“Nice stay in great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband, brother and myself stayed here for three nights as part of a visit to Nashville for a UFC event. The hotel is in a wonderful location for eating, drinking and visiting downtown, though not inside the inner interstate loop. There are several restaurants and bars within walking distance down Broadway from hotel, as is Vanderbilt University. The hotel provides a free shuttle going anywhere within a 3-mile radius which was terrific and drops off across the street from entrance to Bridgestone Arena. The hotel support, staff, cleanliness and all things within the hotel were great. Very nice workout facilities and indoor pool. Breakfast at hotel restaurant was good and affordable in comparison to area costs (but would have been nice to have included for price). Bed was adjustable so you could make it firmer or softer and they have TONS of cable channels. Would stay again.

The only drawback for me was the $20 per day to park in their dismal parking deck. It appeared to be "new", but leaked horribly (big pools of water on every floor on entrance side) and you could see huge cracks in the concrete. Lots of construction materials and debris, too. Was not connected to hotel either, so you had to walk out of the deck and then into the side/valet entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Broadway or northeast (facing downtown) are best to avoid looking and hearing construct...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Houselover77,

On behalf of our entire staff I wnat to say thank you for your Tripadvisor review, Your comments and observations have been shared with our associates.
Your comments on the parking lot have been noted and we are currently working on improving our operation.
We hope to see you next time you are here in Nashville.

General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Hospitality at it's finest! The location is great and you can't beat the shuttle service. Rooms are clean and well equipped. The staff is over the top, from check in to check out it doesn't get any better. I will be back!!!

Room Tip: High floors=Great view of the city
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear Cstanfill,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to say thank you for your excellent Trip Advisor review.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, I have shared your comments with our entire staff.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Hilton Garden Inn is conveniently situated and has a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. The rooms are lovely and spacious and clean. Comfy beds. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I had a lovely stay

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Annieinsaudi,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashvilee Vanderbilt, thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

Your kind words have been shared with our entire staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I've been staying at the Hilton Garden Vandy for work over the past year and a half. It is without a doubt the best bang for your buck in Nashville...let me elaborate. It's located in midtown near the Vandy campus, one of the trendier places in Nashville. It's a free shuttle ride away from downtown (Tootsies, The Stage, Hockey Arena etc.), 15 mins from the airport and loaded with great restaurants, bars and live music venues all within walking distance...by that I mean 2 blocks. More importantly however, the rooms, cleanliness and customer service is equal to a 4/5 Star Hotel. From the sales representatives and the front desk employees to the valet's, I have yet to run into an employee that didn't make me feel extremely welcomed. Each and every one of them will bend over backwards to improve your stay. Whether you're a frequent traveler to Nashville or just vacationing for a couple of days, you can't beat the price, location and customer service of this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Scott A

Dear Scott A,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, we are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have shared your comments with our entire staff, we hope to see you again next time you are here in Nashville.

SIncerely,

Reviewed 9 January 2012

I just recently had my wedding reception at the Hilton Garden Inn and everything about it was fabulous. The staff was amazing and the accommodations were excellent. My new husband and I stayed the night in the honeymoon suite on the top floor, and the room was perfect. We loved our stay and working with the great staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Jordan K,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to say congratulations to you and your wife on your marriage.

Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our associates are always anxious to receive feeback from our guests, your comments have been shared during our staff meetings.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Direct General held their Holiday Party here for the last 2 years and it was awesome. Everything was decorated beautiful. The food was geat. We had everything set up for us so that we didn't have any worries. Hilton Garden Employees were always available throughout the party if anything was needed. We will definately have our party at Hilton again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Mary A,

On behalf of our entire staff I would like to say thank you for your great review, we are glad you enjoyed your Holiday party at our hotel.

Your comments have been shared with our entire staff.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We held our wedding reception here and were not pleased with the service we received. One of our biggest complaints is that we were bumped from the honeymoon suite and never told. When we arrived after our ceremony my husband stopped at the front to get our key and was handed the key to a different room. After questioning why we were moved from the room we were promised we found out that someone else had booked the room 6 weeks prior (we had our reception booked 3-4 months prior) and so despite us having it booked before them we were moved to a different room on another floor. This was our welcome to our wedding reception. Looking over reviews on this website it looks like multiple people have been bumped from the rooms they booked in advance so I would just be cautious when booking. "Priority" customers get what they want and it appears to be at the expense of others.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather C
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear Heather C,

Thank you for recently staying with us and having your wedding reception here at our hotel, first of all I want to say congratulations to you and your husband on your marriage, we wish you the best on your new life as a couple.

On behalf of our entire staff I want to express to you how sorry we are you did not get to stay in our honey moon suite, we only have one suite of this kind and I am extrermely sorry it was occupied on the day you stayed here. I can only imagine how dissapointing that was.

It is my understanding that our Sales manager has invited you back to stay with us free of charge, please let me know when you are coming back as I will personally make sure every thing goes smooth with your stay, I will ensure the honey moon suite is available for you and will take care of every detail of your stay.

Once again, congratulations on your marriage and thank you for your trip advisor review, your comments have been shared with all our associates.