“Delicious food with a great vibe”

Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,053 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Essex, United Kingdom
“Delicious food with a great vibe”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I'm glad we saved this for our last dinner in Nashville as it was certainly the best.
Starting with fried green tomatoes (served with a spicy bacon dip) these cornmeal covered beauties were totally wonderful. I had the blackened salmon with sweet potato mash and veg next while my friend had the burger with pulled pork.
We were thoroughly entertained by The Cumberland Collective, whose soulful vibes and crew of eight people on stage was exactly what I'd hoped to find during my first Nashville visit.
I bought their CDs, plus a restaurant T-shirt and jam jar they use for drinks I enjoyed it so much.
Pre book as it gets busy. Don't miss out.

• Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
DANDRIDGE
“Great little gem in downtown Nashville”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I've visited Puckett's several times, the last being in March. It business is any indication of how good this place it, then it's great. It's always full with folks willing to wait to get a table. My food has always been good and service has been just as good. If you're staying or visiting downtown, I'd recommend paying a visit to Puckett's on Church Street.

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We had a HUGE breakfast at Pucketts one mornings of our stay...easily could feed two people. Returned for dinner a couple nights later. Great barbecue and even better fried chicken. Attentive staff. Great live music from Ravencliff...mix of Tom Petty, Skynrd, Van Morrison....covers plus some original songs. We bought the CD and listened to it over and over again on our travels. Enjoyed their music just as much in our car as we did in Pucketts.

Visited June 2013
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great food, drink, service AND atmosphere!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We found this restaurant early in our trip and ended up going there 3 times. Our server Brant was great. Super helpful in helping us select from the menu as well as giving us some great ideas about what to see while in Nashville. I had the fried chicken my first night and was not disappointed. The chicken is not precooked! We were told it would take a little longer to come out since it is only made when ordered. It was worth the wait. We decided to go back a couple days later because we had heard other people RAVING about the pulled pork....again, not disappointed. The sauce was tasty and they gave two different types so you could chose the best flavor for you. It's important to get there before 6 or have reservations because the place really gets busy...they have live music which helps to fill up the place but a great time... A must eat at place if in downtown Nashville

• Visited May 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Wish I had Puckett's in my Town”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Puckett's was so good, I went twice! First time for the chicken and waffles, Second time for a chicken sandwich. They were both scores high in my book. They have many local crafted brews. Enjoy them. What was great about the chicken both times is that it wasn't greasy. It was crisp and light. The menu is bursting with great items waiting to be tried. Puckett's will make you put off that diet you were thinking about. Just a short walk from Broadway, it will get you away from the noise. Don't miss it.

• Visited June 2013