“Airport Hotel”

Ranked #69 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Canton,Ohio
“Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I had a meeting in one of Hotel Preston's many conference rooms. So I stayed at the hotel for a couple of days. Right off the bat I'm thinking... please not another shabby airport hotel that looks really run down. Let me tell you that yes its close to the airport, but its much nicer than a typical hotel. This place strives to be more than just a living quarters for a night.

My room was clean, 2 double beds , nice tv. New bathroom fixtures etc.

Conference room was large and the food that was catered in was good. They had a server who stayed near to clear the tables but was never in the way of the meeting taking place.

Only negative was that obviously you could here planes from time to time at night. Not much can be done about that from a hotel stand point.

Next time I am in Nashville I will consider Hotel Preston.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I discovered the Hotel Preston years ago when it first opened. I thought it was the cutest thing that they offered beta fish, bamboo plants, and a pillow menu (among other things) at check-in. And the beds - oh, the beds! I wish I could take one of those pillow-top, fluffy, comfy-soft beds home with me. I'm not sure if I've ever gotten a better night's sleep!
This is ALWAYS my hotel of choice on a trip to Nashville. You can't beat the price on this luxurious hotel, just minutes away from downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharalorea
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 9 November 2010
We are happy to hear that you love our hotel and make it your 'home away from home' while staying in Nashville. Come back and see us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Good experience with the Hotel Preston. Someone had smoked in our non-smoking room (Priceline for $60) and the front desk staff changed our room immediately with many apologies. We appreciated the free parking but free internet would have been a nice touch. Aveda bath products, nice robe, hairdryer, etc.
The restaurant has a limited menu, especially for breakfast, but the food was good and the wait staff very friendly and welcoming.
In the evening , there was a terrific “swing band” in the Pink Slip Lounge but we had an early flight so had to pass.
The Hotel Preston is perfect for anyone who needs to be near the airport for an early flight or late arrival.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. You will have to come back and stay again so you can enjoy the Pink Slip and the wide variety of music we offer. Hope to see you soon!
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I love this hotel! It is visually beautiful both indoors and out. The staff is so friendly and the hotel beds are comfortable and the rooms are very very quiet.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Will stay again..... The food at Cafe Isabella is outstanding!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Cafe Isabella during your stay. Next time you come try my personal favorite, the Chicken Isabella. It is wonderful. Thank you and come back and see us again soon!
Washington
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I traveled to the Hotel Preston for a ministry conference. The facility was superior, with ceilings high enough that pollution of other attendees rose beyond the seats. The air conditioner was working quietly enough that I could hear the speakers without distraction.
The front desk staff was exceptional, for their friendliness and helpfulness. This is one of the few times I have contacted an hotel after staying to compliment the staff. One person gave us his card and encouraged us to call if we got lost on the route to the restaurant he recommended. Both cars did get lost, and did call him, and he was so very gracious. Another person gave us directions to another restaurant, that turned out to be the best of 2009 - a superb meal was enjoyed and he had known it was very close to our evening activity, although some distance from the hotel. They furnished refrigerators and microwaves to our rooms, until they ran out. They went to extreme service to deal with allergies and sensitivities.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind comments. I hope you come back and see us again.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We pulled in at midnight and were very tired as a family of seven. The staff was so nice came out got our bags and had a very quick check in. They have a very modern yet luxurious decor. The elevators have fur on the walls. My children loved this. The rooms had all white linens with super big pillows. Everything was neat and very clean. I loved the Aveda products in the bathroom. We all slept like babies. I would visit this hotel again on my next vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel. I hope you come back and see us again.

Monique