“Did not feel welcomed.”

Ranked #82 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Did not feel welcomed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here two nights this weekend. I was a little hesitant going in there after the reviews but the guy at the front desk was great. Room was ok...showed some wear like closet door was missing, cabinet on fridge wouldn't close, sofa bed was totally useless. However, I had read reviews so we took our own portable bed. (Thankfully!) The worse part came when we went down for breakfast at 8:00 am. It was filthy! Nothing was clean. Tables had trash on them. Waffle mix was everywhere. Breakfast was very lacking. Breakfast was only available until 9:00 am (most hotels are til 10:00 am). At 9:00 am am they were promptly taking everything away. We got back to our room and they were cleaning it. We never imaged they would be in our room so early. They turned off everything...heater, lights AND unplugged our cell phones and ipads. It was bad enough that they were in our room unexpectedly but they should've left our stuff alone. Second morning, we didn't even bother with breakfast. We decided to eat elsewhere that was clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed two nights during spring break week and it was very busy as was to be expected. The hotel was clean , the breakfast was good and the pool was clean and open 24 hours a day. There is a local bar you can walk across the parking lot too to eat and have some drinks and the staff are very nice

My only issues with this hotel was the walls seem to be very thin , you could hear the television and people talking in other rooms and when a person leaves their room if they let go of the door it slams shut , very loudly. We were woken up by this two days in a row.

All in all it is a nice hotel but we will look for another place to stay next time

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ubenumber2
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was travelling on I-40 west, not intending to stop in Nashville... However weather conditions were deteriorating rapidly as a winter storm rolled in. I stopped in here, because it was the first exit (or last) before Nashville proper.

The Staff was gracious & accommodating, even though rooms were at a premium that week, due to a convention/event in town. I got the last available room & it was better than I had frankly expected. The beds (double - not a king unfortunately, but I could not exactly be choosey) were very comfortable. Breakfast was good, not exactly 5(star) but again better than I'd expected.

The reason they get such a high grade however, is that the weather did not break the next day - in fact it got worse - and I was forced to stay over... they had NO Available rooms for the second night, but let me keep my room anyway, because: "In this weather, we will probably have a cancellation or two anyway, so we will just move people around, Have a great day!"

Can't possibly ask for more than that under the circumstances.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Scuba S
Chetek, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I travel frequently and have never had such a horrible experience. I booked and prepaid for a room through the choice hotels website. On the day of my reservation I missed a phone call from the hotel at 9pm, upon calling back 15 mins later, I was told they were just calling to make sure everyone was planning to check in (which seemed strange, especially with a prepaid room), I informed the woman we would in fact be there and we would be checking in very late. She attempted to end the conversation there and I stopped her to let her know my name to make sure she knew what room I was calling about. We showed up at the hotel around 3am and the hotel had went a head and gave our PREPAID room to someone else. The guy at the front desk told us that our reservation had been canceled. He then spent quite sometime on the phone with the owner, and several other hotels. He basically told us everything else for quite some distance was booked solid. After waiting for another period of time the owner called back and said he had a room for us at a hotel nearby. This hotel was a days inn, I quickly googled the hotel and saw that it was poorly reviewed, which I mentioned, but was basically told it was my only option. Upon arriving at the substitute hotel I was even more irritated with the situation as we were put in a smoking room that smelled like an ashtray, the bedding was stained with cigarette holes, and the toilet had bodily fluids on the seat, to top it off we couldn't get any sleep because the walls were so thin, even as a heavy sleeper you could easily hear every noise outside. We were forced to stay in this room because of comfort suites mistake. Unacceptable.

Stayed March 2014
8 Thank Rachel F
Belton, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at this location during a girls weekend to Nashville in October, and I really enjoyed our stay! Location was close enough to Nashville that you really didn't feel like you were too far out of the way. Plenty of good stuff nearby-a handy convience store on the corner as well as Cracker Barrel super close. Yum! Front desk staff was pleasant and helpfull, our room was clean and spacious. We stayed at the end down by the restaurant and bar that backs up to the hotel, but never heard a thing on a busy Saturday night. My only slight con is that the breakfast was the exact same thing both days we were there...I guess I miss the variety other hotels offer if you stay more than one day. That being said though...I would gladly go back in heartbeat and will keep it in mind for our next trip!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MOracefan
DF
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We needed a place to stay going east on I40 and didn't want to deal with finding a place downtown at 9pm. This is conveniently right off the freeway and we got the last room. The rooms are large with basic amenities, we were just happy to have a bed and a warm room. Breakfast is basic but enough to fill up to get back on the road. The best part of the hotel was the excellent service from the front desk staff. Sarah was exceptionally friendly and got us checked in quickly, thank you Sarah!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank roxita
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel was clean, comfortable and very convenient to many shopping areas. We went at Christmas time and had a great time. There was a generous supply of towels and the breakfast was ok. I've had better breakfasts spreads elsewhere but this was adequate. This stay is close to Nashville, Mt. Juliet and Lebanon for shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms are large and can sleep 4 without any problem.