“Decent hotel for business traveler”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The bed is very comfortable, internet works somewhat slow. The curtains were not adequate to keep the room dark. The staff is very professional and courteous. Parking is very expensive ($23-27/night). The restaurant is good for breakfast - not too bad a price - $8 for the cold side, $11 for cooked. The location is right next to Vanderbilt, so very convenient. Good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Falcon1981,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry that we were not up to our standard during your visit. Per our previous reviews we pride ourselves on providing extraordinary service to our guests. In regards to the parking, while we do charge you will find we offer parking at lower rates than that of our competitors. Our beds are adjustable which allow our guests to chose their comfort level, anywhere between soft and hard. They can be located on each side of the bed. We also offer two internet speeds based on your needs. The increased speed might suit your needs better.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and please accept our apology that your stay with us was anything less than stellar. We do hope you come back and try us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was nicely located, the staff were friendly, the room was modest for the price. I personally found the bed very uncomfortable, too hard, but my wife seemed ok with it. Breakfast coupon for one morning meal; the buffet was very ordinary. Overall a mediocre experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Richard J,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. While I love that you found the staff friendly i'm disappointing that your stay was anything less than stellar. We have much faith in our ability to provide superior hospitality. I would love the chance to talk to you about your stay to see if there are any other recommendations as to what we could have done better. I can be reached at 615.369.5900. In regards to the sewage smell we regrettably did have a problem for a little while, however have since remedied the issue. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

As we pulled into the hotel entrance I was so grateful there were so many terrific reviews regarding the hotel's shuttle service. Google Maps could not have prepared me for our first trip to Nashville. A quick conversation got me the self park tag and PIN for the gate, and we unloaded onto the luggage cart. Becky greeted me at check-in, and that's when I knew we'd chosen the right hotel. Bubbly, lovely and helpful, Becky got us checked in and we headed up to the 8th floor. The room was very nice, if a little small. But it held the King bed and sleeper sofa just fine. Spotless bathroom, great fresh towels and Neutrogena products. The Keurig machine was a blessing in the morning before we headed down to breakfast, and housekeeping leaves creamers so you don't need the powder creamer. Breakfast now has 3 price levels, from $3.95- coffee, juice, a pastry to $10.95- breakfast in the garden- all the food items out plus made to order pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage ,omelettes, etc. Having breakfast vouchers made it an easy choice for us, but it was outstanding. Our first morning we caught the shuttle bus which took us right to the Ryman (see my other local reviews) and when we were done mid-afternoon, a quick call (using the business card the lovely young driver in the morning gave us) brought Chris back for us at the Bridgestone Arena in just the 10 minutes he predicted. This service is priceless both is efficiency, helpfulness and a feeling of security. A couple of questions regarding our rate were easily handled by the front desk and of course check-out was a breeze- Chelsea was the young lady who helped me when Becky wasn't there. Simply amazing staff at the desk. Well done!. The parking garage was a bit scary with my Suburban, but we fit just fine, even if I did feel I was scraping the ceiling. I wasn't. The only downside was that my side of the bed didn't appear to have a functioning air system. I was like a rock, regardless if changing the setting. Left a note for housekeeping. But it didn't change. My husband's side was significantly softer on "soft". The only other thing I will note is that contrary to my original thinking, I would not walk to downtown from here. Maybe that's just me. It wasn't the distance, but the gentlemen we noticed on the roadsides driving in that gave me pause. Sad, but reality of homelessness.

Room Tip: A high floor can give you a pretty view of the Nashville skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Luvamoose67,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Nashville. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great experience with us! We put great emphasis on our attention to detail, thank you for noticing. We really appreciate your feedback and wanted to thank you for your kind words in regards to the services we offer and about the staff. I'm very sorry your experienced a problem with the mattress system, however thank you for bringing it to our attention enabling us to repair the mattress. We do hope to see you stay with us again very soon! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our four night stay at this location. The rooms were always clean and the air conditioning was able to keep up with the hotter than usual summer days. The hotel is just minutes away from the live music, bars and tourist attractions. Hattie B and GiGis cupcakes are walking distance. Loved the two young men that handle the valet and the shuttle service for the hotel. Wish we could have brought Ian and Jonathan back to Houston with us. They were great!

Room Tip: Might not want to get a room over lobby since they load passengers early in the morning
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie N

Connie N,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Nashville. I'm glad you found our location ideal and our staff to be so friendly! Thank you for your comments on the valet attendants. They do a wonderful job out there! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor! We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

To Start with our stay was for 5 nites and 6 days. It was the most pleasurable experience we had. Starting with check in- It was prompt and we were greeted immediately by Chelsea who by far was the highlight of helpfulness for the entire week when she wasn't there Becky filled in with ease. These girls belong at that front desk. Keeping in mind this was not our first trip to Nashville and because of staff we will go back without hesitation. Area restaurants were recommended and they did what we asked "Keep us away from Tourist traps" Flying in without a car was not a problem they had a shuttle service that was exceptional again because of staff. Toby, Chris And of course Larry were funny, knowledgeable of the area and just made a simple ride enjoyable. This was a very busy hotel but as a guest I did not feel it ever. Thanks again to Matt and his team and I mean team they all worked together to make our stay so enjoyable that when we do come back and we will this is our hotel of choice. Please Understand it is not fancy but it is not Low end either great choice we made thank you again. Dave Dewitt and Debbie Thomas

Room Tip: call the hotel first for best room rate we shopped on line and got a much better price offer calling...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlitful
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

dlitful,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent trip to Nashville. It's such great news to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that so many of our staff members we able to assist in making your Nashville experience a memorable one! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We will see again soon hopefully!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were very pleased with our service and stay for 4 nights in Nashville. Parking was expensive so we walked to campus and downtown. We felt very safe.
Our cleaning crew was so kind. We want to do a "shout out" to Oscar for helping boys with our PlayStation!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Scott H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Oscar does such a great job and is very responsive to any request that comes his way. Thank you for noticing! I see that you walked to the campus and downtown.. While we are within walking range I wanted to share with you that we also provide a complimentary shuttle service anywhere within 2 miles! We hope you stay with us again during your next trip to Nashville, and thank you again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Arrived at 1:30 pm and checked in immediately. The valets were soooo nice and friendly! Their names were Ferious and Adam. They also loaded our luggage the next day on check out and we visited with both of them and they were so gracious and again all smiles and friendly. Chelsea was out the check in/out desk and was a shining light . She was very helpful , prompt, and all smiles. I told her she should be " ms. Tennessee " . The hotel was very clean . Willie drove us in the shuttle and was helpful and talkative . We enjoyed all the staff we met. True south hospitality.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor . Quiet and air conditioner worked well
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Margaret A,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Nashville. Also, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review here on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback and wanted to thank you for your kind words in regards to all the staff members. Our staff takes much pride in the service we provide and it is always great to hear our hard work is appreciated by our guests. Please come back and visit soon!