“Greater Southern Hospitality”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #30 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Excellent location, free shuttle service anywhere you want to go. Call them and they pick you up.
Very friendly hotel staff, clean affordable rooms. Wonderful place to stay will definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Dave1545,

Our entire staff is thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay with us and on their behalf I want to say thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are here in Nashville.

Juan C Mera

Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

When I first called to book our trip, the fellow who answered continually placed me on hold and eventually asked to return my call at a later time. He seemed nice enough, and later offered to upgrade us to a corner room. I had asked for a room with a view, if possible, as it was not only a trip to celebrate my 30th birthday, but the first trip my husband and I had ever taken alone together. The view we were greeted with was that of a run down carwash/gas station.

But, down to the meat of the review. The beds are supposed to be adjustable. Ours must have been stuck on the "granite" setting. I awoke at 6 am saying, "Oh my god, it hurts..." I spent part of the morning in tears, as I had spent $200 a night to spend my birthday in the most uncomfortable bed I've ever been in. I went to the front desk. I told the attendant that the bed settings were broken, and that the carpet was softer than that mattress. He showed no remorse, never said that he was sorry I had a miserable night. He asked my room number and said he would send someone to check on it. He never did. No one visited our room.

I awoke the next morning at 5am in tears again. By 6 am, I was at the front desk, in my pajamas, crying to the attendant. I couldn't even stand up straight. I told him again about the bed, he didn't seem to care. I also mentioned that, according to the bill that had been slipped under our door, parking was not a flat $20, but was a per diem, which was not disclosed to us previously. I called the general manager's (Juan Mera) cell phone at 6:30 am and left a message to tell him how dissatisfied we were. We checked out at 7 am so we could get home to our own beds.

The breakfast was okay. The waffles are yummy, but there were dead gnats in the fruit. And a server dripped dirty dish fluid on a friend. Never acknowledged the milk running down my friends arm, just left him to clean himself up.

Oh, and the shower head fell apart while I was using it.

All in all, I would honestly rather sleep in my car, parked at the nasty car wash/gas station in the middle of the ghetto, than visit a Hilton Garden Inn.

(Mr. Mera returned my call when were halfway home. He was incredibly unprofessional. He greeted me with, "You called me from this number?" I was caught off-guard, thinking maybe it was a wrong number, because if he had simply checked his voice message, he would know who was calling. I asked who was speaking. He responded with, "Who were you trying to call?" in a hostile tone. I knew then that even if I had had a good experience, that I will never stay somewhere that pays this man's salary.)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lyndsay M

Dear Lindsay M,

I wanted to personally write to you and tell you how sorry I am about the issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel but more importantly to let you know once again how deeply sorry I feel about our interaction over the phone.

When I saw a missed call on my cell phone at 6am and returned the call I thought it was someone who had dialed the wong number. I do apologize if I came across in a hostile manner as it was not my intention whatsoever.

I am glad we have eventually spoken about this incident and I do hope you have accepted my sincere apologies, I also hope that you give us another chance and come back to stay in our hotel as I will personally make sure every thing is perfect during your stay.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Very enjoyable stay. We are not "seasoned" travelers so we were not sure what to expect.
We were in Nashville for college visits with our son, so our days were long and filled with lots
of walking! When we returned each afternoon, our room was as clean and fresh as when we first checked in. So nice to come in to. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The shuttle was a real plus, and we never had to wait more than 10 min. This hotel is CLEAN, friendly and close to lots of restaurants (including Gigi's Cupcakes!!!) We would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Lifemom,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly.

We would love to have you back at our hotel next time you are here in Nashville.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Long story short, we were first at a dreadful hotel (the Millenium Maxwell House) due to a bad Priceline bid. After one night there, we fled. Ended up paying a lot more for hotels than we wanted since our Priceline bid was not refundable, but it was worth every penny to relocate to the Hilton Garden Inn. Every time we walked in, we signed with relief.

This hotel is near Vandy, and convenient to many restaurants and bars. There's lots to walk to easily. They hotel also has a shuttle, so we took advantage of that. Parking is $20/day, but what can you do about that. They did offer valet for the same price as self park, so we used valet, and gave them a call when we headed down and the car was always waiting for us when we got to the valet stand. Nice. All around, service was very good.

The property is very nice. Not sure how old it is, but it's clean and very comfortable. The hvac unit was a bit noisy, but aren't they all? The bed was comfy. Free wifi. They had a restaruant on site, although we didn't eat there. Coffee and fruit in the lobby all day, as well as cookies in the afternoon. The gym was nice. The pool/hot tub are indoors, which is a bit weird, but guess that means you can use it year round.

If we go back to Nashville, we'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, and at first we were worried about noise, but it was a non-issue. In g...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan3557

Dear Susan3557,

Thank you for your excellent Trip Advisor review, your comments have been shared with our entire staff.

To answer your question, our hotel opened in June of 2009.

We do hope to see you again next time you are here in Nashville.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Very enjoyable stay, very nice property, however it was farther from the downtown area than I thought (I had assumed that it was walking distance which it is not). They did have a free shuttle to take you downtown and back, but we did wait quite a while for the return trip home.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Dear MK,

Thank you for recently staying with us,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to thank you for your review. You are correct, our hotel is located one mile and a half west of the downtown area and even though I have seen many guests walk that distance I would recommend taking the shuttle.

Your comments have been shared with our staff.

Please come back and see us again next time you are here in Nashville.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked our trip with Expedia and our trip included King rooms with Whirlpools and despite calling ahead two days before arriving and requesting an early check-in(We had left our home airport at 1:00am Nashville time) our rooms were still not ready until after 4:00 pm. My hubby had a bout of the flu the day we were arrived and had to stretch out on the couch in the lobby library. Gerry certainly wasn't very accomodating and eventually put us in a smoking room. We didn't bother mentioning it as heaven only knows what we may have incurred! Upon check-out he motioned us to the other staff member.Having said the above, the rest of the staff were exceptionally efficient and friendly. The shuttle drivers especialliy Jennifer and George went out of their way to accomodate our requests. Kudos to them. The hotel was immaculate and the rooms were spacious. Would I stay again? Certainly not before 4:00pm!!

Room Tip: Don't arrive early as you will have a long wait and be treated rudely
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marlin121

Dear Marlin121,

Thank for your trip advisor review.

I am very sorry your room was not ready until after 4pm, your comments have been shared with our entire staff specially with those you mentioned.

We do hope you stay with us again next time you are here in Nashville, I will personally make sure every thing goes smooth with your stay, including an early check in.

General Manger

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had a corner room on the 8th floor and were treated to a really cool view of downtown Nashville's skyline all night long, not to mention people-watching on the streets below. Bed was comfy as usual, and the TV had a Comcast box with lots of HD channels, a far better channel selection than normal. Only quirk was that we couldn't turn off the closed captions. Also beware that parking isn't free.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Quantro8

Dear Quantro8,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to say thank you for staying with us.

Your awesome review has been shared with our associates and we do hope to see you again next tome you are here in Nashville.