“Excellent Hotel and Excellent Value Given Proximity to Downtown”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 May 2012

In town for the Nashville St. Judes 1/2 marathon. Due to availability I had to move hotels on the Sunday in order to get closer to downtown. Although no fault in the first hotel, I was especially impressed with the service, location and price of the second hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Vanderbilt.
There was a slight blip in my reservation upon check-in but I was very pleased with how courteously and professionally it was dealt with. My room had a bay window (the Evolution Room?) which, as long as you didn't look straight down into the carwash below offered sweeping views of the hills and the city skyline. Bed was incredibly comfortable and the complimentary breakfast (I think thrown in due to the slight blip) was outstanding with omelettes made to order. Shell mini-mart right across the street for snacks and drinks was nice

I know they offer a shuttle but I often prefer to walk (build up a thirst) and it is a safe 15 minutes to the heart of Broadway should you prefer to go this way. Given what was the price differential between being in the core and this location I feel this was excellent value for the money.
Finally, I booked an airport shuttle for 3 PM with the front desk on my final day. Although not concerned, by 3:02 the front desk staff was already following up by phone to see the cause of delay - very impressive.
Will not hesitate to stay here again and look forward to it because Nashville was a hoot.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay Window Room, preferably high up
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank traveldad11
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Traveldad11,

Thank you for your excellent Tripadvisor review, we are glad that even though it was due to an over book situation at another hotel, we were able to have you as our guest.

Your comments have been shared with our entire staff and we do hope to see you once again next time you are here in Nashville.

General manager

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Attended a two day business meeting at the HGI Vanderbilt. The meeting/banquet staff were courteous, attentive and very competent. Also found the guest room to be very clean and the bed very comfortable. Plenty of dining options in the walking area, and comp shuttle to Music Row. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear David D,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to say thank your excellent Trip Advisor review, we are thrilled your business meeting went well and you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please come back and see is again next time your are here in Nashville.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

My son is a high school senior and has been accepted to Vanderbilt U. We decided to visit the place to see if he should spend the upcoming 4 yrs. there. While we decided that the school is not for him, our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was very pleasant. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic. We used the shuttle once to go downtown and enjoy some music. We also used an airport shuttle, so we did not have our own vehicle. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Steve U,

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt I want to say thank you for your excellent survey.

Your comments have been shared with our associates, we do hope to see you again in the near future.

SIncerely,

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the rooms and amenities were great. I found the bed to be incredibly comfortable, no back pain for me during this stay. I will definitely stay here on my next Nashville visit. Thanks, Alison E.

Dear Alison E,

Thank you for your kind words, your review has been shared with our entire staff.

We are extremely happy you found our adjustable beds to be comfortable and had a good stay,

Please come back and see us again you are here in Nashville.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Its a nice place although we were charged 20 dollars to park.
The desk clerks were not very friendly and the beds were horrible. I think they were broken.
Very good location

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Billn39,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. On behalf of our entire staff I want to apologize for our shortcomings, your comments have been shared with our staff and they will only help us improve.

We do hope to see you again next time you are here in Nashville, I will personally make sure every thing goes smooth with your stay.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is one of the best Hilton Garden Inns out there. Excellent location, within walking distance to downtown (a little bit of a jaunt, but not bad) and music row and Vanderbilt. Many restaurants within an easy walk PLUS they offer a shuttle. I love the fresh fruit that is left in the foyer area of each floor. Rooms are always clean and well kept. Hilton should be proud to have its name affiliated with this property.

Dear Mwright4,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt I want to say thank you for your excellent Trip Advisor review.

Your comments have been shared with our entire staff and we are all thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again next time you are here in town!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed here for a friends wedding. The reception was held on the top floor. This hotel is new and has a parking garage attached to it. One bonus to this hotel was the shuttle service willing to take us to local bars in the Midtown-12 Ave area. We cabbed it back. Overall a nice stay, which means my reasonable expectations were met. I would recommend this property. There was/is construction to building adjacent to the hotel, we did not hear or observe any building or construction during our stay. Even as a Hilton Diamond member staying on points, I still had to pay for parking. Not a deal breaker, but not surprising considering the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear James J,

On behalf of our etire staff I want to say thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We hope you had fun at your friends wedding, we thought it was a complete success.

Next time you are here in Nashville, please come back and stay with us again.