“OK.....just OK.”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #70 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Older property with dated rooms. Not a bad hotel, just unremarkable. The showers are small with fluctuations in water pressure and temperature. Small television. The free wifi is nice.

The restaurant inside is bad. Even breakfast was bad. Maybe not enough volume to use any fresh products.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We always want our guests to have the best experience possible, so "just unremarkable" is disappointing to hear. I want to apologize if you experienced inconsistent water pressure — did you happen to let someone on staff know? We would have worked to accommodate you ASAP. The same goes with our meals. In the future, please let us know in the moment — we'd never want you to eat something that you didn't enjoy!

I do hope you'll give us another shot. We'd love nothing more than to give you a 5-star experience moving forward.

Much appreciated,

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a room here for a business trip and it was ok. The room was pretty well furnished with new, trendy furniture. I just wish the location was a bit better. It's not close to downtown, but rather, about a 20 minute drive. It's close to the airport, so if that's all you need, it's perfect. I was a little annoyed when I arrived after a red-eye flight to be told that I couldn't check in yet even though I notified the booking agent of my early arrival and she advised it would be fine. After I persuaded the front desk agent of this, he let me check in but I don't like having to argue the minute I arrive after a fatiguing trip.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank slink_123
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

We're sorry to hear you had a pretty disappointing experience with us. You're right — you've had a long day of traveling, and the last thing you want is to have added stress when you arrive. Poor customer service is a personal pet peeve of mine, so I want to apologize if you were treated like anything less than a valued guest. We always want our guests to feel completely taken care of, so I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our attitude or our hotel. That said, I'm glad you enjoyed your room and our unique decor! I do hope you will stay with us the next time you're in Nashville. I'm confident we can give you a 5-star experience moving forward.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was very pleased with our stay. We celebrated Valentine's Day here on a romantic mini-vacation. Pros: The room was extremely clean, with very swanky decor. The staff was super nice and the bed was SO comfortable. I got one of the best night's sleep that I can remember.They have nice extras such as a pillow menu, lava lamps, and a monogrammed robe, among others. They allowed me to check in early, and anytime I called the front desk to request something, they came up to my room immediately. Cons: We ordered the room service, but the food was really rich and heavy and gave us both a stomach ache. I advise skipping this step and enjoying one of the nearby restaurants. Our room had a terrible ugly view of the roof, but we weren't exactly there for the view so that was not a big deal for us. Beware that if your room is above the lounge when they are doing karaoke, you can hear it pretty loudly, although it didn't go very late. Overall I was very pleased with our stay and will stay here again, just not over the bar on a weekend/karaoke night. :)

Room Tip: Don't stay over the restaurant/bar area on karaoke nights.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad we could help make your Valentine's vacation so memorable. We pride ourselves on being a quirky, unique hotel, but we always want our guests to feel at home. That said, I'm sorry you had a bad room service experience. Do you remember what you ordered? I'd like to look into this for you personally. I apologize if you could hear the karaoke downstairs — did you happen to let someone on staff know? We would have been more than happy to accommodate you. Once again, we're so happy you enjoyed yourself! Come back and see us soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Retro hotel close to airport. Clean and very friendly staff. Red felt cow hide elevator was different. Beds were GREAT!! pink slip lounge was cool. Live music nightly but Mondays. Would stay again. Restaurant sucked. Long waits and poor food.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

"Retro" chic is always what we're going for! Thanks for letting us know how we're doing. From our friendly staff to our fun lounge, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. That said, we'll definitely take note of your comments regarding our restaurant. If you have any specific comments for us, we're all ears! We want to make sure your next trip is a 5-star experience.

Be well,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The service was outstanding – the staff was friendly and helpful. They are very pet friendly as well. The room was nice and clean but the building is old and some of the interior seems dated. It is also located in a poor area. That being said, it is minutes from both downtown Nashville and the airport. All things considered, I will likely stay here again, mostly due to the service and good price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J_Stamper
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Outstanding service is always our goal, so we can't thank you enough for this fabulous feedback! I'm glad you had a wonderful stay. That said, I'll be sure to take note of your comment regarding some dated decor — if you have any specific feedback for us, we're all ears! Next time you're in the Music City, we'd love for you to stay with us again.

Be well,

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Funky boutique hotel with neat furnishings and comfortable beds. Unfortunately, the man at the front desk the night we checked in seemed a bit more like an angry school janitor, barking directions at guests, rather than being a professional hotel employee. The hotel was clean, the rooms were a good size and the location near the airport was convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thanks for letting us know how we're doing, Jason. While it's wonderful you enjoyed your stay and our comfortable rooms, I'm very surprised to hear that our front desk attendant was so brazen and unprofessional. I can promise you this sort of behavior is not an accurate reflection of our service. Would you mind letting me know the dates that you stayed with us? I'd like to look into this personally. Thanks again for your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Cheers,
Janette Simon
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hotel Preston is located on the outskirts of downtown Nashville which makes it a bit more affordable if you’re on a budget. It also is only an exit from the airport and it is located right off the interstate, so it is easy to find. Keep in mind if you get a room facing the interstate, you will be able to hear the traffic. So you might want to ask for a different room. The hotel appears to have been very modern and probably a top notch hotel in it’s day, but it’s starting to look a bit outdated with is décor.

The room size was huge, but the bathroom was extremely tiny. It might not be good if two of you need to get ready for a night out on the town or for a group of ladies looking for a place to stay. So over all this hotel wasn't bad and we got a good nights rest, but there were no thrills to it. It worked for what we needed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fairchild84

We appreciate your feedback. While it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay for the most part, "wasn't bad" isn't the reaction we're going for. We set a very high bar for ourselves, so you can bet that we take this feedback to heart. Was there any decor you found to be particularly outdated? Our bathrooms vary depending on the room, and I apologize if you felt yours wasn't large enough. If you have any more feedback for us as to how you think we can improve, we're all ears! I look forward to hearing back from you.

Much appreciated,