“Very hip”

Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #16 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The rooms were very spacious, clean and with a hip, eclectic decor. Shower only- no tub in my room- the shower was exceptional. Beds were very comfortable . Great bar downstairs and terrific sushi/ japanese steak house in bldg.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We frequently find ourselves at the Hotel Indigo in various places we travel. This one was located right in the heart of Nashville, so we didn't need a rental car or public transportation--other than the bus for our Studio B Tour.

Our room was spacious, clean and inviting, and we had a fantastic view.

There was a really nice restaurant in the hotel, and we visited it every morning for coffee nd/or breakfast.

The people there were helpful and friendly, and we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for your review. I hope you enjoyed Studio B. It was definitely a favorite place to see on my list my first time to Nashville. We hope to see you again soon at the Hotel Indigo Nashville!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The Indigo hotel in Nashville was very enjoyable to stay in. The room was fantastic, very clean and the shower was particularly enjoyable (coming off a bit of a road-trip it was just what we needed before a night out exploring Nashville). The location was also great, close enough to walk to bars, restaurants etc. but still in a fairly quiet area. Would definitely stay again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back in Nashville soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed at Hotel Indigo in Downtown Nashville for one night with my family. The room was modern and comfortable. The staff at the front desk, Blake, was very accommodating trying to find a room that adjoined with another room so that my parents could stay with my child while he was sleeping. Everyone had a great stay.

The restaurant staff was also very accommodating, and while I normally do not eat a hotel restaurants, the food was extremely good. Dinner and breakfast were both very impressive. And, you even get a feel for the local scene, as local singer/songwriters perform regularly here.

The location of Hotel Indigo also could not be beat. Walking distance to downtown sights and restaurants.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nettles545

Thank you for your review! We always try to do our best to accommodate our guest the best we can and I am glad Blake was able to do so. While I am partial, I do love our food too! The French toast and our Hamburger are a must try!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were pretty excited to stay here, but ended up being pretty underwhelmed do to some housekeeping issues that need to be worked through.

Parking – we weren’t even given an option but to valet so I can’t speak to proximity, price, or availability of self-parking. The valet folks were super quick and friend though, so even though it was annoying not to have access to our car, this ended up not being that big of deal.

Check in: Attempted to check in at 1:30 we were told our room was still dirty, which I totally understand. Usually, since I have fairly high status with their priority club, I have no trouble checking in that early, but I recognize that it was a Saturday and late check-outs probably happened. We came back at 3:30, all 3 of the front desk staff seemed pretty frazzled (despite there only being us and one other person in the lobby), and we were told our room was still dirty. I told the desk clerk that we’d been by two hours previously, and they were supposed to have been cleaning it then, so she went upstairs to check. In the meantime, another couple came to check in. They had a reservation for a King Room. They were also told their room was dirty.

We finally made it to our room and, being a coffee drinker, the first thing I noticed was that the coffee center hadn’t been cleaned or refreshed. Both cups were dirty and there was a used K-cup in the Keurig and no new ones. Called the front desk to let them know and she assured me someone would be right up. A couple of hours later I saw a house keeper in the hall and asked her if I could have some new cups and coffee, she said ours wasn’t one of her rooms, but she’d have someone else come do it. We went down to dinner and I mentioned the problem to a new front desk person and he said he’d take care of it. When we arrived home a little after midnight the station was still dirty, there was no coffee, and no mugs. I called and told the third front desk person of the day, and he FINALLY sent up a security guard with coffee, mugs, and free breakfast certificates.

Day two: About 10:00 in the morning housekeeping knocked and asked if we needed our room serviced that day. Um, yes! That shouldn’t even be a question in a hotel like Indigo. When we came back from our daily wandering, we discovered that their idea of daily housekeeping service was to toss a stack of towels on the counter and pile new shampoo and lotion beside them (not even neatly or in the right place). The beds had also been sloppily made (the decorative pillows weren’t even put back in place). The floors had not been swept. We received no new toilet paper (an empty roll remained on the TP holder). And the two dirty coffee mugs that were in our room when we arrived were STILL THERE. No new clean ones either. They also took the used water glasses and didn't leave any new ones.

It’s a shame that housekeeping seems to be so inefficient and lacks any kind of attention to detail (I also noticed dust on lamps and other various places in the room) because this has the potential to be a really cool hotel. The other thing that kind of irked me was that not one person apologized for any of this when it was brought to their attention. All of the staff we met was really friendly, but I a simple “I’m sorry we messed up” would have gone a long way.

On the positive side. Love the bedding, which smelled great, appeared clean, and was super comfy. The décor is also great, as is the case in most Indigos. Plus, this hotel is in an ultra-cool old building walking distance to about anything in downtown Nashville. The AC works -- Really well.

Overall though, for a hotel that’s over 200 bucks a night, they really need to get their s**** together.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your open honest feedback regarding some of the housekeeping weaknesses you experienced and we will most certainly address them right away. I apologize that you experienced this during your stay with us. I have sent you a message to ask for some additional feedback. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I checked in for my two night stay late in the evening and was greeted by "Preston". He was extremely professional and friendly and went out of his way to explain everything I needed to know about the hotel.
Next stop the room. From the state of the art electronic card swipe door locks,to the hardwood floor,( no need to wonder what's been spilled or is living in the carpeting, not to mention toxic glues)to the huge walk in well lit shower, the gigondo flat screen HD tele with every channel you could want.......I could go on and on.For my money I can't think of a property that I would rather stay at in Nashville and I've stayed at most including the Hilton which seems to be where the bar is set.(Excluding the Hermitage of course which is a different matter altogether)
Whoever came up with the Indigo model definitely got it right so next time you go to Music City give this hotel a chance. I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank butchpSt_PaulMn
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at Hotel Indigo for one night in June 2013. Check in was very fast and efficient. The front desk staff was not sure if our priority points had been added, but said she was check into it. She brought this to my attention without my asking which I thought was very helpful on her part. This hotel is within walking distance to everything we wanted to do. The room was very clean and comfortable and I appreciated the amenities of the docking station for charging phones on the alarm clock and the Aveda products in the bathroom. The lobby bar was very comfortable and nice. There was a singer/songwriter event going on the night we were there in the lobby bar. We used the bar to meet up with a large group (some hotel guests/some not) before heading out downtown. Several in our group were a little loud and were admonished by one of the singers. Our waitress could not have been more apologetic to us and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. We ran into her later in the evening while in Printer's Alley and she was still apologizing for the minor incident. The staff was more than accommodating. When checking out in the morning, the front desk staff recognized me from the day before and told me my points were all taken care of. I will definitely book this hotel again the next time I am in Nashville. Wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends