“Restaurant over Priced Dining menu is very short”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #72 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am staying at the Preston for the 8th Time, The rooms are nice. Food is overpriced. I was told by the waiter that if I wanted a Cheeseburger that I would have to go to the Bar, Its on the menu why can't I have what is offered on the menu??? All plates start at about $19.00 and up. Most can't afford to have a Family eat here. I am fed up. I will not stay here again. I get just as much at a Holiday Inn for half of the Price. $9.00 piece of pie. I don't do the Bar stuff. not to get a $20.00 Cheeseburger. after I check out on Friday morning, I will never return to the Preston. Oh by the way, NO SECURITY

Room Tip: if you are here on Business or with the Family and want a nice Hotel where you can enjoy a nice room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Preston. I am sorry to hear about your Café Isabella, we try to provide a great meal at a great price.

Thanks Steve

Write a ReviewReviews (2,486)

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and did not enjoy. The room itself was ok, although very dark. The hallways and open areas were dirty. I felt that the room was probably equally dirty but I just couldn't see it. Will not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Barbara B,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Preston, I am sorry to hear that you did like us, anything you can give me to make it better for the next guest?

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel Preston was the site of my mother's 70th birthday party. We received a group rate. The location is right off of the interstate and very convenient to get to other locations in the city of Nashville. When we checked in, the front desk only had one guest waiting to check-in but three employees were scurrying around looking busy with no one. The young man that checked us and had very little sense of humor when I jokingly asked if he had assigned me the best room in the hotel. His curt reply was that it was the room that was assigned to me. Bah humbug and it was April!

After exiting the elevator on our appropriate floor we were met with a dark interior with pictures that my children could only describe as creepy. When we got to our room, we were a bit disappointed in the furnishings. It just didn't seem cohesive. I understand that the feel of the hotel is eclectic how ever the furnishings look like they had come out of all different kinds of places in decades and didn't go together at all. Additionally, it was really hot in the room. The bathroom was strange in that the counter top was updated and nice however the stained ceiling and ripped wallpaper screamed for attention. The water in the shower completely stopped running at one point during an evening shower as well as a morning shower the next day.

The room we were in was quiet despite the proximity to the airport.

We went down to the Pink Slipper for a drink and waited to receive attention from the bartender who was busy cleaning the area. Little did we realize that he was cleaning up for closing and it wasn't even 10:00 pm on a Friday night!

The event on Saturday went okay. The bartender (not the same guy) was fun and enjoyed our group. The manager hung around watching the group without introducing himself which was a little odd. I guess he was looking for underage drinkers however he only managed to card one guest who had left her ID in the room but was surely old enough to be drinking. He took her beverage until she would retrieve it.

The servers watched the event and occasionally would pick up plates and glasses but only after other guests had moved them to an empty table.

Brunch the next morning was delicious despite the hefty price tag and dark restaurant.

The hotel has so much potential but really needs a blast of fresh. This could really be a fun place with the artsy deco. Please consider lightening it up a bit and refreshing the bathrooms. I would stay here again however my expectations have certainly dropped. This place is budget in its present state.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Annelisle,

It was great to hear that you were enjoying your mother's birthday. Birthdays are a very special time for each of us, I hope she enjoyed her stay with us too. Thank you for the tips about our hotel and your experience, we will use your thoughts to assist our staff.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

They have taken an old run down Hotel and tried to give it a cosmetic facelift. Well, the facelift is just on the surface and everything looks rundown and patched up.They have tried to add a few pieces of snazzy art work and red Cow Hide to the elevator walls but it is still rundown. The Furniture in our room had the finish peeling off and the entire room had a musty smell was quiet strong. After Dinner in Nashville my wife and I proceeded to the bar and noticed that it was quiet rundown as well. After a couple of drinks in the bar my wife decided to take a relaxing bath and noticed that the faucet handle didnt quiet work properly. Once she turned to water on the draw her bath she could not get the faucet to cut off. This was around midnight. We promptly called the front desk and they said they would send someone right up, once again this was around midnigh. At 4 a.m. the faucet was still running wide open. A bellhop of all people showed up after a second call, at around 4:15 to try and fix the faucet. The next morning we still had no water and I had to resort to bathing in the sink before my meeting with my clients. And to top it all off when we were checking out, there was no apology or any mention of any compersation for our problems. You would have thought that they would offer to send us to another room at least to bathe. This was my first and last visit to the Hotel Preston..

Room Tip: I booked this trip on Price and was expecting a 3.5 star hotel as listed. This is more like a 1.5 0r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bobby B,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience at the Hotel Preston. We have sent maintenance to your room and we were able to fix the plumbing problem.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our travel department booked me here because my usual chain was booked up. Was very pleased with the clean comfortable room. Cafe Isabella serves good food, if not a little pricey for the quantity. Willis checked me in and was kind as could be. Very close to the airport which was convenient for me. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Alex-Hamerstone,

We are glad you were booked at our Hotel Preston, we are always excited when we get a new guest. Hope to see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked this hotel at the last minute and it worked out just fine. I was traveling by myself which is unusual for me, but was comfortable at this hotel. Willis checked me in at the front desk and was very helpful finding me a place to eat that suited me, and directions to get me from point to point. This was very helpful since I was having a hard time navigating on my own.

My room was clean, cool and had country music playing softly :) My bed was big, clean and comfy and it was very quiet in my room. Parking was ample and FREE! Not a good location if you're looking to walk to places to eat etc, but I had no problem getting around to all the places I wanted to go. The restaurant in the hotel serves breakfast & dinner etc.

Room Tip: I was in room 1015, very quiet when I was there.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank llswimbus
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Liswimbus,

Thanks for trying our Hotel Preston and excited to hear you met Willis and had a great stay with us. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My boyfriend and I needed found a deal for this hotel on groupon
Even though we only stayed for one night it enjoyed the time we had. The room was very spacious and even had a very of the mountains. It was close to downtown Nashville which is the where we planned to spend most of our trip. The bed was extremely comfortable and we found it hard to leave.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Lauren B,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Preston, glad to hear you and your boyfriend found us.
Hope we see soon.