“Outstanding Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

There has never been a time in my life where I have been looking forward to providing feedback for service. The service I received during my recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn not only made me want to provide feedback about my positive experience, but it has also cemented me as a loyal customer in the future. My trip started off a little bumpy when I ended up starting my morning at 3:30 am to catch my flight to Nashville. After getting to the airport in Nashville at 8am my guest and I were extremely exhausted, and we phoned the hotel to see if there was any chance we could check in to our room early. The two gentlemen at the desk on the morning of November 8th were incredibly helpful, and when we arrived at the hotel less than 20 minutes after our phone call they had our key waiting for us to head up to our room. The fact that they went out of their way to have our room available at 8:30am so we could check in and sleep was so helpful, and their pleasant attitude made it even better. After catching up on some sleep we stopped by the front desk where the two gentlemen once again recommended an outstanding restaurant, and even provide a coupon for our meal. While the service provided might seem minor to some people it really stood out to me. Finally, I just want to say that this was my second outstanding visit to this particular Hilton Garden Inn. It was thanks to this visit that I will be attending graduate school at Vanderbilt University starting in the fall of 2014, and over the next two years my fiancee and I will have multiple family members and friends coming to visit for different events. I will recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to each and every person that comes to visit, and I can also say that I will be a loyal customer to this hotel during the many trips I take back to Vanderbilt after I graduate. Thank you so much for your great service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Jared K,

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. I believe the gentlemen that took care of you when you arrived were Cheyne and Matthew. I will be sharing your comments regarding their service with them immediately. They both do a fantastic job taking care of our guests. Its associates like the two of them that set us apart from our neighbors. Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance into Vanderbilt's Graduate program! We look forward to being your second home during your tenure with Vandy! Thank you again for your kind words, we cannot express enough how much we appreciate you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Hermitage, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I give this hotel five stars. The food was great! The staff was friendly and nice. The hotel room suite was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in. Would definitely stay here again. I couldn't have found a better hotel for my family and I. The hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Courtney F,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We hold ourselves to the highest of standards when it comes to servicing our guests. It is always nice to get feedback from our guests confirming that we are able to provide what we set out to. We look forward to your next visit. Come see us again soon!
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel. I came In to town to visit with some friends.

Hotel:Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, and the beds were comfortable.

Location: Easy access to downtown and mid town restaurants and bars.

Price: much better value then the cost of others hotels in the area

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Migs2216,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is our goal to have every guest leave with a smile on their face, and it looks like we were able to achieve this goal with you. :) Please keep us in mind again next time you are in town, we would love to have you as a repeat guest! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Memphis
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed at this property several times and each time was consistently good. However, on my last stay the power went out in the area so the staff was going 100mph. Not only did they do all they could to accommodate each guest (despite the attitudes of each guest) they did so with complete grace. They offered whatever they could to make up the inconvenience that the lack of power created. Given that it was not the hotels fault, I thought this showed true a true customer service attitude. Due to this situation and the positive experiences I have had each time, I will make this my first choice on Nashville hotels.
Kudos to the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
memphishusky,

Wow. What a night that was, huh? I cannot express how much it means to the staff here how our hard work during the unfortunate circumstances due to the power outage was noticed and appreciated. I'm thrilled that even with no power we were able to provide the level of service that we have all come to expect from ourselves. Thank you so much for your kind words. Also thank you for your repeat business! We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Toledo, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The shuttle drivers were all very nice and friendly. Were extremely polite. This was a very nice service. The rooms were clean and the staff very accommodating. We were there on a delayed honeymoon and really enjoyed ourselves. We definitely want to go back to Nashville and will most likely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again. It was away from the hustle and bustle but with the free shuttle, we were able to spend as much time as we wanted downtown.

Janet T,

We're so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the shuttle drivers. They always work so hard to provide exceptional service for our guests, it's always nice when our guests take notice. I see you are potentially planning another trip to Nashville soon. We would LOVE to have you again as our guests. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for your kind words.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I planned a short notice trip to Nashville and turned to my hotel of choice the Hilton Garden on Broadway and was super disappointed that I couldn't book the hotel for both of my consecutive nights. It turned out the Country Music Awards were the next night so the hotel was completely booked. I was able to stay my first night and as usual I was pleased with my accomodations. However, it seems they have a new shuttle driver who absolutely had no clue how to find TPAC. This is a performance hall just 3 blocks off of the main strip. We also had to wait almost 45 mins for the shuttle driver to show up in the first place. They have a new Home2Suites which is also part of the Hilton Hotel Chain and the shuttle driver for the Hilton Garden was playing driver for the other hotel as well. This was highly annoying since I have seen the shuttle for Home2Suites during the daytime. To make everyone at each hotel wait as they drive back in forth isn't very accomodating. So, I would advise springing for a taxi or being prepared to wait and wait and wait. One other issue....their select the mattress firmness NEVER seems to work. I felt like I was sleeping on a hard lump the entire night and the duvet must have weighed a ton because I finally had to heave it off the bed so I didn't drench the sheets with sweat. All this said, I would still recommend this hotel. I have stayed at least 12 times and for the most part I find them accomodating and convenient.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room facing forward. If not you look at the parking deck and hear the noise from th...
Kelly T,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor! I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your time with us. In regards to the shuttle I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience. The only time the two hotels will share a shuttle is when one is in the shop for repairs (which is not often). I do understand the headache this potentially could cause. We are always here to come up with alternative outlets to get our guests where they need to be. We look forward to your next visit, and thank you so much for your repeat business.
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 November 2013

While the hotel lobby and room furnishings were fine, the air conditioning/heating unit was really loud, complete with clanks and clunks. My husband could even hear the noise as we talked on the phone!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank dana b
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dana B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. While I am very sorry that your experience with us fell below your expectations, I wanted to thank you for bringing to our attention the problems you experienced with the HVAC unit in the guest room. I tried calling you earlier today, however was unable to get through to you. I did leave you a voicemail and would love for you to call us back so we can speak to you about your stay. Our number is (615) 369-6900. Again, we are very sorry for ther HVAC not working properly. I look forward to hearing from you.