“Good stay!! Park elsewhere to save $”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #25 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Good stay!! Park elsewhere to save $”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We checked into Hilton Garden Inn after a 2 night stay at Home2Suites. We didn't have a reservation, and they were quick to let me know of a discounted room they had available due to someone smoking in it. We were only going to be in the room long enough to sleep, so we decided to take it. They offer a shuttle service, in fact same as Home2Suites, and that came in handy. The location is great with several mid-town bars within walking distance. The room was roomy with a king sized bed, nice cherry furniture, and a microwave and fridge. When we got back to the room that evening, we had no tv channels because of a problem with the cable. They were quick to take about half off of our bill for the inconvenience, which worked out great, since we were ready to pass out anyways. I would advise parking somewhere else. $25 per night is outrageous, but seems to be the norm for this area. We parked in $5 parking Downtown and took the shuttle, which saved us $20. Chase and Austin both great shuttle drivers. The breakfast was AWESOME! Probably the best I have ever had, and it was also comped. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy S
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Stacy S,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff was accomodating during your time here. We think our location is excellent. We are close to Vanderbilt and the bars in Midtown, and we are about a mile from downtown. It's a short walk, or you can take our complimentary shuttle downtown. Parking is $25 for valet, and we offer $22 for self parking. Both rates are comparable in the area, but I understand the surprise. We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Scheduled a two-night stay at this facility, based on its vicinity to Vanderbilt and the fact that it had a shuttle for transportation. Upon arrival, we were given the option of self-parking or valet parking for either $22 or $25 per night. The attendant was extremely friendly and very helpful. Checking in was equally effortless and friendly.

The room was clean and well appointed, with a mini-fridge and a microwave. The two queen beds are equipped with a mechanism to adjust firmness, though I didn't find the dial until the second night (it's on the side under the bottom sheet) and I'm not sure I noticed any difference. The bed wasn't bad. Though there were obviously some families around us, the room was very quiet with no outside noise ascertainable.

The shuttle was nice; it is a full-sized van and our driver, Ian, was friendly and helpful. They have a three-mile radius for delivery and you get a card for pick-ups. My daughter took advantage of it with no issues at all. Considering the traffic in the downtown area, it's a great service.

My only issue was a housekeeping one. On our first night, I noticed that one of our glasses had a dried on lipstick stain; I called and got another glass, which was promptly delivered. After a long day out in Nashville, we came back to our room and, while everything else was made up and cleaned, the original glass was still there, as well as our glasses from the previous night and the glass in the bathroom I used. The coffeemaker, which works well and had Starbucks Verona coffee packets (quite good for hotel coffee) did have the coffee packet from the previous morning replaced, but no new coffee cup or new sugar/creamer/stirrer packet to replace the ones I'd used the day before. A small quibble, but one that would have been a bigger issue had my wife (who also drinks coffee) been with me.

Otherwise, a very good stay. I'd recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear CheckMan,

Thank your for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the stay and were able to take advantage of our amenities. Thank you also for your comments about one of our shuttle drivers. I will be certain to pass along your comments to our team. I am sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with housekeeping. Your comments will help us correct our issues. We can't wait to have you back the next time you're in Nashville.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I expect Hilton Garden Inn to meet a certain standard and they always do. I was surprised with a $25 parking fee when I arrived but I guess I should have researched better. The staff was friendly and my room was perfect with ONE BIG EXCEPTION. The shower head was just pathetic. I mean even Tom Bodett would find this inadequate. If I had booked for more than one night I would have left early for this reason alone. Maybe this problme was just in one room? Don't know and won't find out. Oh, breakfast was very good for a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear BamaBarcoder,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I apologize for the issues that you experienced, but I hope that the rest of the stay was enjoyable. We would love to have you back when you return to Nashville.
Aurora, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The elevator area of the first floor reeks of chlorine from the pool, there was hair on the soap shelf in the shower. The food portions were huge, and not very tasty. On the floor in the restaurant, there was garbage on the floor, and the next morning, it was still there during breakfast. I used the shuttle three times, and the second time, it took over 30 minutes and five phone calls to arrive while I was waiting there after hours. Not the best hotel experience ever...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Kimberly S
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel in downtown Nashville and we loved it! The staff was very polite and helpful and the rooms were nice and clean. It also offered a free shuttle service within two miles and was only a $5 dollar cab ride downtown. My only complaints would be that our room's air conditioning had a hard time staying at the temp we set it at, but only fluctuated within 5 degrees or so. The shuttle service and restaurant were also a little slow at times, but overall this is a great hotel and a decent price!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jbthatsme,

Thank your for sharing your thoughts. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the air conditioning. I hope that you let our maintenance team so that we can get that issue corrected. I hope the rest of your stay and the many amenities offered made up for this. We would love to have you back the next time in Nashville.
Memphis
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We needed to stay in Nashville for appointments at Vanderbilt Cancer center. The hotel is perfectly located and the service was great. They offer a free shuttle to and from the hotel and our driver, Ian, was wonderful. The front desk and restaurant staff were very helpful as well, offering great service and advice for local attractions.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Lyne D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be certain to pass your notes along to the staff. We would love to have you back at the hotel, and hopefully your next visit will be for a more leisurely experience.
Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Although breakfast is not included, and parking costs you, this hotel stands out as stellar in a tight market near Vanderbilt. You can walk to great breakfast locations and to the Vandy campus with ease. There is a shuttle that stays busy taking guests to downtown attractions and to anywhere nearby that is perhaps too busy only on major graduation or convention weekends. Staff is amazingly courteous and the rooms are spotless and updated. We have stayed in several Vandy hotels over the last five years, and the entire family prefers the Hilton Garden Inn which somehow seems cozy and personal despite being quite in demand. Free parking and breakfasts at the Hampton Inn Elliston Place but the Hilton Garden Inn still wins out with its upscale facilities and personal front desk staff.

Room Tip: We like the double Queen rooms a lot.