“Cool hotel very trendy and clean!”

Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #23 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Arlington Heights
“Cool hotel very trendy and clean!”
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My 23 yr old daughter and 18 yr old son stayed 1 night and thought it was an "awesome" hotel. They loved it and enjoyed their experience in Nashville. Safe neighborhood, near restaurants, shopping. Front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful! All hotels in downtown Nashville have a separate charge for parking. Competitive rates.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I was on a visit with my sister and son for TSU orientation, upon arrival, no discount on parking, then up the stairs to the front desk, could not find the elevator, dirty hallway with well worn carpet, and riped door lights, the other decor is nice, until we got to the room, a mini refridge left in the hallway and some more torn carpet, Staff was very nice though!

Reviewed 31 July 2010

I stay in Nashville often and so far this is the only place I plan to stay at again. Rooms were clean and well appointed front desk and bar were friendly. Minus the tornado warning and sirens a good experiance last Monday the 27th

• Stayed July 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed here for a night for business, and it was a complete nightmare. As noted in previous reviews, the rooms have no carpet, which meant chilly marble floors underfoot. My air conditioning was artic (64!!), but when I tried to turn it to a more comfortable level (69), the room quickly became clammy and damp. I was left to choose between freezing or swampy, which was unappealling to say the least.

The series of misfortunes continued: they were out of several entrees on the room service menu (at 5:30 pm on a Monday?). And when I went to take a shower before bed, there was no hot water. Calling downstairs I was told that the hot water was out for the entire tower, and my best shot at getting any was to run the taps for 40-60 minutes! When I asked to switch to another room, I was told I'd encounter the same thing in all of the rooms, although no one thought to inform me of this upon check in. Clearly, if I had known I couldn't shower on a business trip, I wouldn't have checked in at all. The front desk suggested I get up an hour early in the morning to run the hot water if I wanted to shower--which I did!!--and I was still left to wash off with icy water in the sink. There was no manager on duty to talk to, and when I left a message for the manager that day, I never heard back from him again. A complete fiasco. AVOID!!!!

1 Thank Ruckus714
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I've stayed in a series of mid-priced business hotels in downtown Nashville over the past few months, and think Indigo is by far the best. The rate ($109/night) was considerably cheaper than the typical rates I've experienced at the Courtyard and Doubletree ($170-175/night). The wireless access was reliable and free (Doubletree's wireless was unreliable and cost $10/night; Courtyard's internet access is free, but not wireless). The room was smaller than my rooms at the Courtyard and Doubletree, but the bathroom and amenties (like the in-room coffeemaker) were nicer and more modern, particularly compared to the Courtyard's. The ground-floor bar and lounge area is very nice, and the staff were nice about letting my colleagues and I bring in outside food for a lunch meeting there. The only downsides were that the shower took a long time to warm up and that the business center printer was down (a common occurrence in my experience). The staff cured the latter problem by letting me print from their computer at the front desk.

Although I did not get an opportunity to try the room service, it looked very healthy and very reasonably priced (e.g., breakfast granola, yogurt and fruit for about $4, veggie egg dishes for less than $10).

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My husband & I went for our anniversary this past weekend. The ice maker on our floor was out of ice. When I called the front desk, the guy told me to go up a couple of floors & try theirs. No pool. Outside patio area was trashed with beer cans & cigarette butts. There were just a few tables with iron chairs to sit in. No effort on the hotel's part to make this a nice sitting area. Parking was $20/night. The water smelled horrible. They messed up our reservations & had us in a double bed room instead of a king. Shuttle guy was nice & very helpful. We tipped him big every time. Surrounding restaurants were good. Small rooms. Hotel was just NOT a 4-star.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We had stayed at the Hotel Indigo - Nashville West End location on the way to Indiana from Florida. On the way home, we decided to try the Hotel Indigo - Nashville Downtown. And I will never stay at this hotel again.

The only thing the hotel has going for it is location. It is just a few short blocks to all the attractions, clubs and honkey tonks.

The rooms were tiny. Barely enough room to walk around the bed and no where to place your luggage. By contrast, the Hotel Indigo West End had rooms four times bigger and much nicer. This hotel is in a renovated old building. But if they couldn't make the rooms any larger, then they should have picked another building.

Service at the front desk was basically zero. We were lucky to even find someone at the front desk while we were there. Self parking is $20 per night and valet is $22. No free coffee in the lobby. This was all very disappointing considering the high prices they charge for a room.

There are many other quality hotel chains in the downtown area, and I would recommend that you choose one of the other ones. You sure do not get what you paid for in this case.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple