“Girls Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Girls Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

What I looked for in booking a hotel for a girl's weekend in Nashville:
1. Walking distance to the downtown fun.
2. Safe.
3. Nice but not boutique.
4. Lobby with a bar/restaurant with music...good for people watching and relaxing.
5. Fair price.
6. On site parking

What I got with Hotel Indigo:
1. Walking distance to EVERYTHING we wanted to do downtown. It was so great just to walk a couple of blocks and be in the middle of the action. Perfect!
2. I felt mostly safe. I'm thankful that I didn't have to walk those couple of blocks alone though. There were a few people near the hotel that made me nervous.
3. The rooms were very nice, clean and updated. I have no complaints about that part. The room service was timely, fairly priced and tasty. However, we did set our dishes out in the morning only to find them still in the hall that night.
4. I knew there was some renovations going on but I was surprised at the level of it. The front desk was tucked away in a corner surrounded by plastic sheets hanging from the ceiling. While I understand "no pain, no gain" I wish I'd been warned about the lobby/bar/restaurant being closed. They did have a makeshift replacement that was just a small meeting space hidden down a long hall. If I had known the construction closing, I would have looked elsewhere.
5. I was pleased with the price. As far as I know, I didn't receive any discount because of renovations. All things being equal, if the lobby/bar/restaurant had been open, it would have been perfect.
6. As with all downtown hotels, parking is tricky. They offer valet parking for a parking garage located directly behind the hotel. The valet was courteous, quick and full of good tips. I have not complaints about the parking.

Overall, I was pleased with Hotel Indigo. Would I stay there again? Yes, but I would call to ask about the lobby/bar/restaurant.

One more thing, I was impressed with the staff at the front desk. They were fun, informative and helpful with every question or request.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank CurtisandNancy A
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us overall! We are excited to say that renovation will be complete in just a few short weeks! Thank you for sharing your comments. We love to hear the good and the not so good so, we can get better each day! Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Good-I was happy to find a hotel walking distance to the New Years Eve events and have a wonderful walk in shower.. That was the only thing good about staying at this hotel.To my dismay the 2 bed -room we reserved was not available. I had to sleep in the same bed as my son. The hotel offered to give us a roll away, which in the past we have found too uncomfortable. Place is dusty. Dirty sheets were left in the hallway for days.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I apologize your stay was not as you expected and have shared your comments with all of my staff. We utilize every review to see how we can improve each and every day. We are happy to say that our renovation will be complete in a few weeks and we will be able to add more rooms with two queen beds to our inventory. I would the opportunity to hear more about your stay if you have the time. I have sent you a message on how we can connect. Thank you again.
LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

We were excited to stay at Hotel Indigo, but the experience was unfortunately subpar. We weren't aware of the massive renovation, which left the entire first floor bar / restaurant area unusable, but what was really frustrating was the lack of attention to detail in the rooms and service. From a broken shower head that spewed water out the side and onto the floor (there's no shower curtain or door) to indifferent service from the front desk, we found the whole experience disappointing. Perhaps we just had bad luck, but I can't say I'd recommend this hotel to friends, sorry!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisablin
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you so, much for your honesty about your stay with us recently. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected during our renovation. Our renovation will be complete in 3 weeks. It is important to me and each member of my staff to take all guest impressions good and bad and find ways to utilize them to make us better. I have taken all of your other comments and shared them with all of my staff . I have sent you a private message to ask for your help in continuing to help us get better in the future. Thank you again and again my sincerest apologies.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

Questionable parking facility, hotel staff sitting in the entrance smoking like sailors, the hotel is being renovated and no one told us, the lobby is essentially one big wall of dusty plastic, the staff just shrugged when I raised the recommendation the hotel be a bit more up front about the complete lack of amenities due to the renovation, and I had to cut the water off to my toilet because it kept running all night. Do yourself a favor and stay across the street at the Doubletree.

Room Tip: Book at the Doubletree.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billy g
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you so, much for your honesty about your stay with us recently. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected and that you were not notified properly of our renovation. It is important to me to take all guest impressions good and bad and find ways to utilize them to make us better. While we do not own the parking garage which limits our ability to be able to make changes there I will share all of your comments with them so, they know they affect our guests. I have taken all of your other comments and shared them with all of my staff . I have sent you a private message to ask for your help in continuing to help us get better in the future. Thank you again and again my sincerest apologies.
Benton, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

Although the hotel is currently under construction, the room was fresh and new. The bathroom was so nice and updated and the shower was awesome. The room was on the small side but had everything you would need including a Keurig coffee maker. The polished terrazzo tile floors were beautiful. I highly recommend the restraunt in the hotel called 315. Due to construction it looked like it was in a conference room but the Bourbon honey glazed pork chops - THE BEST MEAL EVER! My husband and I were there for a concert at Bridgestone Arena and it was a short walk there. We really enjoyed our overnight stay and would definitely go back, hopefully when the construction is complete.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It is much appreciated and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff. We hope you will visit us after our construction is complete February 2013! Safe Travels....
Mt Carmel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

The hotel is in a great area, within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. The room was lovely, the pillows were soft and smelled fresh. I enjoyed the amenities of free wi fi, a huge shower, hair dryer, huge flat screen tv, and black out curtains. However, I was here for a 4 day conference and was disappointed with the lack of tub in my room.

The customer service here was highly disappointing. The hotel felt like it was being ran by sulky teenagers. The first day of the conference was supposed to begin at 7:45am for registration, but the staff did not unlock the door until 8:15am. During the conference, breakfast, drinks, and an afternoon snack was to be provided. We had to call the staff each and EVERY time to provide us with these things which were already paid for. One of my classmates had a hair in her food and when she pointed it out to our server, he said "Sorry". Then he walked out of the room without offering to replace her meal! They brought us bagels with no cream cheese, brought us coffee and forgot to turn the warmer on. It was just a series of unfortunate events that I would have overlooked had the employees been kind or admitted some fault and/or wrong doing. It was very frustrating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ravey_baby24
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay and meeting at our hotel. I am glad you liked the hotel but, was dissapointed to hear about your meeting experience. I have addressed each of your concerns with each member of management and individual employees to ensure we find corrective measures for the areas we fell short.

I am always interested in hearing guests' impressions be they positive or negative, as to where changes can be made to help us achieve our goal of service excellence and guest satisfaction. I would love to be able to talk to you off line so, I can invite you back after renovations. When you have a moment if you will send me your email address to kbasham@winstonhospitality.com . Thank you again for your feedback.

K. Basham
Sandy Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

The Nashville Hotel Indigo is a converted bank building and is a very interesting layout. The location is very good and located near most of the downtown attractions such as the Ryman Auditorium, the Bridgestone Arena, the capital and the Country Music Hall of Fame. The room was nice but extremely small. As part of the unique design of the converted building, my room was off to the side on my floor and not adjacent to any other guest rooms so it was very quiet. The lobby was very nice and reminiscent of an old bank from the 1950s. Intercontinental Hotels does a very good job with unique properties like this one.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope you will come back after the renovations and see the amazing changes like the new District Bar & Kitchen! It is going to be great. Until next time...safe travels!

K. Basham