What I looked for in booking a hotel for a girl's weekend in Nashville:
1. Walking distance to the downtown fun.
3. Nice but not boutique.
4. Lobby with a bar/restaurant with music...good for people watching and relaxing.
5. Fair price.
6. On site parking
What I got with Hotel Indigo:
1. Walking distance to EVERYTHING we wanted to do downtown. It was so great just to walk a couple of blocks and be in the middle of the action. Perfect!
2. I felt mostly safe. I'm thankful that I didn't have to walk those couple of blocks alone though. There were a few people near the hotel that made me nervous.
3. The rooms were very nice, clean and updated. I have no complaints about that part. The room service was timely, fairly priced and tasty. However, we did set our dishes out in the morning only to find them still in the hall that night.
4. I knew there was some renovations going on but I was surprised at the level of it. The front desk was tucked away in a corner surrounded by plastic sheets hanging from the ceiling. While I understand "no pain, no gain" I wish I'd been warned about the lobby/bar/restaurant being closed. They did have a makeshift replacement that was just a small meeting space hidden down a long hall. If I had known the construction closing, I would have looked elsewhere.
5. I was pleased with the price. As far as I know, I didn't receive any discount because of renovations. All things being equal, if the lobby/bar/restaurant had been open, it would have been perfect.
6. As with all downtown hotels, parking is tricky. They offer valet parking for a parking garage located directly behind the hotel. The valet was courteous, quick and full of good tips. I have not complaints about the parking.
Overall, I was pleased with Hotel Indigo. Would I stay there again? Yes, but I would call to ask about the lobby/bar/restaurant.
One more thing, I was impressed with the staff at the front desk. They were fun, informative and helpful with every question or request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown business district, Printers Alley and 2nd Avenue- at the corner of 3rd Avenue and Union Street-close to all major attractions and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Indigo Nashville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.