“Be ready to share your table.”
Review of City House

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Germantown
Cross street: Monroe
Description: Featured in the New York Times Style Magazine Style Map in 2009, City House is located in historic Germantown. City House is a chef-owned restaurant with a knowledgeable staff invested in establishing a unique culinary experience that features locally grown and created food.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It's noisy - I guess in a good way, if you like a busy restaurant scene. Looked like a very fun bar. We sat in the screened area; all are tables for 6, and you share. Also ok, if you know it's coming. Also if it's not sweltering; it was on the verge. The tables for two inside were inches away from each other, it appeared. Our waiter was excellent - really knew his ingredients, I wish I remembered his name. I noticed hesitated to recommend the trout to another couple, but that's what I had and it was delicious - the 'stuffing' was marvelous. The cheese-on-tomato appetizer was great. My daughter's pasta dish was less great. But overall, it was good. I'd go back - and probably try one of the pizzas.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I usually sit at the bar when I visit the city house. That way I get to chat to the bar staff about the unique cocktail ingredients and maybe even get the odd free sample. The City House has the most exotic cocktail ingredients and their own great recipes that won't set you back any more money than, say, a martini at the Pub in the Gulch, but are far more interesting. The City House specializes in Pizza, but since I am eating low gluten I usually have some of the appetizers like the Octopus, or sausages and peaches. One night I had the trout entree and it was very tasty. My pick for a classy happy hour drink and food after work.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Run, don't walk, to this Germantown Gem. The pork belly pizza with homemade mozzarella, finished with a free range egg, is heaven on a plate. Rustic italian food as good as any in NYC. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We go to Nashville every other year to visit my husband's family. I'm a foodie & love researching new, fun places & trying the food. We joined a local couple here & had a great meal! The fresh, margarita pizza was delicious, the wine was great, and the fresh fish was great as well.
The service was great in a fun, rustic atmosphere. I've heard Josephine & Etch are also great places to dine.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Located in Germantown, this restaurant is definitely a shining star in the Nashville scene. Offering a creative menu with exceptional service, City House is tucked in a restored artist studio that combines hardwood floors, exposed brick walls, and contemporary touches. Reservations recommended for a memorable evening.