Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,705 results
All reviewsfront deskfree shuttleshuttle servicewithin a mile radiusnashville vanderbiltmusic rowparking garageself parkhotel shuttlewest endrestaurants and barsthe entire staffdowntown areahousekeeping staffper dayhgilarry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I took a three-day jaunt to Nashville to see RiffTrax Live at The Belcourt Theatre (hilarious, btw! Try it out if you're a fan of MST3k). I had accumulated a boatload of HHonors points from work-related stays, so we reserved an upgraded room on those. The room I reserved was what we got (saw on TA this may have been an issue in the past. Wasn't with me). Check-in was smooth and friendly. The fellow running the desk at the time (Chayne?) did his bit efficiently and answered a couple of questions on the spot. Room was plenty comfortable. The only minor hiccup I might have had was that the A/C and heater thermostat required me to give it a funny look before it reacted to the adjustments (we're from Humidville, USA and like our instant gratification when heating and cooling. Not at all a dealbreaker, just a quirk I had to figure out. Raise your right eyebrow and stare at it for about fifteen seconds after making a 3 degree adjustment to the temp). Another front desk staffer whose name I completely spaced on (taller fellow of skinny build) was on the spot with answers about food, cabs, and how to get to different places nearby. If you're a walking person who doesn't mind a red nose when leaving Wanna B's Karaoke Bar near the 200 block of Broad Way, this place is a straight line down. Cab rides are six bucks if you're not a walking person. Good food is nearby (another quick walk), and it's a very short drive to anything in the Hillsboro/Vandy area (and I love TN on several levels except for their driving style. . . kinda aggressive for someone who made his wife take the same defensive driver course that I have to maintain at my place of work. Ah well, if I can drive in L.A., Houston, OKC, and rural PA without incident, I can drive in TN without incident). We'll be back for whatever RiffTrax screens next spring, and we'll most likely stay here again because these guys were awesome to us.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Kenneth S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. I'm thrilled we were able to assist in making your stay with us a memorable one! From the looks of it you really enjoyed, and toured, Nashville. Your kind words regarding Cheyne and the other associate are much appreciated it. We look forward to your next trip to Nashville!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Hilton company should promote whoever hires and trains the staff at this location - this team is phenomenal! The first property in any chain at any site where the desk clerk introduced himself by name to the two of us and shook our hands!

Our room was quiet, clean, and current, furnished with mini-fridge and microwave. Wifi was fast. Nice amenities in the bathroom, though the water pressure in the shower was low. Nice lounge/dining area off the lobby and a private business center.

Only criticism was the price of the extras: $22/night to park, breakfast - $11.99. For what we paid for the room, this should have been complimentary. Also would have been nice to receive a morning paper rather than being asked to pay $2 as we checked out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Anty K,

Wow! What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for your kind words. We have actually worked very hard in recent months building our new team. I cannot express to you how great it feels to see feedback such as your and knowing our plan is working. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel was very clean. The staff was so wonderful and accomodating. Great location, great breakfast, great value. The front desk staff was the most professional and courteous staff I have encountered. We were checked in in record time and everyone you saw that worked there greeted you with a smile and a hello.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Megan W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. I'm thrilled to learn that you really enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. We have done a lot of work in recent months re-training and re-staffing. I cannot wait to share your review with the staff! We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Spent 3 nights during a recent business trip. Overall, the stay was ok. Beds were comfortable. WiFi was good. Bathrooms were clean. Housekeeping staff did an excellent job. Breakfast at the Great American Grill was good, but not free ($12). I had two issues:
- Self parking rates were steep ($22/night) and the garage is shared with Home2Suites. There are two exits (one for HGI customers and other for H2S) leading you to two different streets, if you are not careful.
- I was in the 7th floor and still could hear the loud ambulance traffic at night. I was expecting appropriate sound proofing...
There are a number of good restaurants within a few blocks. If you are planning to visit Vandy, be prepared for a long uphill walk.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street (odd numbers?) are noisy (emergency vehicles)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

History4fun,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the location and many of the amenities we offer. In regards to the walk to Vanderbilt, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service that is able to bring you there next time you are in town. Our shuttle goes anywhere within 2 miles! :) Again, thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The best thing about this hotel was it's location to downtown. The rooms were quite dated and shabby although the bed was comfy. We had a junior suite but the seating area was very dark, even with lights on.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.

TMH1_12,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your adjustable beds! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Nashville. Next time you are in town we would love to have you stay with us again.