1,799 results
All reviewsfront deskfree shuttleshuttle servicewithin a mile radiusnashville vanderbiltmusic rowparking garageself parkhotel shuttlerestaurants and barshotel is in a great locationthe entire staffwest enddowntown areahousekeeping staffper dayhgi
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We held our wedding reception here and were not pleased with the service we received. One of our biggest complaints is that we were bumped from the honeymoon suite and never told. When we arrived after our ceremony my husband stopped at the front to get our key and was handed the key to a different room. After questioning why we were moved from the room we were promised we found out that someone else had booked the room 6 weeks prior (we had our reception booked 3-4 months prior) and so despite us having it booked before them we were moved to a different room on another floor. This was our welcome to our wedding reception. Looking over reviews on this website it looks like multiple people have been bumped from the rooms they booked in advance so I would just be cautious when booking. "Priority" customers get what they want and it appears to be at the expense of others.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather C
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear Heather C,

Thank you for recently staying with us and having your wedding reception here at our hotel, first of all I want to say congratulations to you and your husband on your marriage, we wish you the best on your new life as a couple.

On behalf of our entire staff I want to express to you how sorry we are you did not get to stay in our honey moon suite, we only have one suite of this kind and I am extrermely sorry it was occupied on the day you stayed here. I can only imagine how dissapointing that was.

It is my understanding that our Sales manager has invited you back to stay with us free of charge, please let me know when you are coming back as I will personally make sure every thing goes smooth with your stay, I will ensure the honey moon suite is available for you and will take care of every detail of your stay.

Once again, congratulations on your marriage and thank you for your trip advisor review, your comments have been shared with all our associates.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Having stayed in a number of Hilton Garden Inns, I had expectations when I checked in. This hotel exceeded them. If you can get over the twenty bucks for parking (valet or self--same rate), this hotel is a winner.

It's located in the trendy West End neighborhood just west of downtown. You are very close to Vanderbilt University and a number of trendy bars and restaurants.You can walk to the campus or to the bars and restaurants, and the hotel offers a free shuttle service if you're not inclined to walk. The shuttle will also take you downtown to the "District," where all the famous honky-tonks are located.

The hotel is pretty new, so it was in great condition on my visit. Everything in tip-top shape. The room was to HGI standards (so through-wall AC unit is standard, unfortunately). Best thing is the decor was highly Nashville-centric, with lots of local musicians and events featured in the artwork. When you travel a lot, one of best things a hotel can do for you is remind you where you are. This hotel does a good job of that.

Service, courtesy, everything was first rate. Highly recommended. (See my not-so-enthusiastic review of the nearby Indigo West End for a different perspective)

Room Tip: Rooms facing south may have a view of the parking garage...just so you know.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

By sharing your experiences you're helping travellers make better choices and plan their dream trips. Thank you!
We stayed at this hotel in October for several nights. It was excellent. We found it immaculate, the food was great, not to mention the location. Most of all the customer service was second to none. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear Val M,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review, I am glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed the food,. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff.

Next time you are in Nashville please stop by and see us again,

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed here because my husband was going to have shoulder surgery at a nearby hospital. We chose to stay there because of the free van shuttle service that will take you to and fro a nearby location if you give them a 30 minute pick-up notice. However, I never waited that long for the van and it so convenient to use in a downtown busy area. I did not ever drive while there and when I finally picked up our car in a nearby parking garage, the valet service man escorted me with his umbrella as it was raining. He walked me right to my car in a parking garage behind the hotel without me even thinking of asking him. The amenities were great as they had a nice sized pool and a hot tub that was well-heated. The area was clean and everything worked!! Also, the fitness room had good brand aerobic machines with all new dumb bell sized weights. I am a fitness nut so for me to have good equipment and a clean and heated pool and hot tub area was well worth using after a stressful day at the hospital. Also, the room service was excellent as they went out of their way to help us because again, we had the discomforts of the post-op surgery. The staff at the front desk were accommodating and friendly and everywhere in the hotel I went, the maids, waiters, valet service men, and the managers were very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was right near all the restaurants by Vanderbilty University. It was a safe area and within easy walking distance of Westend area and near lots of green space. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes amentities, cleaniliness, and a friendly staff within a very desirable area of downtown Nashville.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Lisa B,

On behalf of the satff of the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt I want to say thank you for your tripadvisor review. Your kind comments have been shared with our entire staff.

I do hope your husband is fully recovered from his shoulder surgery and that the next time you folks are here in Nashville is for pure pleasure.

Please come back and see us next time you are here in town as we would love to have you as our guest once again.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

What a lovely hotel!! Room was a delight, comfy sleep# type bed, fridge,coffe maker, and the hairdryer was the best I have ever used in a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Travelsouth,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review, we are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us,

Please come back and stay with us next time you are here in Nashville.

Sincelrely,