“Oblivious front staff but nice location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Oblivious front staff but nice location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

I made arrangements at this hotel for a getaway weekend with my fiancée. The check in process took a great deal of time with a brusque young lady who had no interest in helping us. We had to return to the desk two times because our cards had been keyed wrong. The staff at the bar is not very friendly and the bar menus are impossible to read as they are poorly run copies from a copy machine. Another odd thing was that the hotel has no concierge to assist with arrangements other than the same front desk clerk who is too busy to help anyway. I have to say the most helpful and professional people in the hotel were the housekeepers. We asked for an additional coffee packet to be left so we could both have two cups of coffee, and the housekeepers left us additional coffee and a nice note wishing us a good time in Nashville. Our room was nice other than it smelled like smoke and the A/C unit was extremely loud, even for someone who sleeps as soundly as I do. At the end of the day, the place is a great price for a downtown hotel (about $50 less per night than anything else in the area.)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

Great find in Nashville. Wished it was closer to the strip but the decor, rooms, service and entertainment in the bar at night made up for it's location. Kudos to the management and music promoter for booking the acts on 9/24/10 with great talent and variety. Good resturants around the hotel location. Try Lime for their innovative menu spin on Southwest food.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

WOW!!!! I was very nervous about our stay at Hotel Indigo bec of some reviews I had read-Well they were wrong!! (BAD ONES) It was Absolutely the Best Hotel we ever stayed at!!!!! PERFECT!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

i never even got to see my room or stay a night there, when i got to the front desk i wanted to pay my bill of 400.00 with cash i was told i could not pay cash it had to be a credit card, i did not have a credit card on me at the time as i had to be at huge party in less then 5 hours that was a hour away and i explained this to the lady that worked at the desk i had 1000.00 in cash i offered to even leave her a extra 200.00 dollars as a sec. dep. she got the general manager LAURIE PHILLIPS to come and speak to me and to make a long story short i was treated like a dog by LAURIE PHILLIPS the general manager and the young lady at the front desk told several lies durning the converstion/debate/ argument.... i wouldnt recommend this place to any one ever... i was in crunch for time so i went to the only place i knew i could get a room the comfort inn.. the women were so nice to me they gave me a suite with a hot tub and a living room and a temperpedic matt. and box spring.. this all for less then the indigo... poor manager and shame on them for turning a customer away .... i visit nashville 4 to 7 times a year and will never ever go back to this hotel again...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank griz011
HotelIndigoNashDT, Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, 17 November 2010
We are very sorry for your inconvenience. Our policy is to require a credit card at check-in. This is for the security of the guests as well as the hotel. The standards of some hotels may not be as high as the Hotel Indigo standards. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Nashville.
Cleveland, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed here for one night to attend a football game at Vanderbilt.

Check-in was SLOW!! Only one guy was working the desk while lots of LSU fans were milling around trying to check in or ask questions. He was doing the best he could but the hotel really should have had a couple more people working the front desk!

Our room was clean and very comfortable. Not having carpet on the floor was a little odd - had I known I would have brought slippers but otherwise it was fine. The decor is a little trendy and the carpets in the hallways are worn but the room furnishings appeared to be in good condition.

In spite of the slow check-in, the hotel staff did their best to be accomodating. The shuttle driver was happy to drive us down to the stadium (only a mile and a half or so but it was rainy) and gave us a number to call if we wanted him to return for us. We walked back but it was nice knowing that we had an option.

The hotel also hosts a song writer showcase on Saturday nights so we sat in the bar for a while after the game and listened to some original music performed by the song writers. Hearing live music was an unexpected bonus.

Scottsburg, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

We booked a trip here for Labor Day weekend. We drove 3 hours from Indiana, and arrived at 10:30pm. This hotel is downtown - very good location. However finding parking was a bit of a task. When we finally got parked (in a tiny, dank parking garage), we were surprised to see that the hotel neighbors a... 'gentleman's club'. The alley on the way to the hotel was a little wild, but no big deal. The problems started once we checked in. The room had hairs and what looked like food on the bed. The toilet had not been cleaned and there was urine and hairs on and around it. The room was tiny, but that would have been acceptable had it been clean. Also, street noise is very loud on 5th floor and below. The front desk moved us immediately... to a smoking room. We booked non-smoking. We weren't even asked if it was okay. When we walked into the room, the smell was unbearable. Again, toilet not cleaned. Used roll of toilet paper sitting on back of toilet, bottom was wet. Room was smaller. Also a bloody band-aid under desk. We'd seen enough. I asked for and received a refund, and we left for home.
It really is a shame that this hotel has that kind of service, because it really is a nice building. All in all I can't recommend this hotel.

1 Thank jet_setter984
Warren, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

I was definately underwhelmed by this Hotel Indigo. While it does have some nice features I also had many issues with the hotel that made my stay less than satisfactory.

Check in was decent although no description of the hotel or features was offered. I was simply handed my keycards and sent on my way.

The public areas were nice but the place had that old building funky smell which i suppose is to be expected.

The hallway leading to my room was nicely decorated and i had a good enough first impression to be expecting a very nice room.

The room itself was a huge disappointment. I understand that this hotel is only a couple years old and if it's deteriorated to the point it is now i can only imagine where it will be five years from now.

The room was extremely small which again i wasn't surprised about considering the age of the building. I immediately checked out the view which was a partial view of the Nashville City Hall best i could tell considering the filthiness of of windows. The comforter on the bed had a huge rip in it and there was a big patch of mold on the ceiling in the main room not the bathroom. The bed and mattress wasn't very comfortable. On the plus side they did provide a nice flat screen TV with many channels to choose from.

The most irritating part of my stay involved the shower area and hot water situation. The design of the shower is flawed. There is no covering on the opening to the shower which means water splashes out everywhere and gets the area outside of the shower wet and drafty. The water pressure was absolutely ridiculous. My usual ten minute shower was probably doubled trying to get the shampoo out of my hair and soap off of my body. Hot water took a lifetime to finally arrive through the pipes. Your best bet is to start the shower on full hot, go grab some breakfast and if you're lucky when you get back it will be shower time.

I can't recommend the Hotel Indigo. While i'm not familiar with Nashville i have to believe there are better choices.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo