Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
Ranked #50 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several times and it has always been a great experience every time. Very well decorated and the breakfast is delicious. Very clean and all of the employees are very accomadating. I LOVE THE LOCATION as many restaurants nearby and is right across from Opryland Mills and the Opry. We were there for July 4th and they had the best display in Nashville. Must see!

1  Thank sharonhl123

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several times, with the last time being in April. The location is so convenient to Opry Mills. The hotels staff was nice and helpful and the pool is great for the kids. The room was great, spacious, even with 5 of us in there. The breakfast had great options and the addition of pancakes was really nice. Always stay here when I visit Nashville.

Room Tip: Have stayed here several times and every room I have stayed in has been great. I think all rooms at...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have been staying with this hotel since it opened and just when you think it can not get better....besides the location to EVERYTHING in that area to do, they provide me with a great service to get downtown for $10 roundtrip....Tootsies Tours! Now that the Mall is open with all the great new upscale stores, I cannot wait to come back for our Christmas vacation!!!!!! By the way, this hotel still has the best breakfast with REAL food!!!! We are looking forward to coming again and enjoying the Christmas shows and then coming back to the hotel to swim, in December .....see you soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ALLABOUTTRAVEL777
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed in the 2 room suite of this locations & the room was beautiful, VERY clean, and spacious. The staff was awesome including housekeeping!! The breakfast was great (loved the pancake maker)! It's all about location location location.. there was a gas station/ liquor store within a very short walkin distance & oprymills was right next door! I would highly recommend this location... wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This was my second stay at this property. Love the location for being close to Opryland and shopping and staff were very friendly and most helpful in arranging transport when required.

Only problem is the rooms are starting to look very tired - badly stained carpet, broken shower curtain and a layer of dust over surfaces,

To be honest this probably wouldn't stop me giving this hotel another chance but I'd be really disappointed if there wasn't some improvement next time.

Pros:
Great size rooms - comfortable beds
Pool/Gym
Friendly staff

Cons:
Bit tired
Easy things to fix (eg shower curtain) were ignored

Recommendation: Give it a go - our friends were staying at the same time and had no complaints at all about their room. Maybe we were just unlucky?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ll72
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Dear ll72,

Thank you for staying with us again and taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you like the convenient location of our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry the cleanliness of your room did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here on the way to Florida and our drive went better than expected so we had time to check out the indoor pool. We were pleasantly surprised as the pool was bigger than any pools we'd seen at other HIE's. So the kids enjoyed that. I was a little bummed that there wasn't a hot tub, but I knew that going in.

Breakfast was good. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Wifi was better than most hotels.

All in all a good experience and great location if we were doing the Opryland stuff, but we just happened to be passing through so didn't take advantage of those amenities.

1  Thank dlh85royals
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed in the hotel for three nights for business, the hotel location is pretty good for me, and I liked its breakfast. But it does have problems.

At first night, I found I couldn't dial 800 number for my conference call using hotel's phone. I called front desk many times, they tried but then simply told me that they could do nothing to help me! So I had to wait for next day.

Then after I getting on bed, I found the toilet automatically flush once in a while! I have to turn off the valve of the toilet to have a quite night.

The next morning, I went to front desk to report the room problems and found no one there. I could hear people talking behind the wall but they just didn't come out. I waited for several minutes before a young guy came out. I told him the problems and asked him to write them down, he refused and told me he could remember all of them! After my insistance, he did write something on a piece of paper. And I headed to my office.

After I was back to my room, the phone worked fine, I could dial 800 number. But the toilet still had that automatic flush problem. I was tired with dealing with front desk again, so for the left two nights, I turned off valve of the toilet before I went to bed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Park_2006,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our front desk and the toilet constantly flushing. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.