“Interesting and Unique”

Ranked #70 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Tuscaloosa
“Interesting and Unique”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Good food and bar, but as typical well overpriced. Live band was neat, room was clean and people all very friendly. Bed was very uncomfortable, I would stay somewhere else next time for a comfortable bed

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Tim, we want to provide you with a comfy place to rest your head, so I'm sorry to read our bed wasn't your favorite. (I think they're very comfy, but not everyone has the same mattress preferences!) Still, I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the Pink Slip, as well as a clean room. If there's anything you'd like to follow up on, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Until then,
Steven Hoida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Indonesian first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you are tired of the same hotel chains, Hotel Preston is the one for you. It's decorated with Nashville paraphernalia and was so much fun. The beds are super comfortable and the soaps,lotions are green tea and of good quality. Just a different twist...so tired of boring furnishings and sterile environments. Each guest is given a "Spiritual Menu" and a "Pillow Menu". With the stop for a unique experience. Can't comment in the price because we did Priceline and got 2 nights for $152, taxes included, which was probably a good deal. One suggestion I would have is for them to expand the workout room. There was only one elliptical and a treadmill that didn't work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
It's so great to read you enjoyed your room and all its unique amenities! Thanks so much for leaving this thoughtful review, including the feedback on our workout room. Although the gym isn't the main focus of our hotel, it's helpful to see where you think we can improve. Overall, if you're ever back in Nashville, we'd love to see you again.

Take care,
Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Got a real cheap rate on one of those buy before you know the name sights. At 1/2 a major chain 3 star hotel, I didn't expect much. I was there for a convention, so I cannot comment on the food otr bar, but from the front desk, to the rooms and all the staff. Hat's off. A great experience. I would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: I was straight across an elevator. Still quiet with great access.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Well I'm glad to read you enjoyed everything from the front desk to the rooms and staff. We'd love to show you a great meal the next time you're in Nashville, so don't be a stranger!

All the best,
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was a little skeptical staying at this hotel, however, I was pleasantly surprised! This hotel is definitely unique and it's definitely a good kind of unique! The beds are SO comfy it was so difficult to get out of the bed in the morning because I was so happy where I was, in bed.
The room itself was clean and very nice, but the door stuck horribly. Every time I opened the door I had to use almost all of my force to get it open and I had to push it hard to get it to close. I was reluctant to go to the vending machine because I didn't want to wake up the people around me because it was so loud. This, though, wasn't a huge problem. It didn't bother me TOO much.
Clean bathrooms are always a must for me, and I felt this hotel did a good job of keeping up with my high expectations. This being said, the shower was definitely dated, he bathroom itself wasn't, but the shower was. The water also smelled sulfuric coming from the sink, and that kind of bothered me. The shower had good water pressure overall, but it was spotty.
We ordered room service one of the nights and it was about $55 for a burger, pasta, and a salad. This was definitely pricey for the quality. The food was subpar, but the people were nice. Also, they charge $3 to run someone up to the room for room service. I was a little confused by this, but it wasn't too big of an issue. One thing I was very disappointed with is that in the restaurant for breakfast, they make you pay for coffee. I have never been in a hotel where they charge for coffee!
I was happy to have free wifi with this hotel also! It was lacking though. It was slow and definitely very temperamental with connecting to my iPhone.
This hotel is one of the few hotels that accept dogs in Nashville, but it was also expensive ($45/night).
Overall, I feel this was a good stay and I wouldn't mind staying at Hotel Preston again! Some things that would deter me, however, is the slow internet and sulfuric water.

Stayed August 2014
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised with our comfy beds and unique decor, Sarah! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review. I appreciate you bringing the sulfuric smell to my attention. Although sulfur is harmless, I can see how it could be unappealing, so it's worth looking into. What's more, I definitely want to look into the internet situation, as we want you to have a comfortable stay here.

In any case, I'm happy to read you enjoyed our quirky hotel, and I'd be happy to welcome you back the next time you're in Nashville.

Don't be a stranger!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our second time staying at the Preston and will not be our last. We love this place. Everyone is so friendly, the rooms are always clean, comfy beds and the decor contemporary with a touch of country music. It is Nashville after all:)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thanks for this thoughtful review! It's great to read you love everything from the rooms to the quirky decor. As always, we hope to see you the next time you're in Nashville.

Don't be a stranger!
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed this past weekend with seven other girls for a bachelorette party, and we had a great time! The hotel was very nice and clean, and the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. Also enjoyed it being pet friendly and getting to see people with their pets in and out. Really enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the stay. Next time you're in the area, we hope to host you again.

Cheers,
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just did an amazing business meeting there and was happy to be there. Close to the airport, Great Shuttle Service, Great Drivers,Nice Rooms, Great Service, Incredibly fantastic beds, Great Food, Great Chef, I think it was Chef Michael, nice guy and Great Service staff like Jason who just happens to be from Arizona like me. Took care of us fabulously and a pleasure to talk to.
Will be back the next time in Nashville, no need to look anywhere else. I know Nashville is big enough to have lots of choices but the Hotel Preston did it all for me and was the place to be. Great Venue. Would gladly do it all over again!!

Room Tip: Ask for 805, huge!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for that glowing review, Kerry! I'm glad you were able to come by while on business. Your compliments mean the world to us, so know that I'll pass this along to my staff (Jason and Michael, in particular!). Already looking forward to your next Nashville visit.

Until then,