“A okay hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“A okay hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I travelled alone to Nashville, wanted to stay a nice place!
The hotel is okay.
The staff is not very helpful and are all a little bit strange.
There is a lot of noice at the hotel at nights, people are screaming
and talking loudly. Complained once, helped a little bit. But the staff
should really walk around in the hallways at the night, and make sure
that people are quiet.
The breakfast at the hotel should be free, they don`t have so much to choose from.
Toast, waffles, some old fruit and some warm food.
I stayed for 5 days, and never got toilet paper. Had to ask for it every day!!
Not good!
One thing that is good about the hotel is the free shuttle that can take
you free within 3 miles. Works okay. Even though some of the drivers are really stupid.
I asked to find a museum, and he was so lost. So he droped me off FAR away from the museum. He sayd he knew that it was wrong. I knew the way to the museum though.
It is possible to walk from the hotel to downtown, but it takes a while!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank worldwider41
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 17 June 2010
Dear worldwider41,

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.com. Reviews are always helpful in ensuring the betterment of our hotel and service. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. More specifically the toilet paper issue. The tissue holders in our hotel are located deep, under the granite counter, and I admit they can be a little difficult to find. This was a slight oversight in construction, and we are now taking steps to make the holders a little more obvious to our guests.

In regards to breakfast, all Hilton Garden Inn's charge for breakfast and offer a smorgasboard! All of the items you mentioned, plus yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, grits, potatoes eggs any style, and many other hot and cold items! If you choose to visit us again, please make sure to order one of our cooked to order omelets-I assure you it will be delicious!

Once again thank you for your review and visitin our fine city!

Juan C. Mera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We booked 4 rooms for graduation months in advance. We called when we arrived at airport. They said they should have some rooms at 1230. We arrived at hotel after 1:30.. Front desk said they would have some rooms at 2:30. We had my husband's 80+ mother with us and she needed to rest prior to 4 pm ceremony. They said check in time was 4 PM. I understood this and that the hotel had been full the night before however I have never experienced being unable to get at least one room early when requested. Then I noticed other people checking in. They said they had blocked 4 rooms on 8th floor for us and none were ready. Finally got a room at 3:30 after sitting in lobby for hours. Staff was rude and unhelpful. They were not solution oriented and made it clear they did not care. They just kept saying check in is 4pm and they were not obligated to help us prior to that. We came back in the evening to discovery one of our rooms was on a different floor, so much for them saying they were waiting for 4 rooms they had blocked for us on one floor.... Night manager was nice and responsive however when we inquired why last room was on different floor. Also hotel van driver was very nice.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 3 June 2010
Dear ConnieRSpencer1952,

Thank you for your feedback in posting a reveiw on tripadvisor.com. We make every effort to review all postings, both good and bad as it helps us develop our customer service skills.

I apologize that you had a delay at check in. During extremely high occupancy periods, such as Spring commencement in Nashville, it is sometimes difficult to grant all guests requests at the time they are requested. We do our best, but in this case we fell short.

If you are ever in Nashville again, we hope you will give us another chance in meeting and exceeding your expectations. Once again, thank you for your patronage at our hotel and for posting your review.

Merrily A. Bell
Assistant General Manager
houston
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Made Graduation reservations months ahead of time for multiple rooms for extended family. Arrived early in the day and called to see whether rooms would be available and we were told 12:30. We all went to lunch and arrived at the appointed time and were told that the rooms would be ready at 2:30, we told the hotel that it was important that the 12 people had a chance to change and prepare for our event at 4. We came back to the hotel and watched numerous guests check in the hotel while my 86 year old mother sat in the lobby. 2:30 came and went and no rooms. The hotel staff was absolutely NO HELP AT ALL! The staff was AWFUL. We were finally told, after sitting in the lobby for several hours, that "Check-In is 4:00 p.m.". After forcing us to sit for several hours in the lobby with no explanation the hotel did nothing to make it right.
Additionally, before we arrived we tried to book an additional rook and the hotel said there was now a 3 day minimum and the rate was $100 higher, This hotel gouges travelers. AVOID THIS HOTEL

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rlsrelaw1
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 26 May 2010
Dear rlsrelaw1 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com . All feedback is appreciated as it helps us with customer service and ways to improve our hotel. We do our best to acquiesce to guest requests, but during extremely high occupancy days, that can sometimes be a challenge.

We are currently investigating your complaints to see what the delay was with checkin. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Merrily Bell, CHA
Assistant GM
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I have been staying at this hotel on at least 4 or 5 occasions since January. They greet me at the front desk on a first name basis and always ask how I am doing. I have shown up last minute and never with a reservation from day one - and I always manage to get a room and extensions all of the time - since my trips are of a medical situation with a family member, my staying times vary.

My rooms are always clean and fresh smelling and the bed I wish I had here at home!!!

If ever I had any problems or something was not to my satisfaction I was able to talk
to someone and have the problem fixed immediately. Now this may because I am always sure to treat the hotel staff as HUMAN BEINGS and say please and THANK-YOU
all the time!

The food, I am always Leary of hotel food, but in this case, I was starving one night and did not have the energy to go to one of my favorite watering holes " The Brewhouse" and
mojo grill - I highly recommend this place, and if you get smashed on the beers they have there, you can make it back to the hotel safely! Ok, where was I, ah..the Hotel food,
after careful contemplation whether to order the food I broke down and ordered a Salmon crusted dish with Angel Hair Pasta....All I can say is..." I couldn't believe I ate the whole dam thing", it was FANTASTIC and a large portion which I was gonna be pissed
if it wasn't a decent size dinner being room service and all! The Caesars salad and Garden salad I also Highly recommend!

It's the only place I will stay at in Nashville and when I hit the lottery out there I'm going to move into that hotel and live on "room service". Until that time comes - it's very much so worth the price and extra few bucks here and there to be as comfortable as you can be
as a guest in Nashville!

TIPS: it doesn't hurt to ask for a good price on the rooms - especially if you are staying for more than a few days at a time!

KEN C.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Dear KentheGreat,
WOW! Thanks for the great reveiw! We always love to hear that our staff is exceeding our Guest's expectations and that our facilities are comfortable. It is guest like you, that give us a purpose here at the hotel and we hope you continue to choose the Hilton Garden Inn - Vanderbilt whenever you are in Nashville. I also recommend the Drunken Goat Cheese Chicken sandwhich and sweet potato fries the next time you stay with us. YUM!

Once again, thank you for always choosing us when you stay in Nashville and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Juan C. Mera
Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2010

First off,the price I was given over the phone was not the same as the price when I arrived! The hotel may have been nice,but when I went to drive back home,my truck had been vandalized! Someone had apparently tried to steal my tires,from their parking garage,that I had to pay $18.00 a night to stay in! The bad thing is I did not know this until driving down the interstate going 70mph ,and my tire came completly off,due to the loosened lugnuts!!!When contacting the hotel,they said a seperate company is in charge of (NOT) watching the parking garage.They sent me a letter saying they were not going to do anything about it,and that parking there was PARKING AT YOUR OWN RISK!. So,$620 later,I would like everyone to know this!

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Other reviewers mentioned that the odd numbered rooms at this hotel face out to Broadway, and it is LOUD. I was lucky to be on the even side (facing the parking garage), but my colleague wasn't so lucky on the odd side...it was pretty loud in his room when I stopped by to get him for dinner.

Staff was awesome, and the food at the lobby restaurant looked good as well.

It would have been MUCH different if I was in my friend's room.

atlanta
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Nice hotel, convenient location...but don't stay on the front side (Broadway). Very noisy! I sleep with earplus in and the traffic noise was bad! The hotel is at a light and the sound of cars stopping and starting was irritating while I was trying to work in my room and very disruptive for me to sleep (again, even with earplugs). The room was nice but I felt like I was staying on a drag strip. If noise doesn't bother you, it's no problem and the rooms on the otherside of the hotel may be much quieter. I was on the 5th floor...if you stayed on the second floor, I can't imagine how loud it would be.