliable (and included in the price). My main disappointment in several previous stays was the lack of equipment in the Fitness Center. This time, however, it had several new machines, which I learned were added about six months ago. Overall, the property could use a bit of a facelift, but I'll certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: If you really need extra space (for lots of luggage, for example), ask for one of the corner rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Man0ntheM0ve
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad you had such an enjoyable stay! I appreciate you mentioning that we're a hotel with personality — we take great pride in our unique and quirky decor. I'm happy to hear you were impressed with our fitness center this time around. We're constantly updating our amenities, so I appreciate this feedback. Hope to see you back here soon!

Happy Holidays,
Steve
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Passing through Nashville, TN with our dog, we made advance reservations at Hotel Preston because it was pet friendly. Considering the last time we stayed at a pet friendly hotel, which was a little less then desirable, the Hotel Preston was surprisingly upscale and very clean! When we checked in at the front desk the gal was very polite and friendly. Since we had a dog, she gave us a doggie gift bag consisting of treats and a toy. The room was rather large, clean and odor free. The bed was very comfortable. They had free wifi as well. My wife was reading the hotel information card and we were impressed that you could have a beta fish or lava lamp requested and delivered to your room if you needed the company and some ambience. Their motto was something to the fact that if you needed it you can have it. Some things were free and others may have additional cost.

We enjoyed the food and a couple of cocktails from their restaurant and bar.

Definitely recommend the Hotel Preston with or without a pet.

Note: Our rating is based off of our experience in a pet room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We're so glad your entire family, both people and pups alike, had a great experience! From our quirky amenities to our comfy rooms, it sounds like you were more than taken care of. Next time you three need a getaway, our door is always open!

Steve