“Tons of fun in Nashville” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, United States
“Tons of fun in Nashville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville. The pool was wonderful for the kids, the breakfast was always delicious and the staff was super friendly. The location is difficult to beat. We were within walking distance of tons of restaurants and bars. We even spotted a few Country Music artists. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Jeff M
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Jeff M,

Thank you for your excellent words about our hotel and staff. We love it when a guest has an enjoyable stay. I hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities while you were here. We are excited to have you back on your next trip to Nashville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Staff extremely courtious and helpful to our family and everyone I saw them interact with. This is our 3rd stay and have already booked our next at the same hotel. The breakfast buffet was delicious and staff did made to order omelets, pancakes, and french toast. Very easy to get to off the interstate. They had shuttles to the various venues into the late evening hours.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I am happy to have you as a return guest and please to see that you are continuing to enjoy your time with us. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities. We look forward to your fourth stay and beyond.
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Nashville (Vanderbuilt) HGI is an exceptional hotel. All staff was helpful and courteous. Hotel is located close to downtown with shuttle service to great food and entertainment. Would recommend ths hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Dear James W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your stay. I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities including the complimentary shuttle. I will pass your comments along to our staff. We can't wait for you to stay with us again the next time you're in town.
Royal Oak, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed two nights over the holiday. Not that it mattered but our room wasn't ready at check in time, it was OK because we weren't in town yet. When we got in the room it just felt damp but it was a Jacuzzi room so we thought nothing of it. It just didn't seem clean enough to me for some reason. The next morning I turned on shower and water went all over the bathroom. Between that and the Jacuzzi not holding water we decided to move hotels but figured we would give them another try. We were able to move to another Jacuzzi room or a king corner suite. We chose the Jacuzzi since the king corners had the lovely view of the building next door :O . This room verified my cleanliness issue. It was perfect. The hot tub and pool were great as always at HGI. Upon checkout we were given a nice discount for having to change room. I remembered at our breakfast that I saw on here to park at garage across from hotel for less than the we had to pay. I just love the new parking gimmick that all of these hotels have come up with, but what are you going to do? The shuttle was great to get downtown when it was running and the drivers were very accommodating. The hotel even covered the cab costs when the shuttle was down. Overall a decent stay for a quick weekend get away. Staff was great at hotel and restaurant in lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers have better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear B L,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with your first room, and I am glad that you gave us a chance to make it right. I hope the staff was accommodating to your needs and understanding of the issues. We would love to have you back on your next visit to Nashville.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We checked into Hilton Garden Inn after a 2 night stay at Home2Suites. We didn't have a reservation, and they were quick to let me know of a discounted room they had available due to someone smoking in it. We were only going to be in the room long enough to sleep, so we decided to take it. They offer a shuttle service, in fact same as Home2Suites, and that came in handy. The location is great with several mid-town bars within walking distance. The room was roomy with a king sized bed, nice cherry furniture, and a microwave and fridge. When we got back to the room that evening, we had no tv channels because of a problem with the cable. They were quick to take about half off of our bill for the inconvenience, which worked out great, since we were ready to pass out anyways. I would advise parking somewhere else. $25 per night is outrageous, but seems to be the norm for this area. We parked in $5 parking Downtown and took the shuttle, which saved us $20. Chase and Austin both great shuttle drivers. The breakfast was AWESOME! Probably the best I have ever had, and it was also comped. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy S
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Stacy S,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff was accomodating during your time here. We think our location is excellent. We are close to Vanderbilt and the bars in Midtown, and we are about a mile from downtown. It's a short walk, or you can take our complimentary shuttle downtown. Parking is $25 for valet, and we offer $22 for self parking. Both rates are comparable in the area, but I understand the surprise. We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in town.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Scheduled a two-night stay at this facility, based on its vicinity to Vanderbilt and the fact that it had a shuttle for transportation. Upon arrival, we were given the option of self-parking or valet parking for either $22 or $25 per night. The attendant was extremely friendly and very helpful. Checking in was equally effortless and friendly.

The room was clean and well appointed, with a mini-fridge and a microwave. The two queen beds are equipped with a mechanism to adjust firmness, though I didn't find the dial until the second night (it's on the side under the bottom sheet) and I'm not sure I noticed any difference. The bed wasn't bad. Though there were obviously some families around us, the room was very quiet with no outside noise ascertainable.

The shuttle was nice; it is a full-sized van and our driver, Ian, was friendly and helpful. They have a three-mile radius for delivery and you get a card for pick-ups. My daughter took advantage of it with no issues at all. Considering the traffic in the downtown area, it's a great service.

My only issue was a housekeeping one. On our first night, I noticed that one of our glasses had a dried on lipstick stain; I called and got another glass, which was promptly delivered. After a long day out in Nashville, we came back to our room and, while everything else was made up and cleaned, the original glass was still there, as well as our glasses from the previous night and the glass in the bathroom I used. The coffeemaker, which works well and had Starbucks Verona coffee packets (quite good for hotel coffee) did have the coffee packet from the previous morning replaced, but no new coffee cup or new sugar/creamer/stirrer packet to replace the ones I'd used the day before. A small quibble, but one that would have been a bigger issue had my wife (who also drinks coffee) been with me.

Otherwise, a very good stay. I'd recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear CheckMan,

Thank your for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the stay and were able to take advantage of our amenities. Thank you also for your comments about one of our shuttle drivers. I will be certain to pass along your comments to our team. I am sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with housekeeping. Your comments will help us correct our issues. We can't wait to have you back the next time you're in Nashville.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I expect Hilton Garden Inn to meet a certain standard and they always do. I was surprised with a $25 parking fee when I arrived but I guess I should have researched better. The staff was friendly and my room was perfect with ONE BIG EXCEPTION. The shower head was just pathetic. I mean even Tom Bodett would find this inadequate. If I had booked for more than one night I would have left early for this reason alone. Maybe this problme was just in one room? Don't know and won't find out. Oh, breakfast was very good for a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear BamaBarcoder,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I apologize for the issues that you experienced, but I hope that the rest of the stay was enjoyable. We would love to have you back when you return to Nashville.