“Confused”

Ranked #70 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Morristown, Tennessee
“Confused”
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Rooms, Location & Overall apperance of the hotel are amazing for the price. The service was ok but a little lacking when I stayed but i sent my mom a week later with my son & they had a terrible expierence with the LACK of CUSTOMER SERVICE. To the point my mom was offended. then to make matters worse she left her diamond necklace in the bathroom, I called less than 2 hours after her departure & got transferred to 2 different voicemails. I'm still waiting on a call, even if its to tell me that its gone a simple return call would be professional.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
PEORIA, AZ
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Have stayed at Hotel Preseton 3 times now and every stay was for business. There was a problem with Expedia billing (now I call direct) and Preston helped me personally to sort out the problem. The entire hotel is interesting. It promotes Nashville with picture of country western stars in the rooms and great and unusual art work throughout. I love the decor. They large flat screen tvs in the rooms. that are confortable and homey. I had to send work ahead each time and they knew where it was and delivered to my room. The food is EXCELLENT. I highly recommend this hotel, mostly for the terrific service.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 12 June 2009
Dear tmayes,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our hotel a good value and that you enjoyed our comfy bed. We appreciate the referral and I am following up with your mother regarding the lost necklace. We try our best to return lost and found items to guests that have misplaced items and we do offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk to store valuables. We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Nashville.

Best Regards,
Tenneessee
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We stayed at the Preston only one night while en route to our destination. It was convenient to the interstate and the price was very reasonable. Lobby is very modern and funky! Rooms have been nicely upgraded for an older hotel, were comfortable but a bit dark. No complaints for a one night stay. We were on the interstate side of the hotel but noise was not an issue.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 10 June 2009
Dear mom2guys,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our uniquely renovated décor. Most guests find out hotel surprisingly quiet and convenient to all that Nashville has to offer. Please visit us again soon!

Best,

Chad Armistead
Louisiana
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I travel quite a bit, and have to say that the overall experience was not good. From terrible restaurant service to billing foul-ups to poor maid service, I rate this hotel very low. Even had another guest enter our room late in the evening, having been given our room when they checked in. When I checked out, no manager was around to hear my complaints, but I was promised a call back. Never happened. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Dear Smelancon,

Thank you for your review. We offer a great menu in Café Isabella and are sorry that your experience was not a good one there. We try our best to address any concerns a guest may have during their stay. We are eager to contact our guests and try to make it right if something is not perfect. We appreciate and want to keep your business.

Kindest Regards,
Kentucky
Reviewed 31 May 2009

It wasn't all bad or anything. I loved the decor, and I LOVED the pink slip made from crayons! I LOVED the fact that the front desk let me change rooms because I hated the view from my window. ( the same air conditioners i build everyday at work.) The staff was accommodating and even came to feed my pet fish in a hurry because he looked unhappy.
But the bathroom sucked. There was no exhaust fan which is a bad thing when my husband goes in for an extended period of time. It was too dimly lit in there too. I couldn't really see well when I had to get ready for an outing, and my husband's shaving adventure was done almost blindly.
On the second floor, the smoking floor, our room was bombarded by the sound of the band playing in the lounge. The hotel is directly in the path of in and out bound airplanes that rattle the windows 24/7. I am a pretty hard sleeper, and I would constantly be woken by this. Expect a $20 dollar cab fare, one way, to downtown Nashville. And honestly, Nashville is just like every other big city out there. Bar, Gift shop, bar, gift shop. all the way down the 3 block strip that is music row. There are pan handling musicians that park on every street corner. Most of them are ridiculously awful. Only two were worth stopping and listening to. That would be a gentleman by the name of mike that played mandolin (who by the way is NOT an alcoholic) and a young girl that played fiddle very nicely ( i think she's still learning).
Overall, next time, if we even go to nashville again, we will be staying somewhere closer to the downtown area that really is within walking distance.
Kudos to the staff that really did try to make my stay a wonderful one.

TN
Reviewed 30 May 2009

As soon as we got there the toilet had a problem and we called maintenance and they were there immediately, fixed it quickly and we had no more problems. Check in and out was very sufficient....restaurant was good......wifi good....just was a very good overnight stay. Thanks all of you there!!!!

Have already recommended you to others!!!!

Stillwater
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We stayed at this location on our way back to Oklahoma from our Honeymoon. Everything started nice and the look or the hotel was great. Then we went to dinner and it was 2 out of 5. My husbands fish was great but my ziti was awful the was so much cheese I couldn't even eat it. The staff was helpful in getting in to the heart of Nashville. Before we left my husband got a romance package I was excited I was think white wine and chocolate covered strawberries. We set up time to have it delivered to our room and they front desk was helpful on arranging a time. It was 20 after 8:00pm and it was supposed to be there at 7:45pm, so we had to called and then they got it to our room. We paid $80.00 for the package. It was awful, I have know idea what we paid for. There were some nice chocolates and red wine, but whip cream, it was so trashy. I did not like red wine and we had tried to drink it but no. I called down to ask for a white and they were nice to help up and said let us see what we can do. 20min later they come back with a half a bottle of white wine, which was okay, but they I saw they brought new glasses so I grab one, they both has lipstick on the side. It was like some one set it out side there door to be picked up and he picked it up and brought it to our room. The honeymoon ended there, we went to bed and just wait till we could leave. We also got the breakfast and it was okay but it was a high price for what it was. Not very happy when we left.

Dear HintonMT,
Thank you for your review. We try to make every experience at our hotel unique, which is why we have different items available as part of our romantically themed packages. We try to ensure excellent service and execution of these packages, but it sounds like a mistake was made on getting your request taken care of. We appreciate being able to address our guest concerns and I am glad our front desk staff was helpful in assisting you during your stay.

Warmest Regards,