“Busy week in Nashville”

Ranked #25 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Busy week in Nashville”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The hotel is located in a great area and the facility overall is good. The breakfast was fantastic. The downside was the bath tub/shower. There were cracked tiles and missing caulk/grout which left room for mold/mildew. (Not exactly how I prefer to bathe.) Hopefully, this was not the normal room; for one night it was sufficient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry to hear about the bathroom issue, and I can assure you that it is not a normal room at the hotel. Our maintenance staff will make sure that all grout/caulking is adequate for each room to ensure no other guest has a similar experience. I do hope the rest of your stay in Nashville was enjoyable, and we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We were there for four days while a family member was on life support. They got to know us and showed compassion beyond words. They prayed for us, sent flowers when he passed. Went above and beyond. You can't buy that. Worth every dime. Wonderful, wonderful staff and facility. Love you Edward.

• Stayed June 2013
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear FrostedBoots,

Thank you so much for your comments, and I am sorry for your family's loss. I am glad to see that our staff was caring and understanding during this difficult time for your family. I hope that you stay with us again on your next trip, and I hope that it is under much happier circumstances.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville. The pool was wonderful for the kids, the breakfast was always delicious and the staff was super friendly. The location is difficult to beat. We were within walking distance of tons of restaurants and bars. We even spotted a few Country Music artists. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Jeff M
Dear Jeff M,

Thank you for your excellent words about our hotel and staff. We love it when a guest has an enjoyable stay. I hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities while you were here. We are excited to have you back on your next trip to Nashville.
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Staff extremely courtious and helpful to our family and everyone I saw them interact with. This is our 3rd stay and have already booked our next at the same hotel. The breakfast buffet was delicious and staff did made to order omelets, pancakes, and french toast. Very easy to get to off the interstate. They had shuttles to the various venues into the late evening hours.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I am happy to have you as a return guest and please to see that you are continuing to enjoy your time with us. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities. We look forward to your fourth stay and beyond.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Nashville (Vanderbuilt) HGI is an exceptional hotel. All staff was helpful and courteous. Hotel is located close to downtown with shuttle service to great food and entertainment. Would recommend ths hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Dear James W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your stay. I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities including the complimentary shuttle. I will pass your comments along to our staff. We can't wait for you to stay with us again the next time you're in town.
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed two nights over the holiday. Not that it mattered but our room wasn't ready at check in time, it was OK because we weren't in town yet. When we got in the room it just felt damp but it was a Jacuzzi room so we thought nothing of it. It just didn't seem clean enough to me for some reason. The next morning I turned on shower and water went all over the bathroom. Between that and the Jacuzzi not holding water we decided to move hotels but figured we would give them another try. We were able to move to another Jacuzzi room or a king corner suite. We chose the Jacuzzi since the king corners had the lovely view of the building next door :O . This room verified my cleanliness issue. It was perfect. The hot tub and pool were great as always at HGI. Upon checkout we were given a nice discount for having to change room. I remembered at our breakfast that I saw on here to park at garage across from hotel for less than the we had to pay. I just love the new parking gimmick that all of these hotels have come up with, but what are you going to do? The shuttle was great to get downtown when it was running and the drivers were very accommodating. The hotel even covered the cab costs when the shuttle was down. Overall a decent stay for a quick weekend get away. Staff was great at hotel and restaurant in lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers have better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear B L,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with your first room, and I am glad that you gave us a chance to make it right. I hope the staff was accommodating to your needs and understanding of the issues. We would love to have you back on your next visit to Nashville.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We checked into Hilton Garden Inn after a 2 night stay at Home2Suites. We didn't have a reservation, and they were quick to let me know of a discounted room they had available due to someone smoking in it. We were only going to be in the room long enough to sleep, so we decided to take it. They offer a shuttle service, in fact same as Home2Suites, and that came in handy. The location is great with several mid-town bars within walking distance. The room was roomy with a king sized bed, nice cherry furniture, and a microwave and fridge. When we got back to the room that evening, we had no tv channels because of a problem with the cable. They were quick to take about half off of our bill for the inconvenience, which worked out great, since we were ready to pass out anyways. I would advise parking somewhere else. $25 per night is outrageous, but seems to be the norm for this area. We parked in $5 parking Downtown and took the shuttle, which saved us $20. Chase and Austin both great shuttle drivers. The breakfast was AWESOME! Probably the best I have ever had, and it was also comped. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy S
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Stacy S,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff was accomodating during your time here. We think our location is excellent. We are close to Vanderbilt and the bars in Midtown, and we are about a mile from downtown. It's a short walk, or you can take our complimentary shuttle downtown. Parking is $25 for valet, and we offer $22 for self parking. Both rates are comparable in the area, but I understand the surprise. We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in town.