“Looks good from far away...”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #71 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
cary, nc
“Looks good from far away...”
Reviewed 29 June 2009

But I wouldn't recommend it at all. The hotel looks cute in pictures, but in person, it looks like everything is coated in a thick layer of grime. It just feels dirty. When you step in the elevator, the whole lift creaks and the lights flicker. In fact, my sister was stuck in the elevator with a group of people. When I reported the problem to management, the maintenance man strode by leisurely and without making eye contact said "i know, i heard the bell, i'm working on it." Our first night in the hotel, a big group partied well into the night, literally screaming in the hallways. We called down to management, who eventually addressed the issue at 4am. I guess a man wearing only a shirt and no pants doing push-ups in the hallway was crossing the line. Be forewarned. You're better off staying at a reputable chain.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Dear mzmeliss 2,
Thank you for your review. We take the comfort, safety and security of our guest’s very seriously so thank you for reporting the other guests who were disrupting your stay as well as the elevator problem. We want all of our guests to enjoy a great, relaxing stay, and do respond appropriately to any reports of disturbance of other guests. Our elevators have posted signs indicating the maximum number of occupants allowed, which unfortunately sometimes are ignored when guests are in a hurry to get back to their room. The elevator was overloaded in this case and I assure you our maintenance team focused on getting the guests out safely and quickly. We would enjoy the opportunity to have you back as out guest. Please call to arrange a complimentary night stay.
Kindest Regards,
Chad Armistead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 27 June 2009

The Hotel Preston presents itself as a boutique hotel. I think that's a stretch. Simply changing decor to non-traditional doesn't make your hotel a boutique hotel.

It's an average hotel. Nothing spectacular, nothing horrible.

The one thing that threw me for a loop...they filter the internet connection...very aggressively. I couldn't get to a Yahoo news page because of it. I've seen hotels block ports so you can't do intensive downloading, but I've never come across a hotel that filters web content. That's pretty bad, in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
m'boro
Reviewed 15 June 2009

friendly and very comfortable sleep. Only thing is that I thought looking at the website pictures, it would be a little more luxurious. I'm not sure if it was the decoration or if the hotel is older than I thought, but that's it. We came in late from our wedding and off early to travel, so we didn't have too long of an experience.

Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Rooms, Location & Overall apperance of the hotel are amazing for the price. The service was ok but a little lacking when I stayed but i sent my mom a week later with my son & they had a terrible expierence with the LACK of CUSTOMER SERVICE. To the point my mom was offended. then to make matters worse she left her diamond necklace in the bathroom, I called less than 2 hours after her departure & got transferred to 2 different voicemails. I'm still waiting on a call, even if its to tell me that its gone a simple return call would be professional.

PEORIA, AZ
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Have stayed at Hotel Preseton 3 times now and every stay was for business. There was a problem with Expedia billing (now I call direct) and Preston helped me personally to sort out the problem. The entire hotel is interesting. It promotes Nashville with picture of country western stars in the rooms and great and unusual art work throughout. I love the decor. They large flat screen tvs in the rooms. that are confortable and homey. I had to send work ahead each time and they knew where it was and delivered to my room. The food is EXCELLENT. I highly recommend this hotel, mostly for the terrific service.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 12 June 2009
Dear tmayes,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our hotel a good value and that you enjoyed our comfy bed. We appreciate the referral and I am following up with your mother regarding the lost necklace. We try our best to return lost and found items to guests that have misplaced items and we do offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk to store valuables. We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Nashville.

Best Regards,
Tenneessee
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We stayed at the Preston only one night while en route to our destination. It was convenient to the interstate and the price was very reasonable. Lobby is very modern and funky! Rooms have been nicely upgraded for an older hotel, were comfortable but a bit dark. No complaints for a one night stay. We were on the interstate side of the hotel but noise was not an issue.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 10 June 2009
Dear mom2guys,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our uniquely renovated décor. Most guests find out hotel surprisingly quiet and convenient to all that Nashville has to offer. Please visit us again soon!

Best,

Chad Armistead
Louisiana
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I travel quite a bit, and have to say that the overall experience was not good. From terrible restaurant service to billing foul-ups to poor maid service, I rate this hotel very low. Even had another guest enter our room late in the evening, having been given our room when they checked in. When I checked out, no manager was around to hear my complaints, but I was promised a call back. Never happened. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Dear Smelancon,

Thank you for your review. We offer a great menu in Café Isabella and are sorry that your experience was not a good one there. We try our best to address any concerns a guest may have during their stay. We are eager to contact our guests and try to make it right if something is not perfect. We appreciate and want to keep your business.

Kindest Regards,