“Nice Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leesburg, FL
“Nice Location”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a nice location within walking distance of many restaurants on the west side of town away from the busyness of downtown. It is tightly surrounded by other properties so don't expect any kind of scenic view. The pool is in doors so the only place to sit outside is on the street front side patio, which seems to be typical of most places in this area. My biggest complaint is when we arrived late on a Sunday night and could not locate a luggage cart. When the manager asked how we were doing I told him we'd be great if we could find a luggage cart. His response was simply that he didn't know where they all were. Well, I think even his staff ( four of them behind the counter and only one customer standing there) were even taken back by his response as one of them hurried away and came back with a cart within minutes. Seriously Mr Manager, first impressions are so important. Other than that, the staff was very helpful and accommodating and the room was very nice. We were however told we were being put in a room on the back side because they are quieter. The street is busy and emergency vehicles use that road a lot. Not sure how I'd feel if I was kept awake by street noise.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
NMILeesburg,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. In regards to the luggage carts I'm very sorry that you were not initially helped right away... this is not the level of service we push for and this has been addressed and communicated with the staff. Thank you for letting us know. We do hope to see you again during your next visit to Nashville! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a The Hilton on May 5 and 6. The breakfast was great but it cost $11.95 plus tax whereas everywhere we travel on our holiday breakfast was included. The free courtesy shuttle was very handy and we didn't have to wait long coming or going. The staff always greeted us and were warm and friendly! Very nice place to stay but the rates were a bit pricey for Monday and Tuesday stay,

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Kristi P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. It is such great news to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad our shuttle was able to assist and getting you to all the attractions you chose to visit while in town. Also, thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff. Let us know the next time you plan a trip to Nashville!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Staff friendly and accommodating. My rate didn't include breakfast but I enjoyed the free packets of almonds, apples or oranges in the lobby, as well as the Goo Goo treat which welcomed me when I first entered my room. There are a number of restaurants around the corner and downtown is a mile away. The shuttle was a nice perk but I never used it.
Beds and pillows were comfortable. My room faced the back of the hotel and two of the five nights, it sounded like a concert was going on. At 10:45 on Tuesday I called the front desk to see what was going on. Evidently, there WAS a concert of sorts at a nearby establishment. Thankfully, it ended at 11:00 p.m.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
A2DL,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed the Goo Goo Cluster we place in each of our guest rooms before arrival. They are such a great Nashville treat! Please keep us in mind next time you are in town, and thank you again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The shuttle service was outstanding. A surprise perk that works great for Nashville. Hotel is well situated for access to a fair amount of the food and music on a vist to town. Valet parking was very good. In room Keurig machines are a very nice touch. A good place to stay in toen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank JeffreyBOxford
JeffreyBOxford,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I'm thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. Glad you enjoyed our shuttle service and Keurigs we have in each of our rooms! :) Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review us here, we LOVE feedback. Please keep us in mind next time you are in town, and thanks again :)

Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff and management during our 3 day (12) guest stay at the Hotel was unmatched. The shuttle service was not only convenient but saved our group 100's in Taxi bills. They are extremely close in relation to most anything there is to do downtown, and with just a call they were there to pick us up and drop us off at our next destination within a 2mi radius of the Hotel. The food we had for breakfast in the Hotel was made to order, and refreshingly good. I actually don't recall a bad meal our whole trip in fact. They were not only friendly, but were willing to help us have a great time no matter the cost. They are in walking distance to a great Bar/Rest named "Tavern", as well as several other bars including "Winners" & "Losers" . I will definitely be staying here again. The only thing I regret is not having enough time during our stay. Hats off Nashville/Vanderbilt Hilton Gardens Inn and it's staff for a memorable stay/trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jason T,

Thank you to you and your group for staying with us during your recent trip! I'm thrilled to learn you enjoyed your trip to Nashville from your time with us at the hotel, dining experiences, and nightlife! We truly are positioned in the perfect location that enables our guests to have Nashville at their finger tips. Your kind words regarding the staff is much appreciated, thank you so much. Hopefully we see you and your group very soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Standard Hilton Garden Inn. There was a funky smell in the hallway on the 1st floor near the elevators and pool last time I stayed. Hopefully that is not permanent.

Edward in the bar provided excellent customer service....well above and beyond expectations. I ordered nachos with extra jalepenos and sour cream. He came back and said they did not have sour cream but they had ranch. Really???? How does a kitchen serve nachos and not have any sour cream? Well Edward thought about it and he completely understood. He had someone run to the grocery store and buy some sour cream for my nachos!!! And he paid for it out of his pocket! NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOVE AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I gave Edward a big tip and HE is the reason I will continue to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patti F
Patti F,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip. While I'm very sorry we did not have the sour cream on hand right when you had ordered, I am ecstatic that Edward took such good care of you! This is just one of many example of when Edward, or other staff members, have gone above and beyond for our guests. We are all so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us! :) We look forward to seeing you very soon hopefully!

Missouri
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Clean hotel but no water pressure in bathroom. Called front desk with no help. I always stay in Hilton hotels and never have I ran into this low grade service. I was very disappointed. I paid twice as much for this room as I normally would at a Hilton Garden Inn

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Saddlebred_freak,

I'm very disappointed to learn that your stay with us was anything less than stellar. I know very low water pressure can be quite annoying and can certainly hinder your morning routine. We pride ourselves in offering legendary service and I am very sorry that you do not feel that is what you received during your time with us. I would love it if you would call me directly so we could discuss your stay with us, and so I can follow up on the room you were in to make certain the water pressure problem is addressed. I can be reached at 615.369.5900. I do hope I speak to you soon, and again I am very sorry.