“Not what I was expecting”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #66 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon road trip. The front desk worker was nice enough to give us a bigger corner room but I was still unimpressed. Although the room was set up just like the pictures online, everything was worn out and just lacked any sort of "wow" factor. The T.V had horrible reception - some channels would hardly come in at all. Not to mention the remote control for said static box randomly failed after the first cycling of channels. Also, the wi-fi was painfully slow - average speed being 30kb/s.

When we went to bathe, the shower backed up over my feet consistently and the one robe hanging on the door had a tacky sign warning that you would be charged $60 if it went missing.

When we got hungry, we decided to go to the restaurant onsite. The waiter seemed quite bored. There were few options, all the entrees being at least $17. We ordered linguine with mussels and clams and chicken carbonara; both were glorified lean cuisine meals. I ended up throwing up later that evening. Just don't.

Oh, also the t.v has some strange timer setting so it magically turns on at 6 am...my husband was not pleased when he had to get up to turn it off.

1 Thank Jake L
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Jake L,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Preston. Thanks for the tip about the television, will have our maintenance staff check that out. Also, we will have the WIFI company to take a look at our internet. Hope we get to see you in the future.

Thanks, Steve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Indonesian first
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to return when I'm in the Nashville area. It is located less than 5 minutes from the airport and within an easy commute to Nashville attractions. There is a restaurant (I have not tried) and a bar, both located off the lobby. There is plenty of parking and a gas station/convenience store a block away.
The staff is friendly and helpful. I really like this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter. East facing rooms get BRIGHT early morning sun, even with...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Jeannine,

Thank you for your nice comments about the Hotel Preston. We sure enjoy repeat guest and look forward to your next visit.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Arriving at this hotel we found the lobby to be very un-inviting... Then, the desk clerk took a phone call instead of checking us in. The room had a typical cheap perfume smell and was musty. Television had sound but no picture. Internet wouldn't work on my MacBook. I had to call the hotel's Internet Service Provider (ISP) myself to get Internet. The ISP explained that Mac's often won't work on their Internet connection and that they didn't know why... Why did I as a guest have to troubleshoot this?
The room decor was from the 80's? Stuff you find at the curb in a poor neighborhood. Pillows worn out... Duvet on the bed all wrinkled and looked 10 years old. Bed mattress worn out... At least there were no bed-bugs!
Bathroom had weak lighting... you can hardly see with the old fashion light fixture over the mirror. Shower barely had any water coming out from the shower head. The shower water valve cover plate, wobbles and has a large gap for water to go behind the tile.
This place might be a palace for someone coming from a trailer or even a tent, but overall the place is a dump!
Pass on this hotel...

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
1 Thank Bill1844
Dear Bill,

Thanks for your comments about the Hotel Preston, we will have our service provider check and see why Mac sometimes has trouble connecting with the WIFI. Have a great day.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for a conference on 5/30/14 - 6/2/14. The hotel was running at maximum capacity but seemed to handle it well. You can tell this hotel has been updated but the old still comes out in areas. They make it a unique by adding different things than your normal chain ran hotel. We asked for a companion fish off the menu of things they will bring to your room which was very unique! The pool was a nice size and surprisingly had a 9ft deep in. There is not hot tub which is depressing. =( The only things I had problems with was the parking and the elevators. The elevators would not read your card at times so you would have to take it to the front desk so they could reset it. SUCH A PAIN! The parking was a mess as well. On the Saturday night of our stay we had to park in the neighboring business's parking lot. When I pay for a room thats something I don't expect to do. All around its a nice place to stay for the price but it needs some details worked on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Crpnindiana,

Thanks for staying with us at the Hotel Preston. We will check on the key code elevator to see if why you had some challenges with it. Hope to see you soon.

Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had a wonderful time. Great room, very nice hotel, very up to date. Very clean, Had a great room overlooking the pool. Road noise from I-40 not bad at all. Food at the restaurant was wonderful. Our waiter was excellent! Service was excellent for everything we did. They brought us extra pillows at bedtime. Pool was 9' deep and very clean. Will be visiting again ASAP. If it had a spa and gift shop, it would be perfect, but I have no complaints whatsoever!

Room Tip: We liked our room #1111, it was on top floor for the view! Air conditioner a little noisy but not ba...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Michael,

Great room, very nice hotel, very up to date. Very clean, Had a great room overlooking the pool. Road noise from I-40 not bad at all. Food at the restaurant was wonderful. Our waiter was excellent! Service was excellent for everything we did. They brought us extra pillows at bedtime. Pool was 9' deep and very clean. Will be visiting again ASAP. Excellent thoughts about us Michael, we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Safe neighborhood and location, clean rooms with comfortable beds, quiet environment, hot water, great customer service, . Very easy and friendly check-in and check-out process. Crystal (I pretty sure I'm spelling her name wrong) was very helpful during our check in, she was very knowledgeable and gave a list of attractions in the area and restaurants to go to for dinner. Late a night, I came to the lobby to ask for directions to the nearest store to get some supplies, the gentleman behind the counter gave good tips and directions for the nearest stores that were open. I also really really really appreciate they let us store our luggage for the day even after we checked-out. If I ever come back to Nashville, I would stay here again.

Hotel offers no breakfast, has no microwave or fridge in the room. Location is somewhat far from downtown and other popular Nashville attractions, but the drive is easy and relatively fast, we did not experience any traffic issues or trouble getting to or from the hotel. Parking lot is large and was not difficult to find parking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Tony N,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Preston, glad you met some of our great staff at the Front Desk. We appreciate your thoughts, we can't wait till you get to visit again.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed the night of May 19, 2014, for a meeting in the hotel. I got stuck in the elevator on my way to the meeting. I was late to the meeting when I had stayed in the hotel to be on time for the meeting. The staff was surley when I asked to see the elevator inspection certificate.

As for the room, The room doors are thin with a wide gap at the bottom allowing noise from the hall to be anoying. The last time I stayed there, the room entrance was a double door which could have been easily breached.

The hotel is trying with interesting decoration; however, it seems like the infrastructure has been ignored.

Room Tip: Avoid the creepy double door rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tomb,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel Preston, we had the elevator company here the next day to investigate and correct any errors with the elevators. We are sorry for the inconvience for you.