Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
Ranked #45 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were here for a long weekend to celebrate our daughter's birthday. The location worked out great for everything we wanted to do. The hotels in downtown Nashville were very expensive however, I was concerned that it would be a pain to drive back and forth. It was not a problem at all. After we went to a couple of places in the downtown area, we never went back to the downtown area. Only if you are interested in the bar scene non stop is staying in the downtown area a must. The front desk personnel were very helpful with parking tips for the Grand Ole Opry as well as other questions. The breakfast was plentiful no matter when you went down, however, I can certainly see if you stay there for any length of time you might want more variety in the hot items. All of the food was very good. The property is very clean and well maintained.

One other good point for the staff- at approximately 3:30 am a group of loud girls came down our hallway. We waited hoping they would go into their rooms, but they continued to party in the hallway. My husband called the front desk, he was told we are on our way now to take care of it. In a matter of minutes, a staff member was down the hall and we did not have another minutes trouble.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I always have good experiences with HIE and this one is no different.

-Within walking (or $5 cab fare) to Opryland Hotel, a row of bars/honky tonks, and Cracker Barrel.
- Helpful staff- noticed we had a higher rate and knocked $100 off our rate at check in for being military without us asking. (That being said, it is more expensive than most HIE due to location).
- Very comfortable beds, clean.
- Largest & most choices I've seen on a continental breakfast in a hotel.
- Free parking
- 10 minute drive down Briley Pkwy to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen37040
Brittany C, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Karen37040,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you found your room to be very clean and comfortable and our staff to be helpful. We appreciate knowing how much you enjoyed breakfast and the hospitality of our staff. We hope you decide to continue staying with us when you come to Nashville.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Avg holiday inn express facilities, breakfast, rooms. Ok, maybe a little better than average. But the staff was awesome. The Gentleman who checked me in was enthusiastic, friendly, made me feel welcome, and recognized me as a plat member, and thus offered me a free room upgrade to a suite.

Everything else was more than satisfactory, but the 2-3 staff I came in contact with during the 16 hours I was there made the difference. Good job HIE Opryland!

Room Tip: Opryland is a short walk if you want to go check it out, save the $20 parking fee, and besides the l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Happyharvick,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. We are glad that you found your room to be very clean and comfortable and our staff to be helpful. We appreciate knowing how much you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff. We hope you decide to continue staying with us when you come to Nashville.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very nice place and cater to your needs. Further from Downtown, by still in the heart f country music and Opryland Hotel! Great Breakfast buffet, pool and fitness room. My wife and I loved it for weekend away!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed 4 nights for a conference at the convention center and the service was excellent. The staff were very friendly and the shuttle was very convenient. The breakfast was amazing. The room was very clean. Nothing bad to complain. Definitely, I would go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I travel for work, so I'm pretty much every type of diamond, platinum, honors, gold member you can imagine. This Holiday Inn is by far one of my favorite hotels. The first time I stayed there back in 2012, there was a tornado coming through. They reassured me that all would be fine and they would alert me in an emergency - very patient with a paniky traveler who didn't even know the county she was in!

The second time I stayed, I had a late flight. The allowed me to remain in my room until 5pm - at no extra charge - because of my gold status. This was awesome. I was able to take a nap before heading to the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley H
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The room smelled fresh and clean, it had a microwave and refrigerator. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpfull and the continental breakfast was outstanding ! They also have a nice pool, small fitness center and a laundromat ! If I ever go back to Nashvillle, I would consider staying there again. They also have an airport shuttle as well as a shuttle to the Oprey Mills Mall. Just a great experience !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple