Hotel Preston
US$206
US$258
US$225
Agoda.com
Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$138
US$280
US$230
2,508 results
All reviewslava lamppillow menupet fishbeta fishclose to the airportroom keyan older hotelwould stay againlive musicbeds were comfortableopry millsnashville airportloungerobeshuttleinterstateuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We are currently staying here for 2 nights. We are in a king room and everything is ok in the room. The furniture has scratches up and the pressure in the shower comes and goes. It took 2 requests to get a fridge in the room. Today when we got back from our outing there was no parking spots to be found. I went into the lobby and asked where we were suppose to park and was told that they were having try outs for the game show Family Feud and so people are here for that and was told that parking was first come first serve. I feel like I have paid for a parking spot with the room and if there is a special event at the hotel that is going to bring alot of people to the hotel they should have them park somewhere and shuttle them in. Just my thoughts and since she was kinda rude, I will not be staying here again. Up until speaking with this woman everyone had been very nice. We have never written a bad review and we usually go with the flow but her attitude left much to be desired.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear kymmyk13,

We are glad to hear you were a guest with us at the Hotel Preston. We are sorry about our staff at the desk, we are usually trying to assist guests at the hotel to help them have a great stay. Will share your comments with our staff to help them with the next guest.

Thanks, Steve

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Preston April 25 - 27 2014 in a double room. The hotel is decorated in a country/cool motif and is attractive. The room was adequate and the only complaint I had was that of the use of real glass coffee mugs in the bathroom and drinking glass which were not in a protective covering, I prefer paper instead of glass.
We weren't at the hotel for entertainment but after being out on Friday nite and coming back to the hotel the entertainment was horrible, a "has been" w/a Karaoke machine. However, upon returning on Saturday nite their entertainment was good enough to be downtown at one of the honky tonk's, she was great!
Overall it's a nice hotel, reasonably priced w/courteous employee's.
for the entertainment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear onetigerfan,

Hope you had a great Rock and Roll Marathon in Nashville. We are happy to checked out our entertainment in Pink Slip, looks like we need to keep looking for another entertainer for your first night. We are always giving all the entertainers a opportunity to showcase their entertainment, sounds like some won't get another chance here.

Thanks for the tip,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Dad and I stayed at the Hotel Preston for 2 nights while in town for the Country Music Marathon. The hotel is located right next to the airport and about 6 miles from the downtown area which was nice. From the exterior it's obvious that the building used to belong to a large hotel chain but was bought out and renovated to be more of a boutique hotel. The rooms were nice, the beds were comfortable and gym/pool area well maintained. I did find some bobby pins and garbage under the dressed while stretching which was a bit off-putting. There was also some difficulty getting the staff to give us a direct answer on whether or not we could checkout late after the race (Some said yes, some said no, and others said they hadn't heard either way.)

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you use ice often get a room on the even numbered floors where the ice machines are located!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Erica D House,

Glad you stayed with us during the Country Music Marathon! Great tip about the ice machines, being on even floors. We were happy you had a nice visit with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed the weekend of 4/18/14 and as usual, the experience was great. The service was very prompt and non the less very nice employees from the front desk to the kitchen and lounge. Some people may be irritated by having to use you room key card to get around on the elevator, but as much crime going on around the world, it only for our safety. I am a Nashville resident, but I frequently leave home to enjoy the feel of putting a little spice in my relationship locally. I have stayed at many local Hotels and I have always been pleased with Hotel Preston. I only problem I had on they stay was the shower water pressure (going hi & low off and on at times).
I WILL BE BACK.......

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terrie G

Dear Terrie G,

Greatest news we love to hear!! I will be back!! Will check out the water situation, we sure want hot water going to all of our rooms!

Thanks Terrie and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap motel with outdated interior, dark hallways and non function elevators this is the place for you. A group of us stayed here over Easter weekend for a friend's 30th birthday party. I'll say now that I had no choice in picking this motel but I figured I would give it a try.

The only good part about the motel is the lobby. It is eclectic with the lighting and various photos and artwork on the walls but as soon as you get in the elevator (that seemed to work only part of the time) that's the end of it. Stepping onto our floor we were greeted by dark hallways and some creepy vintage pictures that had eyes that seemed to follow you wherever you went. It was very disturbing. As we approached our room I noticed the door had not been fully closed after the cleaning staff had left and the door to the adjoining room (which was not occupied by anyone in our group) was unlocked. This is a huge turn off to me due to my security concerns. After doing a room check I called the front desk to inform them of this and was told that they were sorry but it was the maids fault not theirs. That was totally unacceptable! I travel a fair amount and I have never had that happen to me let alone be informed that it wasn't the hotels fault.

After checking the room I found it was ok at best. Our view was of the freeway and the runway at the airport. The traffic noise was non existent but the plane noise was irritating as hell.

As far as the room itself goes it could use some tlc. The beds were uncomfortable, the bathroom was tiny, there were stains on the carpet so bad that I didn't take my socks off except to shower and the walls had stains beside the TV stand. I was going to call the front desk but after the first experience with them I had already written them off as being unhelpful in any way shape or form.

After a quick shower we headed to dinner at the restaurant down stairs. Sure enough it lived up to the already dismal standards that the rest of the motel had set. It took forever to get a server to take our drink order even though there was only one other table in the restaurant. We finally had our orders taken and then sat there trying to hold a conversation while being deafened by the wretched sounds if the obnoxiously loud and out of tune cover band that was performing in the bar next door. Once we the two of us in our group that ordered a salad to start were treated to warm lettuce and onions. I only finished mine due to the fact I was starving from not having ate all day. When the main dish came out it was ok. I ordered lasagna, not the best I've ever had but not the worst either. The high points of the meal were the rolls with house made whipped butter and the signature preston cake I had for dessert.

After paying the absurdly over priced bill, which had an 18% gratuity added that we were not informed of at any time during our dinner, we left to our rooms to try and get some sleep. This was a challenge seeing as how I was treated to the sounds of planes taking off all night.

Upon waking up Saturday we found the police in the parking lot taking statements from several guests who had their cars broken into the night before. We were lucky ours was close to the building and had escaped any vandalism. This just added to my growing concerns about our security at this hotel.

Be advised that there is no continental breakfast at this motel and the breakfast menu is very small. Lucky for us there was a dunkin donuts located right down the street.

After a day and night out on the town which we had to get to by cab ( shuttle doesn't go downtown) we came back and managed to get a few hours of sleep before waking up to head home. When I went to go down stairs I found one of the elevators was again broken. This was a huge problem due to it being check out time and lots of people leaving.i waited 10 minutes on the elevator before I ended up taking the stairs down only to find that they don't take you to the lobby. You have to go onto the second floor go around the hall and then you take a second set of stairs to the lobby.

After pulling up our car and making my way back up the stairs due to the elevator still taking forever I gathered our bags and headed for the elevator again. This time it took 20 minutes before we were finally able to squeeze on with another couple who had been waiting one floor up for the elevator for almost 40 minutes. By this time it was already 1130. When we got to the lobby I headed straight to the desk to checkout. I made sure to have noted on our information that we were late checking out due to the elevator issues and that we would not be charged for another day. The desk associate this time was very helpful and assured me we would not. He made a comment that the elevators are constantly breaking down.

All in all we had a good weekend when we were away from the motel. Nashville is a beautiful city with something for everyone. The only problems we had over the weekend were had at the motel. If you are planning a trip to music city I would pay the extra money and stay at a hotel downtown or anywhere but here I should say.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen A
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

We work hard to give our guests a pleasant, comfortable stay, Stephen, so it's disappointing to hear your experience was such a letdown. I do appreciate your honest feedback, though, and I'm sorry we weren't able to show you a better time. If you would like to discuss any aspects of your visit in further detail, please don't hesitate to call me at (615) 361-5900.

Steven Hoida