“Disillusioned” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Illinois
“Disillusioned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Forget any idea that you are booking an idiosyncratic boutique hotel. Keep your expectations low and it is a reasonable value. Don't eat there. Depressing dining room. Low end bar. Awful lighting in bedroom corridors.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Woolsthorpe
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
It's truly disappointing to read that you were unimpressed with our hotel. I know you mentioned the lighting in the bedroom corridors, but if there's anything else we could improve on, from the bar to the rooms, please don't hesitate to reach out with more details.

Steven Hoida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

It's not near much, but you're close to everything. If you have a vehicle.

Rooms look just like in the pictures on the website, if a bit scruffy. As always the bed was a bit soft for my taste, but you may enjoy it. My A/C unit was noisy, but good white noise, except when it cycled.

A few of the bulbs in the bathroom fixture were missing. Replace them and the bathroom might not be so dark.

Quiet and everyone was super-nice.

Worth the money, and free parking.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay overall. As for the light bulbs, please don't ever feel funny bringing things like this to our attention! Our staff is always happy to help fix anything that's not working properly in the moment. That said, if you're ever back in the area, we'd love to have you.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Funky hotel!

This place is super-convenient to the airport (although beware! It is NOT on Briley Parkway, but on a side street called "Envious." Seriously.) with a free shuttle.

The rooms are enormous. My corner room was seriously the size of a small house. Sadly, the space wasn't used as well as it could have been. A fridge and/or microwave would have made this perfect, especially since there's nothing within walking distance except a gas station.

The staff was friendly and the bed was comfy. My only complaint is that the internet is painfully slow. At some times it completely drops out and that can be

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a city view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank texasbrian
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Brian, I'm happy to read you enjoyed your house-sized room here! Although refrigerators in the rooms aren't something we've got in the works, we appreciate your input, as this is something to consider! Also, I appreciate the feedback on the internet -- it's something we've heard a few times lately, so we're definitely working on it. In any case. I hope all is well and know that you're welcome back the next time you're in Nashville!

Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Saw some poor reviews of his hotel but got a real good price so gave it a try. I found this to be a great place to stay. Front desk person was very nice gave us a room on an upper floor with view of the city about 10 miles away. Room was big very clean and comfortable.No free breakfast wifi in room worked well. The hotel was quite full but seemed real quiet. It is located close to Opryland and The Hermatige home of Andrew Jackson sites we wanted to see .
We liked this hotel so much we stayed an extra night, probably one of the best hotel we stayed in during our 5 week road trip.

Room Tip: Try for upper level room for the view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
One of the best hotels during your five-week road trip? What a compliment, Gerald! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here from the staff to your room and its city view (enough to stay a second night!). You're welcome back any time.

Best,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We picked this for a one night stay and were pleasantly surprised. For the price, we got a much better experience than expected. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and we had plenty of free hotel provided toiletries awaiting us upon arrival. Very close to downtown, which was our destination for the evening. Nice bar area on the main level and very friendly/helpful staff. Only thing I would change is adding a refrigerator to the rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us, Jason! Thanks for the feedback on the refrigerators for the rooms -- it's not necessarily something we're planning for at the moment, but it's something to consider moving forward. Hope to see you again the next time you're in Nashville!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I recently stayed overnight at Hotel Preston during a business conference that was held there. Upon entering the hotel, I notice the artistic, eclectic decor. It was nice seeing such beautiful "funky" artwork and furnishings instead of a bland beige hotel. The front desk was very friendly and got me checked in fast. The hotel is located right off the interstate so it's easy access and was very easy to find. The room was very clean. The King size bed was so comfy and the bedding was very soft. During our conference we had lunch at the on site restaurant and they were also very accomodating and the food was good. I highly recommend this hotel and I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A comfy bed and friendly staff -- what more could we ask for in a review? Thanks for the compliments on everything from your room to our funky decor. Hope to see you again the next time you're in Nashville!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Do not be fooled by what you read here. These reviews were written by very stupid foolish people who do not realize that they could have been surcharged $75.00 for room service. The staff pretend to be friendly while sticking you for this extra charge,

The room stuck of air freshner. At first when My husband and I arrived there they claimed I did not have a reservation and that they would have to see if a room was available. We concluded our business trip in less than 3 hrs and they absolutely refused to initiate any sort of refund. They said I would get my $75.00 back within 7- 10 business days. Never happened. I have just contacted ebookings.com to request a full refund of unused time. We left because they made us sick to our stomachs with their stupidity.

I hope and pray for them because they are going to need it .

Beverly Noble

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Beverly N
Beverly, I'm shocked to read this review. It sounds like there were some serious miscommunications on our end about check in dates and times, and for that, I am sorry. I can assure you that we only ever charge for room service that's received, so I'm not exactly sure what happened here. What's more, we would never intentionally make false promises about anything, especially when it comes to refunds, so I can only imagine that there was some sort of mix up here, and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and your husband. I'd like to make things right, so please don't hesitate to give me a call at (615) 361-5900.

However, while we welcome feedback from all of our guests, it's disheartening to see that we made you and your husband "sick to your stomachs with our stupidity," as that's not the type of feedback we ever hear, nor is it the impression we'd like to leave on our guests. We treat all of our guests here with respect, and I'd appreciate it if you showed us the same courtesy. That said, if you have any constructive feedback to share, I'm all ears.