Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
US$301
US$247
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Music City Hotel(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$364
Sheraton.com
1,712 results
All reviewsfront deskfree shuttleshuttle servicewithin a mile radiusnashville vanderbiltmusic rowparking garageself parkhotel shuttlewest endrestaurants and barsthe entire staffdowntown areahousekeeping staffper dayhgilarry
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We had reservations for one night and had to check in late (and noted that in the reservation). Were given a smoking room which was intolerable. Half a dozen people were still waiting to check in despite the late check-in. Were told there were no more rooms. Were moved to a different hotel with higher parking fees and had to argue with the other hotel about who was going to pay for the parking (in the hotel we did not book but were moved to.) Management at the hotel was unsympathetic and inhospitable. They changed their tune when they learned that we were Platinum members of Hilton Honors, but our stance was that no one should be treated this way and no one should be sent to a smoke-filled room without an apology when a non-smoking room had been booked, etc. A total disappointment. Poor management, poor training, awful customer service and despite being loyal to Hilton in the past, we will never stay at either of these Hilton hotels in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank knothomeeither
Reviewed 19 September 2010

As a business traveler, I am very famiiar with hotels and this hotel offered me exactly what I was looking for: free internet, workout room with weights and cardio machines, and a good night's sleep. The staff were the highlight of the establishment and the location can not be beat. Also, upon arriving, I was happy to learn that there are plenty of eating options (fast food and sit down) within walking distance. (Though I would not suggest visiting the nearby Lime if you hungry... food was not great and I wish I had gone to the 1808 Grill @ the Hutton House).

My only disgruntled experience with this hotel had to do with the cigarrette smell that was present. I had to ask to be moved from my first room due to the odor and upon entering my second room I was relieved to be able to breathe easier... until I entered the bathroom. Either an earlier guest had smoked in the bathroom OR a current guest in a nearby room was smoking in their bathroom and the smell was traveling through the venilation system. Either way, it is disgusting (my towels smelled bad) and I wish the hotel would be more strict about their smoking policies (seeing as how both rooms were non-smoking). If not for this, the hotel would have been perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicole75077
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Couldn't check in until 4pm? - no room ready at 3pm?? ridiculous. Pay $18+ to self park? ridiculous. No complimentary breakfast, and instead charged $9.95 to serve yourself buffet? ridiculous. Advertised our room as one with a couch and a sleep number adjustable bed - both untrue. No couch, no sleep number/adjustable bed. Small room. Was afraid to use the coffeemaker in the morning in case we'd be charged for it. Desk personnel at check in - not pleasant. Oh, and the shower head was too high and did not adjust easily at all. and - towel rack was INSIDE the shower, because it was more important to have artwork on the wall in the bathroom where the towel racks should have gone. Way overpriced hotel experience. Only good thing is that it was convenient to what we were there for downtown. Have had better experiences at Quality or Comfort Inns - their rooms were just as nice and clean at those hotels. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebeccalily
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Dear rebeccalily,

Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com. We always like to know how our guests experience our hotel. I am sorry that you felt our hotel fell short of your expectations while visiting Nashville. We do our best to meet everyone's expectations and make sure that all of our guests are aware of what we offer.

I am sorry that we did not succeed while you were a guest of ours. All of the information on our website is up to date (i.e. check in time, parking costs, and breakfast price/description- By the way ALL Hilton Garden Inn's charge for breakfast for their breakfast buffets). And it also describes our Garden Sleep System Beds. ALL of our beds are adjustable and each room has an in-room comfort guide to alert our guests how to adjust them.( For future reference: the knob is on the top side of the mattress under the sheet.).

Thanks again for your review and for visiting Music City. We hope you choose us again the next time you're in town.

Juan C. Mera

Reviewed 13 September 2010

It was good to have a new hotel in the Vanderbilt, West End area of town. Central to everything. The hotel was nice and the price was reasonable but they did charge for parking and getting to the parking garage from the hotel required an outside walk (not good in the rain). It was convenient.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Dear abst14,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the comments! We are glad to be here in the Vanderbilt area as it is a very convenient area for a lot of our guests. In regards to the walkway between the parking garage and the hotel; we are currently working on a solution to get it covered. Thank you again for the reveiw and we hope you chose to stay with us the next time you visit Nashville!

Juan C. Mera

Reviewed 1 September 2010

We were met by the most wonderful valet staff here. You can self-park in the underground parking for a daily fee. There is no free parking around. The hotel is really nice! Rooms are large, clean and beautiful and beds are comfortable. There were some loud college students in the hall quite frequently, but amazingly, once we shut our door, we couldn't hear a thing. The hotel was completely booked while we were there, but hotel staff were handling it all well. We enjoyed a great breakfast buffet at the hotel. Although my daughter had the full buffet for $9, they adjusted my bill to accommodate just a limited breakfast for me...coffee and toast. I was glad that the only option for breakfast was the full buffet. There are very limited restaurants within walking distance, but the hotel is within a few minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends