“Comfortable and Close enough to walk”

Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #23 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Comfortable and Close enough to walk”
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo for a long weekend in Nashville. The downtown location kept us close to the entertainment areas. The room was clean & all of the staff were very friendly. The only thing that disappointed us was that the hotel lobby/bar entertainment wrapped up by 11pm. I guess that's a good thing though if you're room is too close to the bar. Valet service was helpful and timely, given ~15 minute notice. An experienced Nashville visitor may know that there is nearby public garage parking that would probably be cheaper than the valet service, although you'd sacrifice convenience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kainzow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Tell City, IN
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stayed one night while in town for concert at Bridgstone. Hotel price actually better or at same price as some others immediately surrounding it. Decor of hotel is very nice. Rooms were very clean. Huge bathrooms--Aveda bath products. Beds are super comfy--we loved all the extra pillows. Location is great for downtown entertainment--close walk to everything you could want to do (5-10 minutes tops), although coming back you do have a slight incline uphill. Only cons I can list are the old, ran down parking garage which still cost you $20 and the walls in this hotel are very THIN--when walking down the hall we could hear everything that was going on in the rooms around us!!! Would definitely recommend though that anyone considering the downtown entertainment to stay here or somewhere nearby.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank riverratfamily
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I was cautious about staying here based on the significant negative feedback, but - because I am a big fan of IHG and specifically the Indigo brand - I held out hope that our experience would prove excellence.

Sadly, our stay overall did not disprove the general opinion. From the outset, with our most-unimpressive check-in with Freda - who clearly, to me, should never be in client services - I knew things weren't going to be as stellar as they've been at other Indigo properties. Room upgrade - as a Platinum member - was a disappointment. A lackluster valet parking interaction, even though I called in advance and was standing at the entrance for 15 minutes (Hello? Can you see me?), added to my frustrations. Our negative encounters were given a thorough bookend, when, on the final morning of our stay a maid knocked on our door at 11 a.m. - even though we had a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door - and then proceeded to engage in conversation - through the door when we were in bed on Valentine's Day weekend! - to emphasize that we needed to leave. I guess the old school building exacts old school technology and this maid had no way of checking to see that I was a PCR member and did 'need' to check out until 2 p.m. I don't usually vent, but this was thoroughly unprofessional and underscored the poor service (training too perhaps?) at this property.

With all of the above said I do want to compliment the Bar staff - they were both friendly and informative on 'what to do' - as well as the one Front Desk member that was proactive and friendly: Sara Borg - who helped to mitigate my frustrating matters and made me finally feel 'appreciated' as a guest. After all, I chose this hotel solely because of the Indigo brand, if I'd followed TripAdvisor feedback not so.

Likes: hotel decor; proximity to downtown attractions and nightlife; historic architecture and artwork decoration throughout the building; cool bar and live music; nice bar staff; nice walk-in showers and water pressure.

Dislikes: Front Desk staff - yes, the other reviewers are right on and not exaggerating; inability to open the windows in the rooms; parking difficulties in the area; not up-to-speed on PCR treatment standards.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank WorldAdventurer_7
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Funny place. Pros: Great location, nice lobby area and bar area; Starbucks attached; valet pretty efficient; interesting rooms. Cons: front desk has been unorganized on all 3 visits; didn't get my points credited on all 3 visits, although I confirmed they "had my number"; rooms are cool, but a couple of times I had a room with no chair save the completely uncomfortable desk chair. I HATE sitting on the bed to watch TV.; On 2 of 3 visits, my room key stopped working multiple times; a couple of room cleanings were less than stellar; no coffee refill; cable out once; etc.
Overall, due to reasonable price for location, I'd stay again. I'm a sucker for older buildings converted into hotels. This one definitely has character. Plus, on one visit, there was a killer free concert right across the street. How often does that happen? I guess you just roll with the quirks.....

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Pir8guy
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Really enjoyed staying at Hotel Indigo for the Music City Bowl and New Years very accessible to everything! The bar in the lobby was really cool, friendly staff, and the beds are super comfortable! Will go back soon!

• Stayed December 2010
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 January 2011

This hotel was quite expensive but it was New Years Eve in Nashville. It is located downtown about 4 blocks off of Broadway. The rooms are small but clean and very nice. One thing I did notice is that it was the best smelling room I have ever stayed at (don't know if that was b/c of the cleanliness or just some type of mist). The bed was very comfortable and the shower is very large w/ great water pressure. No carpet which is a great plus and I never understand why more hotels don't do this. Great bar and Starbucks is in the hotel. Parking is expensive, so just park a block from there and pay $15 instead of there $22 a night. Overall, great hotel. By the way some of these reviews are ridiculous and are way to crucial of very minor things.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 31 December 2010

If you value your personal belongings do not stay at this hotel.stayed here for Halloween weekend checked in thursday
night valet parked the car all was well until sat morn.we asked for the car and went out for costumes and breakfast.we were out of room for less than two hours on our return our room had been accessed by hotel pass key issued to housekeeping and laptop and credit card had been taken,we know it was hotel pass key because the thief dropped two of them on the floor by the bed .it took over 20 mins and three phone calls to reception for anyone to come to the room (the manager was too busy)we had to phone police ourselves.we have waited this long to post a review to try and settle this matter but to no avail up until now we have had no written apology from anyone. we received a call a couple of weeks ago from a loss adjuster who offered us $150 in compensation we told them to donate it to charity as we feel this was an insult.they have not sent us a receipt to show that they have done this.we were not treated in a professional manner .be warned

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple